Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders 22:46 - Jul 23 with 9949 viewsmonytowbray

if you are starting to feel like you’ve been conned and have undermined our national security by following these crooks.

If not, I’d be fascinated to know why you’re sticking to your guns?

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-report-donors-boris-johnson-conservative-

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 23:02 - Jul 23 with 3378 viewsSpruceMoose

It's simple. They don't care. They are getting what they want, which is the government hurting all the right people (in their opinion).

There's no reasoning with such a hateful ideology.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 23:37 - Jul 23 with 3336 viewsmonytowbray

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 23:02 - Jul 23 by SpruceMoose

It's simple. They don't care. They are getting what they want, which is the government hurting all the right people (in their opinion).

There's no reasoning with such a hateful ideology.

Is Brexit why Norwich got relegated?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 07:51 - Jul 24 with 3203 viewspointofblue

If it gives you any confidence one of my colleagues and their family were all passionate Brexiteers in the lead up to the referendum. Now they all want it scrapped and would fight hard to Remain if there was a second vote.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 07:53 - Jul 24 with 3197 viewsHerbivore

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 07:51 - Jul 24 by pointofblue

If it gives you any confidence one of my colleagues and their family were all passionate Brexiteers in the lead up to the referendum. Now they all want it scrapped and would fight hard to Remain if there was a second vote.

Bit late now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 07:54 - Jul 24 with 3192 viewsbracknell_blue

They are psychologically incapable of admitting thyey were wrong and were lied to by their poliotical heroes. It shows extreme courage to admit you are wrong and change your mind.

I admit I was right about Brexit, but will admit to being very wrong about MM. I was an outer and now I know that was wrong. Mea culpa.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 08:26 - Jul 24 with 3138 viewsOldsmoker

The referendum vote was over 4 years ago.
People have 'moved on'.
I remember the sensible projections that got labelled as Project Fear.
I remember the 'easiest trade deal in history' being promised.
All of it was BS but those who voted Leave saw a different future to what will actually come to pass and voted for it. A lot of Leave voters I know are still OK with Brexit even if it means hardships.
However, I firmly believe that at least 2% were manipulated/fooled into voting Leave. That 2% swing would have meant we remained in the EU.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 08:51 - Jul 24 with 3103 viewspeterleeblue

This pretty much sums up Democracy.
I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 09:10 - Jul 24 with 3075 viewsDecageBruce

Did everyone who voted Tory in the last election automatically have voted Brexit and Vice Versa?

My personal limited knowledge is that those that I know that Voted Brexit (didn't understand a great deal granted) but either voted on the racism/xenophobic stance or 'coz I'm not voting for the f*cking Cameron'.

Appears to me there is somewhat of an automatic grouping of the two which I am not sure is correct. I also know an awful lot of open Labour backers who voted leave.

Just intrigued as always

Thanks
Login to get fewer ads

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 09:16 - Jul 24 with 3055 viewsHerbivore

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 09:10 - Jul 24 by DecageBruce

Did everyone who voted Tory in the last election automatically have voted Brexit and Vice Versa?

My personal limited knowledge is that those that I know that Voted Brexit (didn't understand a great deal granted) but either voted on the racism/xenophobic stance or 'coz I'm not voting for the f*cking Cameron'.

Appears to me there is somewhat of an automatic grouping of the two which I am not sure is correct. I also know an awful lot of open Labour backers who voted leave.

Just intrigued as always

Thanks

A lot of Labour leave voters voted for Johnson because he is the poster boy for their precious Brexit.

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 09:27 - Jul 24 with 3018 viewsDecageBruce

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 09:16 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

A lot of Labour leave voters voted for Johnson because he is the poster boy for their precious Brexit.

Has that then increased their disdain for him now then?

I fail to grasp that 'knowing' he is a 'lying racist' would lead to voting for him on this issue and yet so against him on other political issues.

I understand that this is a very general statement and not aimed at/assuming/think of the voting history of any posters that engage in the political threads on here.

I am not as well read as others hear, which may mean I am adding to the perceived issue with current politics, so enjoy seeing the debates (before they usually turn into Tit for Tw*t competitions)
I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 10:03 - Jul 24 with 2954 viewsHerbivore

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 09:27 - Jul 24 by DecageBruce

Has that then increased their disdain for him now then?

