Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty obvious really. 10:02 - Jul 25 with 1800 viewsShawsey

Not just Covid, but life in general.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-obesity-increases-the-risk-of-death-from-
Pretty obvious really. on 10:08 - Jul 25 with 1772 viewsBlueBadger

Lots of things which are 'pretty obvious really' often prove to be b0llocks when subjected to scrutiny.

Quite often on the wards I'd think it was 'pretty obvious' that our younger covid patient in particular we're OK. They weren't. 'Happy hypoxia' whereby someone is oxygen-staved but looks OK and able to speak in full sentences is quite the thing, for example.

Or, it's 'common sense' that we stop chopping and changing managers at ITFC because we're going nowhere without a bit of consistency. Which is why we ended up with a 5 year contract for Paul Lambert.

Hence why I am cynical about people saying 'it's common sense innit'.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 10:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pretty obvious really. on 10:14 - Jul 25 with 1739 viewsPinewoodblue

Pretty obvious really. on 10:08 - Jul 25 by BlueBadger

Lots of things which are 'pretty obvious really' often prove to be b0llocks when subjected to scrutiny.

Quite often on the wards I'd think it was 'pretty obvious' that our younger covid patient in particular we're OK. They weren't. 'Happy hypoxia' whereby someone is oxygen-staved but looks OK and able to speak in full sentences is quite the thing, for example.

Or, it's 'common sense' that we stop chopping and changing managers at ITFC because we're going nowhere without a bit of consistency. Which is why we ended up with a 5 year contract for Paul Lambert.

Surely the comments made in the linked article apply to almost any medical condition, not just COVID-19.

Wonder how much weight our dear leader intends to lose.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Pretty obvious really. on 11:55 - Jul 25 with 1662 viewsBlueBadger

Pretty obvious really. on 10:14 - Jul 25 by Pinewoodblue

Surely the comments made in the linked article apply to almost any medical condition, not just COVID-19.

Wonder how much weight our dear leader intends to lose.

Interestingly enough, being overweight is linked with lower incidence of certain conditions, notably dementia and certain autoimmune diseases.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-fat-advantage/
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 11:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pretty obvious really. on 12:23 - Jul 25 with 1634 viewsDarth_Koont

It's not just the obvious overall health/fitness issue.

There's also relatively new evidence that obesity changes structures within the lungs that can lead to a host of respiratory issues - "fat lung" it's called.

Pronouns: He/Him

Pretty obvious really. on 13:25 - Jul 25 with 1573 viewsfactual_blue

Pretty obvious really. on 10:08 - Jul 25 by BlueBadger

Facters says 'man who relies on 'common sense' hasn't got any.'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Pretty obvious really. on 13:32 - Jul 25 with 1561 viewshampstead_blue

The insult my American ex used to say "put the fork down"......Brutal.

Cook from fresh and stop chowing down on loads of processed food.
Home economics should be taught again at school but in a more up to date package.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Pretty obvious really. on 13:39 - Jul 25 with 1541 viewsrgp1

Just all part of the governments control machine! Microchips next?
Pretty obvious really. on 16:53 - Jul 25 with 1459 viewsronnyd

Pretty obvious really. on 13:39 - Jul 25 by rgp1

Just all part of the governments control machine! Microchips next?

Na!, i like McCain home fries.
Login to get fewer ads

Pretty obvious really. on 19:03 - Jul 25 with 1412 viewsrgp1

Pretty obvious really. on 16:53 - Jul 25 by ronnyd

Na!, i like McCain home fries.

Lol
Pretty obvious really. on 19:17 - Jul 25 with 1393 viewsRyorry

Pretty obvious really. on 11:55 - Jul 25 by BlueBadger

Interestingly enough, being overweight is linked with lower incidence of certain conditions, notably dementia and certain autoimmune diseases.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-fat-advantage/
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 11:55]

Re weight & auto-immune disease it's also a question of chicken or egg first isn't it? Some might be underweight because of an auto-immune illness and/or inability to eat/absorb either certain types of food, or enough volume of food generally to maintain the weight they should be at.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024