Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Injury “luck” - a post of hope and concerns. 11:02 - Jul 26 with 1388 viewsJoHnNnY

Hi all, I just wanted to put this in here for any debate if you feel you want to.

There’s no doubt about it, we have had our fair share of bad luck when it comes to players being unavailable through injury over recent seasons of decline.

While I’m posting with hope that we have a relatively clear year of bad knocks and twists etc.
We do seem to wrap our players in cotton wool, and you often hear PL say “he’s carrying a knock/niggle, so we might not risk him” etc.

Given the recent squad rotation, is the irregularity of not playing week in week out making them soft and susceptible?

Is it that the injury room is “too comfortable” ?, I recall other managers in clubs saying they were gonna pull the PlayStations and “sofas” from these places as they were a cushy place to be.

Is it a case of if players don’t relocate and spend 3 hours cramped up in cars on a commute to training and games not the best conditions to precede active body stress? - this point I fuse with McGoldrick, is it a case now his commute is short, his injury’s have “disappeared”. Maybe should be a caveat in the signing - being local?
I can flip this with Kieron Dyer, apart from the leg break, I don’t recall him being out much with us - but when he went to Newcastle, I’m sure his injuries did pick up - he was back in Ipswich regularly.

Are we training too much? I’m with Mick Mills on this, you don’t postpone games cause you’re missing one or two (not so key players away on international duty and are fringe players) with regarding cup fixtures if they’re tired roll back training intensity, don’t play 100% reserves, keep continuity.

Surely if we see the same trend next season a serious enquiry needs to be held on the team in charge of body conditioning etc. It’s just odd.

The claims of “thats football” and dismissed too easily as bad luck for me,

Well for me, it’s not “that’s football”.... it’s “thats Ipswich”..... it shouldn’t and needn’t be.

Anyhow.. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Thanks for reading.

[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 11:03]

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Our Injury “luck” - a post of hope and concerns. on 13:01 - Jul 26 with 1276 viewsChocorange

Some interesting thoughts , is it the fitness regime and coaches or last season , was it the desire of PL to rotate so often.

I would also ask , is it that we sign players that are injury prone, and have a record of injuries? For example Much as I like Huws ( and thought he and Downes were the best midfield pairing I saw us play last season ) , he had injuries before he came to us ...

What we need are players that are good and regularly available , not good and miss as many (or more) games as they play.
Am sure it was the same with Adeyemi, and Edwards, Garbutt is another , the 28 games he played for us is the most he has played in a season.
Our Injury “luck” - a post of hope and concerns. on 13:09 - Jul 26 with 1250 viewsFacefacts

We have key players who need to stay fit. Downes, Woolfenden, Vincent-Young, Holy, Sears.

Also Edwards and Kenlock - until a younger left back can come in from the younger group.

And i'd say Chambo as well although I think he should be retired or sold by now. Just to give some leadership.

With all those fit for the season we should go up regardless of who the manager is.

Players have to play in a way that protects themselves. How they go into challenges. How they train. How they challenge opponents. How they see tackles from opponents coming and how to avoid injury. They cannot avoid all challenges but do it the best way they can. Take responsibility to have old head on young shoulders and be streetwise.
Our Injury “luck” - a post of hope and concerns. on 13:29 - Jul 26 with 1204 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Our Injury “luck” - a post of hope and concerns. on 13:09 - Jul 26 by Facefacts

We have key players who need to stay fit. Downes, Woolfenden, Vincent-Young, Holy, Sears.

Also Edwards and Kenlock - until a younger left back can come in from the younger group.

And i'd say Chambo as well although I think he should be retired or sold by now. Just to give some leadership.

With all those fit for the season we should go up regardless of who the manager is.

Players have to play in a way that protects themselves. How they go into challenges. How they train. How they challenge opponents. How they see tackles from opponents coming and how to avoid injury. They cannot avoid all challenges but do it the best way they can. Take responsibility to have old head on young shoulders and be streetwise.

I wouldn’t say Sears is a key player who needs to stay fit. Lankester / Bishop / Woolfenden / Downes / Norwood / KVY / Chambers for me.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Our Injury “luck” - a post of hope and concerns. on 15:05 - Jul 26 with 1134 viewsJoHnNnY

Our Injury “luck” - a post of hope and concerns. on 13:01 - Jul 26 by Chocorange

Some interesting thoughts , is it the fitness regime and coaches or last season , was it the desire of PL to rotate so often.

I would also ask , is it that we sign players that are injury prone, and have a record of injuries? For example Much as I like Huws ( and thought he and Downes were the best midfield pairing I saw us play last season ) , he had injuries before he came to us ...

What we need are players that are good and regularly available , not good and miss as many (or more) games as they play.
Am sure it was the same with Adeyemi, and Edwards, Garbutt is another , the 28 games he played for us is the most he has played in a season.

Also good points.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Our Injury “luck” - a post of hope and concerns. on 19:05 - Jul 26 with 1049 viewsBlueBadger

If anything, in recent times it's been due to players coming back before they're truly ready - McGoldrick and Teddy Bishop, will be fit in a month, spring to mind.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our Injury “luck” - a post of hope and concerns. on 22:48 - Jul 26 with 958 viewsGarv

Our Injury “luck” - a post of hope and concerns. on 13:29 - Jul 26 by TheTrueBlue1878

I wouldn’t say Sears is a key player who needs to stay fit. Lankester / Bishop / Woolfenden / Downes / Norwood / KVY / Chambers for me.

He could prove to be. He was key to us attempting to stay in the Championship and as a useful wide left option (we lack good wingers) I think he'll see a lot of game time.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024