Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series 11:15 - Jul 23 with 4194 viewsLibero

Any one else been watching this?

I've really enjoyed it, nothing in it is "new" per say, but it beautifully illustrates grip that Murdoch has held over British politics for decades and lays out in chronological order the inappropriately close relations between state and media and exposes the disgusting tactics employed by news international employees.

Next weeks episode steps into Brexit/Steve Banon/Trump territory.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 11:16]
Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 12:25 - Jul 23 with 3623 viewshampstead_blue

If I had enough time to spend watching that, I'd use it better.
RM is a pile of....

I fear you may give yourself unnecessary stress by watching it.

Do you remember "Why don't you".....their great tag line; "just switch off your television set and go do something more interesting instead"

Save yourself the stress.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 13:00 - Jul 23 with 3592 viewsDubtractor

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 12:25 - Jul 23 by hampstead_blue

RM is a pile of....

Do you remember "Why don't you".....their great tag line; "just switch off your television set and go do something more interesting instead"

So says one of the biggest cheerleaders for Murdoch's messaging!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 13:03 - Jul 23 with 3581 viewsfooters

You just don't understand the readers, do you, eh? He's the bloke you see in the pub, a right old fascist, wants to send the w**s back, buy his poxy council house, he's afraid of the unions, afraid of the Russians, hates the qu**rs and the weirdos and drug dealers. He doesn't want to hear about that stuff (serious news).
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 13:03]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 13:59 - Jul 23 with 3545 viewshampstead_blue

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 13:00 - Jul 23 by Dubtractor

So says one of the biggest cheerleaders for Murdoch's messaging!

Were? I can't see him/her.....

Not me my cartoon avatar.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 14:04 - Jul 23 with 3535 viewsSpruceMoose

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 13:03 - Jul 23 by footers

You just don't understand the readers, do you, eh? He's the bloke you see in the pub, a right old fascist, wants to send the w**s back, buy his poxy council house, he's afraid of the unions, afraid of the Russians, hates the qu**rs and the weirdos and drug dealers. He doesn't want to hear about that stuff (serious news).
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 13:03]

Yes... An old twtd sage once claimed that you either can be a c*** or a wa***r.

His readers prove that it's possible to be both.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 17:24 - Jul 23 with 3467 viewsLibero

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 12:25 - Jul 23 by hampstead_blue

RM is a pile of....

Reaaaaaally f*cking weird response to me asking if anyone else has been watching a documentary series that I’ve been enjoying.
Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 17:59 - Jul 23 with 3444 viewsSpruceMoose

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 17:24 - Jul 23 by Libero

Reaaaaaally f*cking weird response to me asking if anyone else has been watching a documentary series that I’ve been enjoying.

In the same vein, Hamstead could probably save himself a lot of stress if he gave TWTD a miss for a while too...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 18:18 - Jul 23 with 3437 viewsLibero

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 17:59 - Jul 23 by SpruceMoose

In the same vein, Hamstead could probably save himself a lot of stress if he gave TWTD a miss for a while too...

It’s just weird behaviour.

I’ve read it through 3/4 times and it still makes precisely zero sense.
Login to get fewer ads

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 18:32 - Jul 23 with 3414 viewsfooters

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 18:18 - Jul 23 by Libero

It’s just weird behaviour.

I’ve read it through 3/4 times and it still makes precisely zero sense.

You might need to read the remaining quarter for it to make sense.

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 18:47 - Jul 23 with 3409 viewsLibero

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 18:32 - Jul 23 by footers

You might need to read the remaining quarter for it to make sense.

HAHA! - you know what I meant!
Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 19:24 - Jul 23 with 3379 viewsmidastouch

I've just finished watching the second part. Enjoying it too.
The biggest message to come out of the documentary is...
Don't p*ss off Max Mosley! :-)

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 19:29 - Jul 23 with 3360 viewsLibero

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 19:24 - Jul 23 by midastouch

I've just finished watching the second part. Enjoying it too.
The biggest message to come out of the documentary is...
Don't p*ss off Max Mosley! :-)

Yes, you have to admire his resolve!

I knew a little bit about his story from Jon Ronson’s reporting, but him being guarantor for some of the people taking TNOTW to court shocked me, great effort.
Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 19:34 - Jul 23 with 3349 viewsmidastouch

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 19:29 - Jul 23 by Libero

Yes, you have to admire his resolve!

I knew a little bit about his story from Jon Ronson’s reporting, but him being guarantor for some of the people taking TNOTW to court shocked me, great effort.

The look Mosley gave the camera at the end of part 2 showed he's definitely not a man to cross!
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 19:36]

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 20:03 - Jul 23 with 3319 viewshoppy

No sign of factors? I bet he's still glued to it... with a box of tissues?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 08:36 - Jul 24 with 3224 viewsmidastouch

I also found it amusing when it showed the party celebration for the 1997 general election victory (episode 1). It showed all the New Labour protagonists standing together with some of them dancing to D:ream "Things Can Only Get Better." In the edit it's been speeded up and I think it made them all look comical!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 8:36]

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 09:08 - Jul 24 with 3193 viewsRadlett_blue

The really sad thing is the point they made this week. We held the lengthy, exhaustive & expensive Leveson Inquiry & the report was published as long ago as 2012. Everyone seemed to agree that the press needed an independent regulator and that the relationship between the press and the police needed to change. Shamefully, the government dropped the whole thing and the whole Leveson inquiry was an expensive waste of time.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 09:48 - Jul 24 with 3178 viewsLibero

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 09:08 - Jul 24 by Radlett_blue

The really sad thing is the point they made this week. We held the lengthy, exhaustive & expensive Leveson Inquiry & the report was published as long ago as 2012. Everyone seemed to agree that the press needed an independent regulator and that the relationship between the press and the police needed to change. Shamefully, the government dropped the whole thing and the whole Leveson inquiry was an expensive waste of time.

