Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. 20:17 - Jul 24 with 16552 viewsLibero

What an absolute blow hard coward, what is with these weirdos?!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53532559
Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 20:27 - Jul 24 with 6069 viewsSwansea_Blue

Putting any possible homophobia and politics aside, Owen Jones is incredibly annoying. He reminds me of the yapping Yorkshire Terriers my grandparents used to have. You just can’t shut him up. I can see why he winds people up (obviously not condoning violence against him though).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 20:31 - Jul 24 with 6057 viewshampstead_blue

OJ goes out of his way to be as annoying as possible.
Not surprised someone stuck one on him.

Would be interesting to see if he was giving the blokes that smug grin and wind-up attitude he does all the time.

Not condoning homophobic or racist behaviour at all.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 20:37 - Jul 24 with 6038 viewsSwansea_Blue

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 20:31 - Jul 24 by hampstead_blue

Would be interesting to see if he was giving the blokes that smug grin and wind-up attitude he does all the time.

I very much doubt he was asking for it (to paraphrase). From what I’ve heard about the incident he was disgustingly targeted by cowards.

I can see why people find him annoying, but I don’t understand why anyone would want to externalise any such feelings through violence. Stupid tvvats.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 20:57 - Jul 24 with 5980 viewsMattinLondon

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 20:31 - Jul 24 by hampstead_blue

You really are a total bell end aren’t you. If it’s possible, maybe check what you write before you press the ‘Add reply’ button. I
Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 21:14 - Jul 24 with 5934 viewsfooters

Having met Owen Jones on several occasions, he's a very nice bloke. Sorry to break it to you, but he seemed very level-headed, open and willing to chat about anything. No hint of pretence about him.

Nice that you fancy caving his head in though.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 21:16 - Jul 24 with 5923 viewsmonytowbray

That’s what he gets for being a middle class white boy.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 21:16 - Jul 24 with 5912 viewsGlasgowBlue

I dislike his politics and his persona, which I find annoying, but in no way was he asking to be battered by a homophobic scumbag.

Owne Jones is the victim in this and deserves to be trusted as such. We should never give any sort of excuse to these people for their thuggish behaviour.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 21:33 - Jul 24 with 5871 viewsSeablu

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 21:16 - Jul 24 by GlasgowBlue

I dislike his politics and his persona, which I find annoying, but in no way was he asking to be battered by a homophobic scumbag.

Owne Jones is the victim in this and deserves to be trusted as such. We should never give any sort of excuse to these people for their thuggish behaviour.

Even when you’re in the right you’re like the kid who turns up for PE in his trunks & goggles.
Login to get fewer ads

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 21:34 - Jul 24 with 5874 viewseastangliaisblue

So you're sticking up for the racist football hooligan, and not the victim?
Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 21:44 - Jul 24 with 5836 viewsm14_blue

This is not cool HB, not cool at all.
Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 21:47 - Jul 24 with 5825 viewsKropotkin123

Yes you are. Saying your aren't doesn't change that fact.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 21:54 - Jul 24 with 5797 viewsBlueBadger

Agree to disagree, shouldn't be generalising that nazis are all c*nts.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 21:56 - Jul 24 with 5800 viewsMullet

I know these always end up looking like you get piled on, but that's twice in a short space you've made really odd and venomous comments about the bloke. Coupled with expressions of causing serious harm to people on the left.

It's a very worrying trait, it doesn't come off as joking either you seem to think it's totally ok.

As a vet who got very upset about the suggestion of links to right wing extremists and all that, to see you playing down the actions and beliefs of a bloke found to have neo-nazi links here, that's quite a lot to swallow isn't it?

Had a "lefty" on here made comments about doing British soldiers harm in NI back in the troubles you'd rightly feel aggrieved and targeted. But when you do this about Jones and see no problem with it, how do you think the homosexual and/or left leaning TWTDers take your comments?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 22:02 - Jul 24 with 5785 viewsLibero

Honestly, please just take a day off from being the board berk.
Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 22:06 - Jul 24 with 5770 viewsSpruceMoose

This is why you have the reputation of a being an awful human.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 22:10 - Jul 24 with 5754 viewsfooters

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 22:06 - Jul 24 by SpruceMoose

This is why you have the reputation of a being an awful human.

I've been playing nice with hampstead but honestly this stuff is too much. Once in a while may be understandable but we're now up to a couple of posts a week imagining/willing physical violence on others. It's strange.

Maybe there is a need for 'decompression' post-service for veterans, I would be in favour of that. But to think this kind of talk will fly on civvy street... nah, man. It's worrying.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 22:12 - Jul 24 with 5741 viewsSpruceMoose

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 22:10 - Jul 24 by footers

I've been playing nice with hampstead but honestly this stuff is too much. Once in a while may be understandable but we're now up to a couple of posts a week imagining/willing physical violence on others. It's strange.

