Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wage cap 00:05 - Jul 26 with 1275 viewsChocorange

If I am reading this correctly , any players who sign s contract before August 4th are exempt from any wage cap calculation that comes in as they count as an u der 21.

So therefore should we be buying or at least signing players before that date?
Wage cap on 11:13 - Jul 26 with 1139 viewsWickets

I thought it had been shelved for this season ?
Wage cap on 11:51 - Jul 26 with 1102 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Wage cap on 11:13 - Jul 26 by Wickets

I thought it had been shelved for this season ?

Think the vote has been delayed to August 6. I doubt know whether in practice that means it won’t come in this season.

Poll: Our final position

Wage cap on 11:58 - Jul 26 with 1096 viewsWickets

Wage cap on 11:51 - Jul 26 by southnorfolkblue

Think the vote has been delayed to August 6. I doubt know whether in practice that means it won’t come in this season.

Yes i got it a little wrong but i think the suggestion is that it is going to be pretty irrelevant for this and maybe next season but thats just my take on it .
Wage cap on 12:41 - Jul 26 with 1057 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Wage cap on 11:58 - Jul 26 by Wickets

Yes i got it a little wrong but i think the suggestion is that it is going to be pretty irrelevant for this and maybe next season but thats just my take on it .

Hope you’re right. It would be a disaster for us.

Poll: Our final position

Wage cap on 12:51 - Jul 26 with 1039 viewsChocorange

Wage cap on 11:58 - Jul 26 by Wickets

Yes irrelevant for this season , as most players have contracts that will exclude them from the calculations for this season and beyond.

My thought was that if we signed players before the deadline .... experienced players like
Garbutt on a 3 year contract or a commanding centre half ( that we need) that will cost more than the salary cap will allow to be paid , and In that instance then those players would not count against salary cap rules this season or any other until their contract was renegotiated.

So as we are unlikely to pay fees , have we got targets that are likely to sign soon ?

We should have , as it will give us an advantage if a cap comes in, and as it’s now about 6 weeks to the new season, so we would probably usually look to sign in 3-4 weeks in a normal close season.... so for the sake of 2 weeks pay , we should make those signings now.
Wage cap on 09:49 - Jul 27 with 909 viewsWickets

Wage cap on 12:51 - Jul 26 by Chocorange

Yes irrelevant for this season , as most players have contracts that will exclude them from the calculations for this season and beyond.

My thought was that if we signed players before the deadline .... experienced players like
Garbutt on a 3 year contract or a commanding centre half ( that we need) that will cost more than the salary cap will allow to be paid , and In that instance then those players would not count against salary cap rules this season or any other until their contract was renegotiated.

So as we are unlikely to pay fees , have we got targets that are likely to sign soon ?

We should have , as it will give us an advantage if a cap comes in, and as it’s now about 6 weeks to the new season, so we would probably usually look to sign in 3-4 weeks in a normal close season.... so for the sake of 2 weeks pay , we should make those signings now.

Yes now i have read through Phils article that makes sense .All a little bit clearer well untill the vote anyway !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024