Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) 14:48 - Jul 24 with 4152 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 14:53 - Jul 24 with 3332 viewsBlueBadger

Source?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 14:57 - Jul 24 with 3323 viewsSitfcB

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 14:53 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

Source?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 14:59 - Jul 24 with 3302 viewsBlueBadger

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 14:57 - Jul 24 by SitfcB

We'll get 1.75 plus add-ons and PRP will call it a 'good deal that lets us reinvest in the team' before he gives Will Keane another contract and lies about attempting to sign Conor Wickham.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:05 - Jul 24 with 3276 viewsCokeIsKey

They can go pull the other one then. Going up next season and not having the face the salary cap is worth far more than £2.5 Million.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:08 - Jul 24 with 3249 viewsHerbivore

Not worth letting him go for that £4m seems more appropriate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:08 - Jul 24 with 3250 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 14:59 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

We'll get 1.75 plus add-ons and PRP will call it a 'good deal that lets us reinvest in the team' before he gives Will Keane another contract and lies about attempting to sign Conor Wickham.

Evans won't even entertain a figure like that.

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:10 - Jul 24 with 3238 viewsTieDyedIn95

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 14:59 - Jul 24 by BlueBadger

I think many supporters are still to realise we are a bang average third division team.

The reality is getting a few million quid for any player at this level is arguably good business. Clubs also know we are happy to sell and we have an owner looking to limit his loss from last season so that will help drive down the value.

Downes may mean the world to us right now but to Palace he's another number that might have some potential if given the right coaching. I see our fans on Twitter demanding we take 10 million for him. We couldn't sell our entire squad for that money right now.

The main advantage of not selling him this window is that his value may increase by the mid season point when teams will be after more players and the landscape is clearer financially.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:13 - Jul 24 with 3213 viewsBlueBadger

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:08 - Jul 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

LOL

Login to get fewer ads

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:17 - Jul 24 with 3196 viewsitfcjoe

Palace monitoring Downes by itfcjoe 18 Jul 2020 20:55
Spoke to a good Palace contact, apparently they think he’s worth £2m

Edit - Evans wants £8m for him, Palace think he's worth £2m....I guess if it creeps up towards £4-5m then we may struggle to turn it down but I think he will be here next season hearing a few bits about this.

Just no need to sell him for £2-3m as he'll retain that value as a minimum and have 2 years left on his deal in summer 2021
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 15:19]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:35 - Jul 24 with 3087 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:17 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

Edit - Evans wants £8m for him, Palace think he's worth £2m....I guess if it creeps up towards £4-5m then we may struggle to turn it down but I think he will be here next season hearing a few bits about this.

Just no need to sell him for £2-3m as he'll retain that value as a minimum and have 2 years left on his deal in summer 2021

I think this bang on. I think £2m is massively undervalued.

Signs pointing towards him being here next year which is massive.

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:37 - Jul 24 with 3070 viewsHerbivore

I'd prefer to keep him for sure. Thing is, I don't think he's done enough to be worth £8m so no way will we get that and even at £4m a decent chunk of that is still more about potential than anything else. I can see why Palace only want to take a punt at £2m or so but that kind of valuation makes no sense for us. One of those where I think the two parties will just remain too far away from each other, which is good for us all told.

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:40 - Jul 24 with 3051 viewsStenvict

Fortunately, we don't NEED to sell him, so surely we're more than happy to turn that sort of bid down. I'm sure Flynn wants to do all he can to help the club get back to the Championship so unlikely he'll be looking to force a move if they offered £2m.

Poll: What will be announced first?

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:40 - Jul 24 with 3054 viewsitfcjoe

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:37 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

I'd prefer to keep him for sure. Thing is, I don't think he's done enough to be worth £8m so no way will we get that and even at £4m a decent chunk of that is still more about potential than anything else. I can see why Palace only want to take a punt at £2m or so but that kind of valuation makes no sense for us. One of those where I think the two parties will just remain too far away from each other, which is good for us all told.

Yep, and potentially good for ME long term

If Downes can lead us to promotion next season he'll be worth the £8m we want for him

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:42 - Jul 24 with 3015 viewshadleighboyblue

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:08 - Jul 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

If that's the price it is a straight NO . Would hope he's worth £5m to any cash rich premier club

He is worth much more than £2m to keep him , our midfield would be powder puff if we lost him
CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:44 - Jul 24 with 3001 viewshadleighboyblue

Spot on Joe .

Make him skipper
CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:46 - Jul 24 with 2989 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:10 - Jul 24 by TieDyedIn95

I think many supporters are still to realise we are a bang average third division team.

The reality is getting a few million quid for any player at this level is arguably good business. Clubs also know we are happy to sell and we have an owner looking to limit his loss from last season so that will help drive down the value.

Downes may mean the world to us right now but to Palace he's another number that might have some potential if given the right coaching. I see our fans on Twitter demanding we take 10 million for him. We couldn't sell our entire squad for that money right now.

