Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swift, Taylor 17:37 - Jul 23 with 1789 viewsartsbossbeard

New album out at midnight.

11 of the 16 tracks written by Arron Dressner from The National, plus orchestration plus producing with Bon Ivor adding vocals.

I'm intrigued, I'll level with you.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Swift, Taylor on 18:00 - Jul 23 with 1728 viewsSpruceMoose

She's a decent sort too, good moral compass on her.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Swift, Taylor on 18:55 - Jul 23 with 1672 viewsBlueBadger

Swift, Taylor on 18:00 - Jul 23 by SpruceMoose

She's a decent sort too, good moral compass on her.

Is she still mates with Ryan Adams? Now THERE's a bloke who's lyrics increasingly say 'well, he was hiding in plain sight all this time'.

Not attempting whatabouttery here, genuinely curious.

https://pitchfork.com/news/ryan-adams-accused-of-abuse-by-phoebe-bridgers-mandy-

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Swift, Taylor on 19:05 - Jul 23 with 1651 viewsSpruceMoose

Swift, Taylor on 18:55 - Jul 23 by BlueBadger

Is she still mates with Ryan Adams? Now THERE's a bloke who's lyrics increasingly say 'well, he was hiding in plain sight all this time'.

Not attempting whatabouttery here, genuinely curious.

https://pitchfork.com/news/ryan-adams-accused-of-abuse-by-phoebe-bridgers-mandy-

I think anyone with any sense will have distanced themselves from that fella. He seems like a wrong 'un.

I didn't know they were mates though, just that he had covered one of her albums.

His mistreatment of women sounded awful, but ultimately wasn't illegal and it's not unusual for awful men to be awful humans in the music world.

But those weren't even the most severe allegation he was facing either, he was in legal hot water I believe too for certain things he's been accused of. Although I never heard if there was any outcome to that, and a quick Google doesn't provide any info either.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Swift, Taylor on 19:11 - Jul 23 with 1634 viewsBlueBadger

Swift, Taylor on 19:05 - Jul 23 by SpruceMoose

I think anyone with any sense will have distanced themselves from that fella. He seems like a wrong 'un.

I didn't know they were mates though, just that he had covered one of her albums.

His mistreatment of women sounded awful, but ultimately wasn't illegal and it's not unusual for awful men to be awful humans in the music world.

But those weren't even the most severe allegation he was facing either, he was in legal hot water I believe too for certain things he's been accused of. Although I never heard if there was any outcome to that, and a quick Google doesn't provide any info either.

They had quite the mutual appreciation society going on for a while. Taylor is on record as being a massive fan of his when she was younger, because his early stuff is astonishingly brilliant. But, 'Heartbreaker' in particular does now rather come across as hiding in plain sight.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ryan-adams-abuse-me-too-songs-lyri
[Post edited 23 Jul 2020 19:16]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Swift, Taylor on 19:20 - Jul 23 with 1602 viewsAce_High1

Very talented, regardless if you like the music she makes or not.
Swift, Taylor on 19:31 - Jul 23 with 1588 viewsBlueBadger

Swift, Taylor on 19:20 - Jul 23 by Ace_High1

Very talented, regardless if you like the music she makes or not.

I remember hearing an interview with genius country singer-songwriter Mary Gauthier in which she opined that she's loved to work with Taylor Swift on a song or two.

That's quite the compliment.

Swift, Taylor on 08:48 - Jul 24 with 1411 viewsartsbossbeard

It's chuffing brilliant.

The National with Swifty on guest vocals basically.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Swift, Taylor on 08:57 - Jul 24 with 1395 viewsDubtractor

Swift, Taylor on 08:48 - Jul 24 by artsbossbeard

It's chuffing brilliant.

The National with Swifty on guest vocals basically.

High violet/boxer era national, or the (even more) downbeat national of recent years?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Swift, Taylor on 09:00 - Jul 24 with 1382 viewsartsbossbeard

Swift, Taylor on 08:57 - Jul 24 by Dubtractor

High violet/boxer era national, or the (even more) downbeat national of recent years?

Recent years really.

Solemn lyrics/beautifully crafted stuff as per.

Swift, Taylor on 09:19 - Jul 24 with 1330 viewsBluefish

I have never heard of Arron dressner or the national but I love Taylor swift.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024