Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Etiquette for buying drinks in public houses. 20:30 - Jul 25 with 982 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

This afternoon, Mrs Pinewood, her son, his partner and i found a lovely pub while on a nice ramble with the dog. There was a rather splendid outside seating area, so we sat at a bench, admiring the superb Suffolk scenery, and got into a conversation with a small group of elderly gentlemen at the socially distanced next table. Anyhow, one of the gentlemen in question was Brian Wilson of Beach Boys fame, so, being the kind, generous soul that i am offered to buy them all a round of drinks. He seemed a little surprised and replied, "Round. Round, Get a round? I,ll get a round". We took him up on his kind offer, then he and his group left. God only knows if i should have insisted he let me reciprocate, but wouldn't it be nice if pub visits were always this eventful.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Etiquette for buying drinks in public houses. on 20:36 - Jul 25 with 927 viewseireblue

I celebrate the news of you finding a pub with good vibrations, hopefully you will get to do it again all summer long.
Etiquette for buying drinks in public houses. on 20:37 - Jul 25 with 926 viewsjeera

A little while ago I was chatting to a couple outside a popular hotel and as they went to replenish their drinks they offered me one too.

As not working atm I politely turned down the offer because I'm not comfortable with taking if I can't reciprocate myself and pretty much said as much; i.e. very kind but I'm in no position to start getting involved in rounds.

Well that was that and they insisted on buying the next couple anyway on the grounds that was good enough for them.

Kind of them wasn't it?

I didn't let them go without me getting at least a round in return but thought it was nice of them anyway.

Turns out they own a rather large and lucrative potato farm involving quite a chunk of Norfolk.

Point stands anyway, as you say yourself. You like to get one back regardless, if you can.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Etiquette for buying drinks in public houses. on 20:38 - Jul 25 with 908 viewsOldsmoker

I saw this beautiful ting at the bar.
I said "Hi honey"
She said "That's not my name".

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Etiquette for buying drinks in public houses. on 21:53 - Jul 25 with 761 viewsdickie

Well you've got to Smile
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024