Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) 18:45 - Jul 25 with 32835 viewsbluelagos

Quarantine for returning to the UK just announced on BBC breaking news.

FFS.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 18:45]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 18:49 - Jul 25 with 5395 viewsbluelagos

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53540691?fbclid=IwAR1i0EuI-re1B_SQdFtXOxyKC4CLHkyL

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 18:53 - Jul 25 with 5376 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Only they won't.....Dominic Cummings syndrome innit!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 18:56 - Jul 25 with 5367 viewsBent_double

Is anyone surprised by this? I'm amazed that families are considering or even going on foreign holidays this year when this could happen anytime.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 19:00 - Jul 25 with 5347 viewsbluelagos

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 18:56 - Jul 25 by Bent_double

Is anyone surprised by this? I'm amazed that families are considering or even going on foreign holidays this year when this could happen anytime.

I am still hoping for a motorbike holiday to Spain in late Sept / October. Maybe more hope than reality but we will see how it lies at the time.

But it is a risk going anywhere at the moment as that destination could get an outbreak and you could get quarantined on your return. Looks like the holiday industry is going to be worse hit than maybe they hoped.

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 19:20 - Jul 25 with 5296 views26_Paz

Paid £431 last week for a weekend in Tenerife in the middle of August. Not going if I’d have to quarantine , even if I can’t get the money back. FFS. Disaster for the Paz!

The Paz Man

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 19:37 - Jul 25 with 5227 viewsLibero

The missus is supposed to be one of her cousin’s bridesmaids, the hen do is at a villa in Spain in September and last week my missus broke the news to the bride that she and her Mum wouldn’t be in attendance.

It was taken really badly by the bride’s Mother, although the bride herself understood despite being understandably disappointed.

Anyway, the mother in law has been getting clog off her sister (the bride’s mother) all week, telling her that they’re over reacting, Spain is safe, etc.
I hope this shuts her up.

They’re lovely people but your typical “I’m alright Jack” Essex lot.
They’ve barely changed their lifestyle since lockdown, their other daughter is a nurse in Essex and she’s been taking similar risks which frankly I found horrifying.

I can’t believe anyone is even considering travelling abroad currently.
Everything is so unpredictable, we would all be best served by keeping our social circles as small as possible for as long as possible.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 19:44]
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 19:43 - Jul 25 with 5204 viewsAce_High1

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 19:00 - Jul 25 by bluelagos

I am still hoping for a motorbike holiday to Spain in late Sept / October. Maybe more hope than reality but we will see how it lies at the time.

But it is a risk going anywhere at the moment as that destination could get an outbreak and you could get quarantined on your return. Looks like the holiday industry is going to be worse hit than maybe they hoped.

Hope it goes ahead for you.

Just had to cancel my trip to Australia for November which is a shame.
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 19:53 - Jul 25 with 5158 viewsNBVJohn

We were due to be there now, but decided against it after considering the potential for this..... we’ve just got back yesterday from a week in Cornwall instead and it was fabulous!

I love Spain and their way of life and culture (except the bull fighting) but the whole thing was just too risky this year.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 20:04 - Jul 25 with 5131 viewsronnyd

My daughter and son in law came back from Malaga last Tues. They are looking for rental property in that area. They are due to go back in the next couple of weeks and are taking their daughters as a jolly too. Couldn't understand them going in the first place as son in law is a diabetic. Crazy.
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 20:21 - Jul 25 with 5100 viewsElderGrizzly

Yep, decision was made Thursday but delayed by 48 hours at Spain’s request to see if rates would drop.

Anyone heading out now immediately has insurance invalidated as we are back to “against all but essential travel” for Mainland Spain too.

Slightly looser for Canaries and Balearics, but quarantine still applies for those.

Spain will not be the last to have this reintroduction in the next few months. There are a few European countries not far behind stats wise
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 20:30 - Jul 25 with 5062 viewsEastTownBlue

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 20:21 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

Yep, decision was made Thursday but delayed by 48 hours at Spain’s request to see if rates would drop.

Anyone heading out now immediately has insurance invalidated as we are back to “against all but essential travel” for Mainland Spain too.

Slightly looser for Canaries and Balearics, but quarantine still applies for those.

Spain will not be the last to have this reintroduction in the next few months. There are a few European countries not far behind stats wise

As it is the last Saturday in July, I wonder how many people will have flown out to Spain today prior to the announcement ?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 20:50]
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 20:45 - Jul 25 with 5018 viewsElderGrizzly

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 20:30 - Jul 25 by EastTownBlue

As it is the last Saturday in July, I wonder how many people will have flown out to Spain today prior to the announcement ?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 20:50]

Lots is the answer. Tens of thousands.

