Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil 09:58 - Jul 24 with 3687 viewsCheltenham_Blue

With Lamberts comments yesterday on everyone at the club looking at themselves.

Was it just a statement released from the club, or was there a VPC? (Virtual Press Conference)

I'm just wondering if anyone has put it to the club that the malaise went far deeper than just the last two months and in fact since November we were pretty awful?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Phil on 10:00 - Jul 24 with 3652 viewsKeno

"in fact since November we were pretty awful"

which November are you referring to?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Phil on 10:01 - Jul 24 with 3642 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Phil on 10:00 - Jul 24 by Keno

"in fact since November we were pretty awful"

which November are you referring to?

Could be any.

Phil on 10:03 - Jul 24 with 3629 viewsBluefish

As if anyone in the media would risk upsetting the club by telling the truth

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Phil on 10:15 - Jul 24 with 3607 viewsPhilTWTD

No press conference, just quotes released by the club. PL hasn't done any press since a decision was made on last season being ended early.

Re the last point, I did say exactly that to Lee O'Neill when I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago.

O'Neill: We're Reviewing Where We Need to Make Amends for Last Season 11th Jul 2020 13:43
General manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says the club continues to review what went wrong during the curtailed 2019/20 season in which the Blues finished 11th in League One on points per game, their lowest finish since 1952/53, having targeting automatic promotion. 28

Phil on 10:18 - Jul 24 with 3562 viewsBluefish

Phil on 10:15 - Jul 24 by PhilTWTD

No press conference, just quotes released by the club. PL hasn't done any press since a decision was made on last season being ended early.

Re the last point, I did say exactly that to Lee O'Neill when I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago.

O'Neill: We're Reviewing Where We Need to Make Amends for Last Season 11th Jul 2020 13:43
General manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says the club continues to review what went wrong during the curtailed 2019/20 season in which the Blues finished 11th in League One on points per game, their lowest finish since 1952/53, having targeting automatic promotion. 28

That is utterly mental. We weren't performing well at all, we were an utter shambles, it was a farce from about November and it was shaky before then

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Phil on 10:23 - Jul 24 with 3536 viewsfactual_blue

Phil on 10:15 - Jul 24 by PhilTWTD

Are they looking at themselves because ME got a good deal on a load of mirrors?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Phil on 10:26 - Jul 24 with 3528 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Phil on 10:18 - Jul 24 by Bluefish

That is utterly mental. We weren't performing well at all, we were an utter shambles, it was a farce from about November and it was shaky before then

It's all just double speak and spin.

Surely O'Neil can comprehend, that if we had been winning games between November and January, the final two month 'blip' wouldn't of mattered, as we'd have been so far ahead of the rest.

The only reason we were top in January is because teams around us couldn't win and we had such a lead at the beginning of November.

Phil on 11:55 - Jul 24 with 3421 viewsGuthrum

Phil on 10:26 - Jul 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

Surely O'Neil can comprehend, that if we had been winning games between November and January, the final two month 'blip' wouldn't of mattered, as we'd have been so far ahead of the rest.

The only reason we were top in January is because teams around us couldn't win and we had such a lead at the beginning of November.

Altho it's rare that a team will go the whole season without a lean patch somewhere. Many do start well, coast at some point, then push on. Or struggle across the line at the end, or start badly and improve.

We could have coped with stuttering from November to January, except that we subsequently broke down completely and seemed to be out of ideas on how to fix things - or even shore them up a bit to stay in touch with the play-offs.

The final two months wasn't a 'blip', it was a full-on disintegration. Losing seven games out of nine is not a slip-up. Moreover there was no real sign of turning it round even had we played the remaining eight games (we only got a draw at Wimbledon because they couldn't score, Burton was a one-off).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Phil on 12:35 - Jul 24 with 3326 viewsBlueBadger

Phil on 11:55 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

Altho it's rare that a team will go the whole season without a lean patch somewhere. Many do start well, coast at some point, then push on. Or struggle across the line at the end, or start badly and improve.

We could have coped with stuttering from November to January, except that we subsequently broke down completely and seemed to be out of ideas on how to fix things - or even shore them up a bit to stay in touch with the play-offs.

The final two months wasn't a 'blip', it was a full-on disintegration. Losing seven games out of nine is not a slip-up. Moreover there was no real sign of turning it round even had we played the remaining eight games (we only got a draw at Wimbledon because they couldn't score, Burton was a one-off).

Sadly, it appears that the 'blip' in the season(and indeed Lambert's whole ITFC career) was the start of the season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Phil on 13:46 - Jul 24 with 3197 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Phil on 11:55 - Jul 24 by Guthrum

This is spot on.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Phil on 13:47 - Jul 24 with 3195 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Phil on 12:35 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

Sadly, it appears that the 'blip' in the season(and indeed Lambert's whole ITFC career) was the start of the season.

This is ridiculous. Guthrum called it as it happened.

Phil on 13:57 - Jul 24 with 3159 viewsHerbivore

Phil on 13:47 - Jul 24 by Terry_Nutkins

It's not ridiculous. When you look at the first two months they are really the anomaly compared with the rest of the season. We went 8 league games without a win in November and December and then lost 7 out of 9 in February and March. That was our level for most of the season under Lambert, sadly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Phil on 14:19 - Jul 24 with 3093 viewsBlueBadger

Phil on 13:47 - Jul 24 by Terry_Nutkins

The man has a 26% win average. The start of the season is totally atypical of his reign.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Phil on 18:05 - Jul 24 with 2975 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Phil on 13:57 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

It's not ridiculous. When you look at the first two months they are really the anomaly compared with the rest of the season. We went 8 league games without a win in November and December and then lost 7 out of 9 in February and March. That was our level for most of the season under Lambert, sadly.