I wouldn't go as far as "waste of time" but it certainly didn't yield the results that it looked like it possibly would.
Murdoch doc is excellent, the Iraq war series even better.... on 14:50 - Jul 25 with 3063 viewsunstableblue

... it’s 2020, and we have the clear documented history of the awful consequences of poor leadership and direction... and yet you have Trump in the White House, Boris in number 10, and a media that have facilitated Brexit and Tory buffoonery, with an emboldened Putin pulling strings in the background.

These docs are just further examples of the BBC, despite how much News Corp, the Tories and the Daily Mail would weaken our national broadcaster. YouTube misinformation a big enough threat.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Murdoch doc is excellent, the Iraq war series even better.... on 15:05 - Jul 25 with 3052 viewsDarth_Koont

Murdoch doc is excellent, the Iraq war series even better.... on 14:50 - Jul 25 by unstableblue

... it’s 2020, and we have the clear documented history of the awful consequences of poor leadership and direction... and yet you have Trump in the White House, Boris in number 10, and a media that have facilitated Brexit and Tory buffoonery, with an emboldened Putin pulling strings in the background.

These docs are just further examples of the BBC, despite how much News Corp, the Tories and the Daily Mail would weaken our national broadcaster. YouTube misinformation a big enough threat.

Not sure I would give the BBC as much credit as that. I think they're part of the mess nowadays not some shining beacon of truth and factual journalism.

They will of course do some good stuff from time to time but the overall tenor and value of the day-to-day stuff is pretty average. They are massively into client journalism and giving a free platform to party politicians to generate their content. And their coverage of major issues like Brexit and the environment is invariably flawed by giving false balance to opposing opinions that often disguises the massive factual imbalance.

I know this is a difficult balancing act at the best of times but they seem disturbingly compromised in this regard by their unhealthy relationship with the government for funding as well as their need to create clickbait like any other commercial news outlet nowadays.

Our media is the least trusted in the OECD - and still falling. I'd like to believe the BBC could take the lead in reversing that but I think their own slipping standards have been a significant part of that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 15:07 - Jul 25 with 3041 viewsAce_High1

Yes I have been watching this.

Just goes to show the real power in business and the world is all about relationships and how to influence people.
Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 22:03 - Jul 28 with 2794 viewsRyorry

Expected to be turned hopping mad by him & his "achievements" in part 2 just finished, but am actually in a state of volcanic eruption

Arguably responsible for Brexit, Johnson and Trump. The comments on him towards the end were corruscating.

Missed a lot of it so "looking forward" (well sort of) to viewing the whole disgusting lot (recorded) later.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 22:08 - Jul 28 with 2782 viewsfooters

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 22:03 - Jul 28 by Ryorry

Expected to be turned hopping mad by him & his "achievements" in part 2 just finished, but am actually in a state of volcanic eruption

Arguably responsible for Brexit, Johnson and Trump. The comments on him towards the end were corruscating.

Missed a lot of it so "looking forward" (well sort of) to viewing the whole disgusting lot (recorded) later.

Those, of course, are only his recent 'achievements' and ones he can only claim a minor role in.

From the unions to Thatcher and Major to Blair, he's been a blight on this country. 'Mad Men and Bad Men: What Happened When British Politics Met Advertising' by Delaney is a good read on some of the tactics employed by Rupert and others in recent times.

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 22:20 - Jul 28 with 2756 viewsDarth_Koont

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 22:08 - Jul 28 by footers

Those, of course, are only his recent 'achievements' and ones he can only claim a minor role in.

From the unions to Thatcher and Major to Blair, he's been a blight on this country. 'Mad Men and Bad Men: What Happened When British Politics Met Advertising' by Delaney is a good read on some of the tactics employed by Rupert and others in recent times.

"A blight on this country"

Agreed. And you can add in a few more of the press barons too.

Ironically the readers of those papers are most likely to call out Soros who is trying to make the world a better place. For them.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 22:23 - Jul 28 with 2747 viewsfooters

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 22:20 - Jul 28 by Darth_Koont

"A blight on this country"

Agreed. And you can add in a few more of the press barons too.

Ironically the readers of those papers are most likely to call out Soros who is trying to make the world a better place. For them.

The Sun. Making its readers vote against their best interests since 1968.

Quelle surprise.

I found that final episode the most disturbing on 22:25 - Jul 28 with 2743 viewsunstableblue

Rupert Murdoch BBC Documentary series on 22:03 - Jul 28 by Ryorry

... given what had been exposed in and around the Levinson Enquiry in terms of how over influential he had been in politics.. to then allow him to have another bite at the cherry.. and in a way that has had an even more poisonous effect on all our lives.... its shocking, and frankly disturbing.

I think when you're own son and daughter are distancing themselves.. and his former Sun editor made possibly the most poignant comments of the night, when stating that Murdoch's blind spot to Fox News' emboldening the far right in America was unconscionable.

Gove and Patel at his wedding to Jerry Hall, dinner with a toadying Nigel Farage.

He has no interest in what is good for the world or society, just his agenda. Look at the state of America.

Just don't buy his media I'm back to the Guardian and Observer having recently been occasionally buying the Sunday Times.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 22:41]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024