I fail to grasp that 'knowing' he is a 'lying racist' would lead to voting for him on this issue and yet so against him on other political issues.

I understand that this is a very general statement and not aimed at/assuming/think of the voting history of any posters that engage in the political threads on here.

I am not as well read as others hear, which may mean I am adding to the perceived issue with current politics, so enjoy seeing the debates (before they usually turn into Tit for Tw*t competitions)

The Tories and the media have managed to make Brexit THE political issue and voting in 2019 seemed to very much go along Brexit lines. The Labour 'Red Wall' largely voted leave in the referendum and crumbled and voted Tory last year. A lot of people in those areas cited both Brexit and Corbyn as the main reasons they held their moses and voted for the Tories. What will be interesting to see is whether the Brexit 'battle lines' continue to exist once we've actually left and continue to significantly influence voter behaviour. I get the sense that Johnson and Cummings are happy to perpetuate a culture war as it is their best chance of keeping hold of older working class voters in traditional Labour constituencies.

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 10:21 - Jul 24 with 2932 viewsDecageBruce

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 10:03 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

The Tories and the media have managed to make Brexit THE political issue and voting in 2019 seemed to very much go along Brexit lines. The Labour 'Red Wall' largely voted leave in the referendum and crumbled and voted Tory last year. A lot of people in those areas cited both Brexit and Corbyn as the main reasons they held their moses and voted for the Tories. What will be interesting to see is whether the Brexit 'battle lines' continue to exist once we've actually left and continue to significantly influence voter behaviour. I get the sense that Johnson and Cummings are happy to perpetuate a culture war as it is their best chance of keeping hold of older working class voters in traditional Labour constituencies.

Thank you.

Do you think that a No Deal/the perceived inefficient approach to the negotiations would effect any voters to return to Labour or would the Brexit stance override that.

Appreciate you are not the voice of politics in the UK but good to hear your views
I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 10:22 - Jul 24 with 2930 viewsfactual_blue

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 09:10 - Jul 24 by DecageBruce

Just intrigued as always

Thanks

The construction 'Tory/Brexit' means 'tory and or brexit', so there's no suggestion the two are completely aligned.

Intrigue solved.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 10:24 - Jul 24 with 2920 viewsDecageBruce

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 10:22 - Jul 24 by factual_blue

The construction 'Tory/Brexit' means 'tory and or brexit', so there's no suggestion the two are completely aligned.

Intrigue solved.

Thanks,

As a relative Layman on the matters it just appears to me, on the many posts covering these subjects, that they tend to get thrown into one pot.
I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 10:27 - Jul 24 with 2904 viewsHerbivore

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 10:21 - Jul 24 by DecageBruce

Thank you.

Do you think that a No Deal/the perceived inefficient approach to the negotiations would effect any voters to return to Labour or would the Brexit stance override that.

Appreciate you are not the voice of politics in the UK but good to hear your views

Hard to say. I think a lot of leave voters that wouldn't have wanted no deal when they voted are now backing no deal rather than changing their mind and admitting they might have been wrong about leaving. Some have changed (a few posters on here for example) but a lot of leave voters now just want Brexit whatever the cost.

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 10:57 - Jul 24 with 2859 viewseastangliaisblue

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 08:26 - Jul 24 by Oldsmoker

The referendum vote was over 4 years ago.
People have 'moved on'.
I remember the sensible projections that got labelled as Project Fear.
I remember the 'easiest trade deal in history' being promised.
All of it was BS but those who voted Leave saw a different future to what will actually come to pass and voted for it. A lot of Leave voters I know are still OK with Brexit even if it means hardships.
However, I firmly believe that at least 2% were manipulated/fooled into voting Leave. That 2% swing would have meant we remained in the EU.

2%?! I think you're being a little too kind to the public!
I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 11:26 - Jul 24 with 2810 viewsSwansea_Blue

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 10:24 - Jul 24 by DecageBruce

Thanks,

As a relative Layman on the matters it just appears to me, on the many posts covering these subjects, that they tend to get thrown into one pot.