Maybe there is a need for 'decompression' post-service for veterans, I would be in favour of that. But to think this kind of talk will fly on civvy street... nah, man. It's worrying.

To be honest right now I'd settle for a forced break from here if he's going to keep doing this. Others have gone for less. Might do him some good.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 22:25 - Jul 24 with 5687 viewsJ2BLUE

It's always a good idea to assume the victim is to blame...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 22:26 - Jul 24 with 5682 viewsDarth_Koont

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 21:56 - Jul 24 by Mullet

I know these always end up looking like you get piled on, but that's twice in a short space you've made really odd and venomous comments about the bloke. Coupled with expressions of causing serious harm to people on the left.

It's a very worrying trait, it doesn't come off as joking either you seem to think it's totally ok.

As a vet who got very upset about the suggestion of links to right wing extremists and all that, to see you playing down the actions and beliefs of a bloke found to have neo-nazi links here, that's quite a lot to swallow isn't it?

Had a "lefty" on here made comments about doing British soldiers harm in NI back in the troubles you'd rightly feel aggrieved and targeted. But when you do this about Jones and see no problem with it, how do you think the homosexual and/or left leaning TWTDers take your comments?

Good post.

On a related note, I just watching an interview with Owen Jones and he took little pleasure in the sentence and showed admirable empathy towards a perpetrator who lives with that much hate.

He did raise an important point. These far-right thugs and their acts of aggression are not only being radicalized by the usual suspects in the right-wing political parties and media. But increasingly they've been legitimised by a centre that also demonises the left as hating Britain, loving terrorists, denying free speech etc.

The centre's facile and self-serving comparison of the "hard-left" (starting with social democracy and people like Owen Jones before moving left) and the hard right creates a huge danger for many innocent victims. And perhaps just as relevant a cause as the rhetoric from right-wing populists in the rise of all hate crimes over recent years.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2020 22:27]

Pronouns: He/Him

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 22:31 - Jul 24 with 5662 viewsjeera

"OJ goes out of his way to be as annoying as possible."

Said with no sense of irony or self-awareness whatsoever.

"Would be interesting to see if he was giving the blokes that smug grin and wind-up attitude he does all the time."

You have literally just invented a scenario in which you think it acceptable for him to be assaulted, with no consideration that he was more likely out for a drink and minding his own business.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 23:18 - Jul 24 with 5552 viewsRyorry

" ... goes out of his way to be as annoying as possible"

" ... interesting to see if he was giving the blokes that smug grin and wind-up attitude he does all the time ..."

Are you aware that those descriptions fit you and your posts on here in the eyes of many?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 23:31 - Jul 24 with 5533 viewsLankHenners

I have a great deal of sympathy with Owen Jones - he's very energetic in his approach to journalism which rubs some people up the wrong way but I've rarely seen anyone have their opinions and arguments treated so disingenuously and twisted out of their original meaning just so people can have a pop and sneer at him. Lots of supposed 'sensible' centrist journos and commentators seem to revel in mocking him, playing the man rather than the ball, and give him a far harder time than they do reprehensible figures on the right.

His open support for minority and marginalised groups sadly makes him a target for dickheads like the guy who assaulted him, and attitudes like the ones expressed by a certain poster in this thread are unfortunately not rare and will only lead to more things like this happening to someone else in the future.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 23:54 - Jul 24 with 5465 viewsSeablu

You need to have a long hard look at yourself and decide whether a normal civilised society is something you can integrate into.

As things stand, you’re an utter shambles.
Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 23:58 - Jul 24 with 5407 viewsBlueBadger

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 23:31 - Jul 24 by LankHenners

I have a great deal of sympathy with Owen Jones - he's very energetic in his approach to journalism which rubs some people up the wrong way but I've rarely seen anyone have their opinions and arguments treated so disingenuously and twisted out of their original meaning just so people can have a pop and sneer at him. Lots of supposed 'sensible' centrist journos and commentators seem to revel in mocking him, playing the man rather than the ball, and give him a far harder time than they do reprehensible figures on the right.

His open support for minority and marginalised groups sadly makes him a target for dickheads like the guy who assaulted him, and attitudes like the ones expressed by a certain poster in this thread are unfortunately not rare and will only lead to more things like this happening to someone else in the future.

He's basically the Callis of newspapers. His heart's in the right place but by 'eck can he overdo it or fall down some rabbit holes at times.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 00:04 - Jul 25 with 5381 viewsSeablu

Man tries to claim nonexistent alternative context to disgusting bigotry. on 22:12 - Jul 24 by SpruceMoose

To be honest right now I'd settle for a forced break from here if he's going to keep doing this. Others have gone for less. Might do him some good.

He’s some poor unfortunate’s problem when he’s not on here.

His neighbours are going to be on the news one day telling a reporter ‘he kept himself to himself but something wasn’t right about him’
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024