The main advantage of not selling him this window is that his value may increase by the mid season point when teams will be after more players and the landscape is clearer financially.

A few million quid is massive to your average League One club. But what you have to remember is what other League One clubs have been able to get for their players in past seasons, when fees were lower generally.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB3#:~:tex

Delph - £8.55m - Leeds to Villa
Lookman - £8m - Charlton to Everton
Powell - £6.75m - Wigan to Crewe
Assombalonga - £5m - Peterborough to Forest
Alli - £6m - MK Dons to Spurs

The list goes on.

Importantly Matt Clarke went for £3.5m to Brighton from Pompey last season. That's the minimum we should be getting for Downes.

Would anyone be surprised if Downes actually captained the club in the next year or so? Probably not. Is he our best player? Probably. He's 21 and played for England at U21 level.

£4m-£5m is ridiculous for this level generally but not for Downes on the basis of the above.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:46 - Jul 24 with 2987 viewsHerbivore

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:40 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

If Downes can lead us to promotion next season he'll be worth the £8m we want for him

Yep. If we manage to go back up and he's had another good season we can easily hold out for the £8m. Hopefully Flynn will understand and won't try to force a move. He seems pretty level headed.

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:53 - Jul 24 with 2952 viewsPhilTWTD

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:40 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

I doubt they seriously think they'll get anything like that for him at the moment, he's not shown he's worth that, even more so given the current market situation.

Depends on how much Marcus needs to bring in any cash how much he'd be able to turn down. I thought the £4m recently quoted was about right for the current overall situation, but agree a very good season, the market reinflating and he could be worth a lot more in a year's time.

I'm pretty sure Palace tested the water with an offer in January but not sure how much. Certainly the interest has been strong for some time. I'd be surprised if they thought they could get him for as little as £2m unless they think Town are desperate for cash, as many League One clubs are, of course.

Re Downes, an ex-player with contacts at a Premier League club who were watching him told me they were of the opinion he doesn't do enough to play at that level yet, that he's only involved in a very limited area of the field for the most part.

This post has been edited by an administrator
CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:57 - Jul 24 with 2905 viewsBluefish

Slight issue is player power. If CP are making FD an offer that offer means Premier League and the chance to be financially set up for life.

We can turn it down and refuse but it will create a negative situation with the player and have an impact on other young stars commiting to long deals with us

There has been lots of talk of Andre getting a chance if Flynn goes but I dont see how we are keeping him. He is in the last year with no more options. If he has a successful season with us then we lose him anyway, I just can't see why he would extend his stay here

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:59 - Jul 24 with 2889 viewsHerbivore

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:46 - Jul 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

A few million quid is massive to your average League One club. But what you have to remember is what other League One clubs have been able to get for their players in past seasons, when fees were lower generally.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB3#:~:tex

The list goes on.

Importantly Matt Clarke went for £3.5m to Brighton from Pompey last season. That's the minimum we should be getting for Downes.

Would anyone be surprised if Downes actually captained the club in the next year or so? Probably not. Is he our best player? Probably. He's 21 and played for England at U21 level.

£4m-£5m is ridiculous for this level generally but not for Downes on the basis of the above.

Downes hasn't played for England under-21s.

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 16:05 - Jul 24 with 2855 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:59 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

Downes hasn't played for England under-21s.

Under 20's then.

Whatever the England age group is he's currently in.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 16:06 - Jul 24 with 2849 viewsElderGrizzly

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 15:46 - Jul 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The list goes on.

Most of those are attacking players too which hikes the price up.

No way is Downes getting anywhere near £8m. 30 odd good games in L1 for a midfielder, who while good, still has a very limited game is just not happening.

£4m maybe and then you are probably looking at top-ups to get near £4m, with a sell-on on top.
CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 16:10 - Jul 24 with 2832 viewsHerbivore

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 16:05 - Jul 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Under 20's then.

Whatever the England age group is he's currently in.

It's a pretty significant difference. Lots of youngsters play for u-20s and don't go on to much, the u-21s is a pretty significantly higher standard. The best players of Downes' age are playing in u-21 sides rather than u-20 sides.

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 16:17 - Jul 24 with 2787 viewsitfcjoe

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 16:10 - Jul 24 by Herbivore

It's a pretty significant difference. Lots of youngsters play for u-20s and don't go on to much, the u-21s is a pretty significantly higher standard. The best players of Downes' age are playing in u-21 sides rather than u-20 sides.

There isn't as much fast tracking that goes on these days, only the truly exceptional get put up age groups nowadays so that isn't that big a deal

But he's unlikely to play for them when he should be next season

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 16:21 - Jul 24 with 2765 viewsHerbivore

CPFC valuation of Flynn Downes at £2m-£2.5m (n/t) on 16:17 - Jul 24 by itfcjoe

There isn't as much fast tracking that goes on these days, only the truly exceptional get put up age groups nowadays so that isn't that big a deal

But he's unlikely to play for them when he should be next season

Looking at the most recent u-20 squad in contrast to the u-21s I'd say there's a fair gap in terms of quality though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024