Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Joy Division track? 17:13 - Jul 26 with 2084 viewsdominiciawful

Those who like Joy Division, which songs are your favourites?

Very difficult for me to pick one, but I feel I should post at least one of them:

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Favourite Joy Division track? on 17:17 - Jul 26 with 2066 viewsDebsyAngel

One of my favourite ever bands, got all their albums. It is very hard to pick an outright favourite, but love Warsaw, Dead Souls, Decades (which I have for my funeral song)... amongst tons of others. A genius band.
Favourite Joy Division track? on 17:22 - Jul 26 with 2054 viewsgainsboroughblue

Changes each day. On balance, probably 'Twenty Four Hours'. Of their earlier ones, 'Leaders of Men'.

Best live footage, 'She's lost Control' on Something Else. Memorable for the mods who were there to see the Jam, watching in bewilderment.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Favourite Joy Division track? on 17:27 - Jul 26 with 2046 viewsBarcaBlue

Was discussing this over the weekend with some mates back home

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/jul/17/joy-division-all-of-their-songs-

Consensus was the one you're currently listening to. Possibly Decades or Dead Souls if I was pushed, from the singles maybe Atmosphere, but then again Transmission is a real stormer.
Favourite Joy Division track? on 17:36 - Jul 26 with 2031 viewsvapour_trail

Favourite Joy Division track? on 17:22 - Jul 26 by gainsboroughblue

Changes each day. On balance, probably 'Twenty Four Hours'. Of their earlier ones, 'Leaders of Men'.

Best live footage, 'She's lost Control' on Something Else. Memorable for the mods who were there to see the Jam, watching in bewilderment.

I love Leaders of men as well.

An unparalleled band.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Favourite Joy Division track? on 17:45 - Jul 26 with 2017 viewsDebsyAngel

Favourite Joy Division track? on 17:22 - Jul 26 by gainsboroughblue

Yes, Leaders of Men is up there for me as well - chosen that the other day for my "All Time Top 50" on a mate's MIXLR show!
Favourite Joy Division track? on 18:11 - Jul 26 with 1968 viewsbrogansnose

I'm going to say this if only for it being one of the greatest recorded live performances on TV ever. I don't think that they recorded anything that doesn't have a place in my life. I loved all their songs in my youth and still do.

Favourite Joy Division track? on 18:18 - Jul 26 with 1939 viewsgainsboroughblue

Favourite Joy Division track? on 18:11 - Jul 26 by brogansnose

I'm going to say this if only for it being one of the greatest recorded live performances on TV ever. I don't think that they recorded anything that doesn't have a place in my life. I loved all their songs in my youth and still do.

That performance was just epic. You could just tell Curtis lived and meant every moment of it. Such a simple track, done brilliantly.

Favourite Joy Division track? on 18:19 - Jul 26 with 1940 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Even if purely based on sentiment as it was played at my Dad's funeral as I stood alone with his coffin.....he only wanted immediate family there with a memorial day a few weeks later...it has to be this...

Edit. My mother who did not want to go had 'Wake up, make love to me' by Ian Dury played in her absence but that's another story!
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 18:21]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite Joy Division track? on 18:20 - Jul 26 with 1935 viewsgainsboroughblue

Favourite Joy Division track? on 18:19 - Jul 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Even if purely based on sentiment as it was played at my Dad's funeral as I stood alone with his coffin.....he only wanted immediate family there with a memorial day a few weeks later...it has to be this...

Edit. My mother who did not want to go had 'Wake up, make love to me' by Ian Dury played in her absence but that's another story!

I want this played at mine.

Favourite Joy Division track? on 18:30 - Jul 26 with 1913 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Favourite Joy Division track? on 18:20 - Jul 26 by gainsboroughblue

I want this played at mine.

It is a chuffin' beautiful song....maybe a few of us should carry a huge photo of your avatar as you head to the pearly gates.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Favourite Joy Division track? on 19:54 - Jul 26 with 1855 viewsSharkey

I love a party with a happy 'Atmosphere'.
Favourite Joy Division track? on 21:32 - Jul 26 with 1792 viewsitfcpaul

Has to be one of a few sorry. Love Will Tear Us Apart. obvious choice but was played at our wedding as an odd and pass take to those that doubted we would get married never mind got through 4 years (next week) with dealing with me wife's mental health problems but here we are!!

Atmosphere is a monumental song for many reasons but so atmospheric. Like many a great funeral song

Third has to be She's Lost Control. Ian Curtis at his best.

Was extremely lucky to see them live with Magazine and Buzzcocks at Sheffield Top Rank Suite. Very lucky!!
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 22:14]

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Favourite Joy Division track? on 21:40 - Jul 26 with 1781 viewsPendejo

Chance (atmosphere) recorded at the Pennine Sound Studios Oldham, 04.06.79

Ceremony

She's Lost Control

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Favourite Joy Division track? on 21:54 - Jul 26 with 1762 viewsFootballpete

New Dawn Fades is my all time favourite. Great band

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Favourite Joy Division track? on 22:50 - Jul 26 with 1717 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Decades
Isolation
A Means To An End.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Favourite Joy Division track? on 22:52 - Jul 26 with 1714 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Favourite Joy Division track? on 21:32 - Jul 26 by itfcpaul

Has to be one of a few sorry. Love Will Tear Us Apart. obvious choice but was played at our wedding as an odd and pass take to those that doubted we would get married never mind got through 4 years (next week) with dealing with me wife's mental health problems but here we are!!

Atmosphere is a monumental song for many reasons but so atmospheric. Like many a great funeral song

Third has to be She's Lost Control. Ian Curtis at his best.

Was extremely lucky to see them live with Magazine and Buzzcocks at Sheffield Top Rank Suite. Very lucky!!
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 22:14]

I hate 'Love WIll Tear Us Apart'.

Day of the Lords is a great track.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Favourite Joy Division track? on 23:06 - Jul 26 with 1695 viewsMelford

If you haven't already Unknown Pleasures by Hooky, Touching From A Distance by Deborah Curtis, From Joy Division To New Order by Mick Middles and Chapter And Verse by Barney and Tony Wilson's 24 Hour Party People are good books to check out. I've got this beauty too

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Favourite Joy Division track? on 23:14 - Jul 26 with 1685 viewsMercian

Favourite Joy Division track? on 18:19 - Jul 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

This one.
Favourite Joy Division track? on 01:34 - Jul 27 with 1622 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Favourite Joy Division track? on 09:34 - Jul 27 with 1529 viewsArgyle_blue

Probably not a popular choice but dead souls is my favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024