As they flew before the announcement their insurance remains valid, but quarantine still applies on return.
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 21:28 - Jul 25 with 4958 viewsEastTownBlue

For anyone looking for any strange twists in this latest development ...

[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 21:29]
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 21:38 - Jul 25 with 4912 viewsbluelagos

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 20:45 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

Lots is the answer. Tens of thousands.

As they flew before the announcement their insurance remains valid, but quarantine still applies on return.

Is it actually being enforced?

Seems harsh that people in low CV areas are subject to quarantine when the outbreaks are reported as being mainly in Catalonia (assuming that is correct)

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 21:41 - Jul 25 with 4886 viewsronnyd

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 21:38 - Jul 25 by bluelagos

Seems harsh that people in low CV areas are subject to quarantine when the outbreaks are reported as being mainly in Catalonia (assuming that is correct)

Madrid and Zaragoza have been mentioned too.
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 21:49 - Jul 25 with 4836 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 21:38 - Jul 25 by bluelagos

Of course it won't be....we have entered the 'lockdown by illusion' phase!

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 21:52 - Jul 25 with 4824 viewsElderGrizzly

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 21:49 - Jul 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Agree. Not enough police and will rely on common sense.

There will be a few examples made of people of course
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 21:56 - Jul 25 with 4805 viewsbluelagos

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 21:49 - Jul 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

I know what you are saying and that enforcement will be pretty much non existent. But the point by ME about having no insurance if you travel will effectively kill off 95% of Spanish holidays imho.

And even if the CV improves, cases drop and the quarantine is lifted, who is going to risk a Spanish holiday in the next couple of months?

Same for most of Europe I'd think (to a lesser degree) as people will worry about getting quarantined on their return which if you are self employed - would be a nightmare.

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 22:06 - Jul 25 with 4765 viewsgordon

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps currently on holiday in Spain...
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 22:09 - Jul 25 with 4749 viewsElderGrizzly

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 21:56 - Jul 25 by bluelagos

I know what you are saying and that enforcement will be pretty much non existent. But the point by ME about having no insurance if you travel will effectively kill off 95% of Spanish holidays imho.

And even if the CV improves, cases drop and the quarantine is lifted, who is going to risk a Spanish holiday in the next couple of months?

Same for most of Europe I'd think (to a lesser degree) as people will worry about getting quarantined on their return which if you are self employed - would be a nightmare.

BA aren’t helping people either by saying flights will continue to operate as usual even though FCO advice invalidates insurance

You can get a voucher, but no refund.
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 22:27 - Jul 25 with 4691 viewsbluelagos

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 22:09 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

BA aren’t helping people either by saying flights will continue to operate as usual even though FCO advice invalidates insurance

You can get a voucher, but no refund.

So far this year I have been refused refunds by Brittany Ferries, eurotunnel, Stenaline and now the Caledian sleeper train mob.

Brittany charged me to move a booking and Caledonian just told me to sod off as the tickets were non refundable.

Not even bothering to look at my insurance given they refused to pay up when I had to fly over riots in Colombia (FCO advise).

Starting to annoy me now...whilst appreciating many people have been impacted far worse.

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 22:28 - Jul 25 with 4680 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 22:06 - Jul 25 by gordon

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps currently on holiday in Spain...

But he gets to play the 'one rule for you.....' card.

"However, it is unclear whether the new quarantine rules will apply to government ministers, as a government website states that people “undertaking essential policing or essential government work outside of the UK” will not necessarily have to self-isolate."

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 22:32 - Jul 25 with 4675 viewsbluelagos

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 22:28 - Jul 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

But he gets to play the 'one rule for you.....' card.

"However, it is unclear whether the new quarantine rules will apply to government ministers, as a government website states that people “undertaking essential policing or essential government work outside of the UK” will not necessarily have to self-isolate."

Aint that a surprise...

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 22:45 - Jul 25 with 4627 viewsFreddies_Ears

Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 20:21 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

I'm on my way back from Mallorca. Left the island - which has very few cases and is able to identify them all via a successful track-and-trace - yesterday by ferry. Am currently in France. Due back in UK on Monday.

If I have to quarantine, it isn't a big deal, but I do feel that self-isolating in a remote house in a barely-affected island, just doing a weekly shop (wearing a mask etc) is probably less risky than if I'd taken a daytrip to Leicester.
Anyone off to (Or in Spain?) on 23:35 - Jul 25 with 4548 viewsBarcaBlue

The cynic in me would say this is more about boosting the UK tourist industry (and possibly propaganda purposes) than anything else. There have been outbreaks but with the exception of Barcelona most appear to be away from tourist routes and quite localised.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024