Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. 13:46 - Jul 25 with 2624 viewscatch74

MM’s play off season, undeniable now that we should have strengthened. Just shocked to read the Stuart Watson piece about the relegated sides.
Hull were just outside the play offs in January and sold two of their best players and managed 6 points from their final 20 games, finishing rock bottom - imagine the melt downs on here.
Charlton and Wigan squads also ripped to shreds, no bad thing for us if we’re to make an escape from L1.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 14:47 - Jul 25 with 2516 viewsTractorCam

You mean their only 2 good players! The whole team were being carried by them, but still the fact they then only picked up 6 points after they left is embarrassing.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 14:55 - Jul 25 with 2494 viewsDinnernotTea

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 14:47 - Jul 25 by TractorCam

You mean their only 2 good players! The whole team were being carried by them, but still the fact they then only picked up 6 points after they left is embarrassing.

Just like the 2015 team was carried by Murphy and McGoldrick?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 15:15 - Jul 25 with 2441 viewscatch74

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 14:55 - Jul 25 by DinnernotTea

The two I was thinking of for us, I think we did have a few other decent players though.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 16:10 - Jul 25 with 2363 viewsDinnernotTea

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 15:15 - Jul 25 by catch74

The two I was thinking of for us, I think we did have a few other decent players though.

We had a bloke score 27 goals for us and we only limped into the play offs because Reading did the business at Derby. That stat alone shows how bang average the others were (McG excluded). The 2016 league finish proved that.

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 18:07 - Jul 25 with 2226 viewsPJH

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 16:10 - Jul 25 by DinnernotTea

We had a bloke score 27 goals for us and we only limped into the play offs because Reading did the business at Derby. That stat alone shows how bang average the others were (McG excluded). The 2016 league finish proved that.

Well the bit about a bloke scoring 27 goals is right anyway.
Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 19:02 - Jul 25 with 2188 viewsTractorboy24

Didn’t we finish 7th in 2016? Hardly much of a step down from 6th in 2015.
Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 19:12 - Jul 25 with 2174 viewsSimonds92

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 15:15 - Jul 25 by catch74

Sears with 9 goals and 4 assists in 23 games deserves more credit than he gets for his impact. (Mcgoldrick had 7 in 27 games as a comparison with 3 assists)
Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 21:13 - Jul 25 with 2099 viewslongtimefan

If only we had a bang average team now that could finish 7th in the Championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 00:04 - Jul 26 with 2040 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 19:12 - Jul 25 by Simonds92

Sears with 9 goals and 4 assists in 23 games deserves more credit than he gets for his impact. (Mcgoldrick had 7 in 27 games as a comparison with 3 assists)

Sears was excellent for us throughout 2015. Never reached those heights since.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 00:14 - Jul 26 with 2027 viewsSeablu

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 21:13 - Jul 25 by longtimefan

If only we had a bang average team now that could finish 7th in the Championship.

I’ll save Blue Badger the hassle of retyping it yet again..

‘But the match day experience is so much better now, Mick hated us, Lambo just understands us & he buys us warm lager when we play like sh*t’

I think that’s covered it.
Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 09:15 - Jul 26 with 1901 viewspatrickswell

We didn’t “limp into the play-offs”, we started the day in the top 6 and we finished it in the top 6 due to what we did over 46 games, especially the period between March and the end of the season when we came with a strong run of results to reclaim the spot. I think they’d earned Reading doing them a favour by the last day, don’t you?
Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 09:23 - Jul 26 with 1884 viewsartsbossbeard

Ah, the championship.

TWTD.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 11:20 - Jul 26 with 1814 viewsDinnernotTea

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 09:15 - Jul 26 by patrickswell

We didn’t “limp into the play-offs”, we started the day in the top 6 and we finished it in the top 6 due to what we did over 46 games, especially the period between March and the end of the season when we came with a strong run of results to reclaim the spot. I think they’d earned Reading doing them a favour by the last day, don’t you?

We needed 1 point to secure top 6. We lost. Therefore all eyes on Pride Park. Reading beat Derby to make sure our final day choke didn't hinder us.

The end.

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 14:02 - Jul 26 with 1738 viewspatrickswell

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 11:20 - Jul 26 by DinnernotTea

We needed 1 point to secure top 6. We lost. Therefore all eyes on Pride Park. Reading beat Derby to make sure our final day choke didn't hinder us.

The end.

And it didn’t hinder us. Wasn’t it great?

I wish we could have such a “bang average” squad representing us these days...
Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 14:44 - Jul 26 with 1695 viewsPJH

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 14:02 - Jul 26 by patrickswell

And it didn’t hinder us. Wasn’t it great?

I wish we could have such a “bang average” squad representing us these days...

It does seem that over the last five years the disappointment at us having got enough points during the season to finish in the top six has increased for some people.

The "we only finished 6th because Derby...." line always makes me laugh.
Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 18:07 - Jul 26 with 1630 viewstractordownsouth

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 14:55 - Jul 25 by DinnernotTea

We were heavily reliant on Murphy but McGoldrick was injured from January. Also worth pointing out that it required 78 points to get in the top 6 that year, which is a record. For context, Villa last season went up with a lower total, and 3rd placed Brentford only got 81 points.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 18:17 - Jul 26 with 1615 viewsWickets

Imagine if we’d sold 2 of our best players. on 11:20 - Jul 26 by DinnernotTea

The end.

I was at the game we did not choke yes we lost but we were pretty unlucky and the news that Derby were losing filtered through to the players on the pitch .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024