So it's ridiculous. The blip didnt start at the beginning of the season did it! We were top for ages. Sorry it is ridiculous.

Take nothing away from from just how badly downhill it went!! Garbage the way the season finished for us. Utter garbage. But sorry, just because you anyone wants Lambert gone, doesnt mean the blip started at the beginning of the season.

Phil on 18:07 - Jul 24 with 2968 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Phil on 14:19 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

The man has a 26% win average. The start of the season is totally atypical of his reign.

I would still focus on last season in isolation. I agree with you it wasn't good enough. I also totally accept the view of wanting a change. My comment was you saying the blip was start of the season. Thats silly.

Phil on 18:29 - Jul 24 with 2932 viewsBlueBadger

Phil on 18:07 - Jul 24 by Terry_Nutkins

I would still focus on last season in isolation. I agree with you it wasn't good enough. I also totally accept the view of wanting a change. My comment was you saying the blip was start of the season. Thats silly.

We won 10 in 15 league games at the start of the season(August, September, October). We won 4 in 20 in the remaining 21 league matches(November, December, January , February half of March) We spent more of the season in both game time and real time not winning games than we did winning. Factor in cup games and if anything, it looks even more piss poor.

Blip.

Lambert out.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 18:32]

Phil on 18:39 - Jul 24 with 2906 viewsBlueBadger

Phil on 18:05 - Jul 24 by Terry_Nutkins

So it's ridiculous. The blip didnt start at the beginning of the season did it! We were top for ages. Sorry it is ridiculous.

Take nothing away from from just how badly downhill it went!! Garbage the way the season finished for us. Utter garbage. But sorry, just because you anyone wants Lambert gone, doesnt mean the blip started at the beginning of the season.

In the context of Lamberts career as a whole and our season it was a freakish run of form that started with the first game of he season.

A blip, if you will.

Phil on 19:05 - Jul 24 with 2859 viewsPremierBlue

Phil on 13:57 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

7 of 9 is alright any month.
Phil on 19:14 - Jul 24 with 2834 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Phil on 18:29 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

We won 10 in 15 league games at the start of the season(August, September, October). We won 4 in 20 in the remaining 21 league matches(November, December, January , February half of March) We spent more of the season in both game time and real time not winning games than we did winning. Factor in cup games and if anything, it looks even more piss poor.

Blip.

Lambert out.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 18:32]

You destroyed you own silly blip from the beginning of the season argument with the opening line of this one. Nice one. The rest of it backed up what i said. Garbage after.

Phil on 19:29 - Jul 24 with 2791 viewsBlueBadger

Phil on 19:14 - Jul 24 by Terry_Nutkins

You destroyed you own silly blip from the beginning of the season argument with the opening line of this one. Nice one. The rest of it backed up what i said. Garbage after.

How do you figure that then? We spent considerably longer in our 36 game season in poor runs of form than we did in good form. How dies that make our good form 'not a blip'?

Phil on 19:32 - Jul 24 with 2784 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Phil on 19:29 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

How do you figure that then? We spent considerably longer in our 36 game season in poor runs of form than we did in good form. How dies that make our good form 'not a blip'?

Ok. I'm backing out.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 19:35]

Phil on 20:01 - Jul 24 with 2713 viewsMeadowlark

Phil on 10:26 - Jul 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

"have" mattered...
Phil on 20:42 - Jul 24 with 2658 viewsHerbivore

Phil on 18:05 - Jul 24 by Terry_Nutkins

If you look at it, those 11 games at the start were the blip in the context of our season overall. 11 games of good, 25 games of mainly dross. I know you're still defending Lambert but you really are defending the indefensible.

Phil on 20:59 - Jul 24 with 2629 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Phil on 20:42 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

If you look at it, those 11 games at the start were the blip in the context of our season overall. 11 games of good, 25 games of mainly dross. I know you're still defending Lambert but you really are defending the indefensible.

I point out the things i disagree with. Where the hell am i defending Lambert. Always get this. Because i don't spend my time bashing him and picking fault with every news conference and utterance etc?!

I'll defend fact vs fiction (Like the points now made that his entire career has been garbage. We've been through that with the actual stats and its not true)

In this thread alone i've said what happened was total garbage and i've consistently said he's fortunate to keep his job. How is that defending him?

In Summary: I am not defending Lambert. Read it again

Like I said I think Guthrum's analysis was bang on. Do yiu tgink that was a pro Lambert post!?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 21:02]

Phil on 21:06 - Jul 24 with 2609 viewsHerbivore

Phil on 20:59 - Jul 24 by Terry_Nutkins

I point out the things i disagree with. Where the hell am i defending Lambert. Always get this. Because i don't spend my time bashing him and picking fault with every news conference and utterance etc?!

I'll defend fact vs fiction (Like the points now made that his entire career has been garbage. We've been through that with the actual stats and its not true)

In this thread alone i've said what happened was total garbage and i've consistently said he's fortunate to keep his job. How is that defending him?

In Summary: I am not defending Lambert. Read it again

Like I said I think Guthrum's analysis was bang on. Do yiu tgink that was a pro Lambert post!?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 21:02]

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024