Probably because it's a Tory project. It was lobbied for by Tories for decades (some of whom then split off to for UKIP and the BP, granted), the Leave campaign was led by Tories, promoted fanatically by a Tory supporting press, and then delivered by 3 successive Tory governments. And the nature of the future relationship with the EU has been shaped by Tory MPs.

There were a few Brexit supporting MPs who weren't Tories or former Tories, people like Kate Hoey for example. But in the grand scheme of things they were irrelevant.

Doesn't mean that all Tory voters voted Brexit and vice versa of course, but they have been dependent upon each other.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 11:35 - Jul 24 with 2782 viewsBlueBadger

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 10:27 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

Hard to say. I think a lot of leave voters that wouldn't have wanted no deal when they voted are now backing no deal rather than changing their mind and admitting they might have been wrong about leaving. Some have changed (a few posters on here for example) but a lot of leave voters now just want Brexit whatever the cost.

Brexit isn't a political policy any more, it's a cult. And all the Brexiteers are about to see what the kool-aid tastes like.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 12:03 - Jul 24 with 2758 viewsvilanovablue

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 11:35 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

Brexit isn't a political policy any more, it's a cult. And all the Brexiteers are about to see what the kool-aid tastes like.

Is that Kool Aid in a Jonestown Massacre kind of way?
I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 12:10 - Jul 24 with 2747 viewsclive_baker

Worth remembering that 40% of Labour voters also voted to leave the EU.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 12:15 - Jul 24 with 2732 viewsclive_baker

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 10:27 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

I think there's probably a lot that deep down know they were mugged off but are too stubborn or proud to admit it now. I don't think the toxicity that surrounded it and followed it has helped to be honest, and the attitude of many people with an opposing view. It's felt very tribal, regardless of which side of the fence you're on and it's become such a heated issue that families have been broken up over it etc, which for me is madness. I never saw too many people that bothered about the EU 10 years ago, but a media sandstorm later and we suddenly have to get out ASAP and happy to stop talking to loved ones. It's bonkers and completely irrational. But yeah, you see it on here even. If you call someone an idiot, it can't come as a great surprise when they double down.

In the same respect a lot of Corbyn voters probably aren't too comfortable in admitting that he wasn't fit for office.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 12:17]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 12:18 - Jul 24 with 2724 viewsHerbivore

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 12:10 - Jul 24 by clive_baker

Think the split was 65/35, that's the figures I've seen. Tories had a similar split the other way. Thing is, Tories tend to maintain party loyalty at all costs whereas Labour leave voters felt disenchanted and were happy to vote on Brexit lines in the last election. Whether that will be maintained or not will be interesting to see.

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 12:18 - Jul 24 with 2715 viewsBlueBadger

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 12:10 - Jul 24 by clive_baker

Fancy that, something that Nigel Farage lied about.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48039984

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 12:20 - Jul 24 with 2711 viewsHerbivore

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 12:15 - Jul 24 by clive_baker

I think there's probably a lot that deep down know they were mugged off but are too stubborn or proud to admit it now. I don't think the toxicity that surrounded it and followed it has helped to be honest, and the attitude of many people with an opposing view. It's felt very tribal, regardless of which side of the fence you're on and it's become such a heated issue that families have been broken up over it etc, which for me is madness. I never saw too many people that bothered about the EU 10 years ago, but a media sandstorm later and we suddenly have to get out ASAP and happy to stop talking to loved ones. It's bonkers and completely irrational. But yeah, you see it on here even. If you call someone an idiot, it can't come as a great surprise when they double down.

In the same respect a lot of Corbyn voters probably aren't too comfortable in admitting that he wasn't fit for office.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 12:17]

I think blaming people who didn't buy the lies for people who bought the lies continuing to double down on them is a take I just don't buy to be honest. It also shifts the blame away from the liars and charlatans that sold leave voters a pup.

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 12:22 - Jul 24 with 2706 viewsHerbivore

I have to ask the still remaining ardent Tory/Brexit cheerleaders on 12:18 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

Fancy that, something that Nigel Farage lied about.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48039984

That's a smaller proportion than I'd seen, think my figure was from Yougov. Either way, it's not 40%.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024