Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 17:27 - Jul 26 with 6756 viewsmonytowbray

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:34 - Jul 26 with 4162 viewsSpruceMoose

No we can only call it fascism when it's too late to stop it. Can't use the F word until then apparently.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:37 - Jul 26 with 4155 viewsOldsmoker

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:34 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

No we can only call it fascism when it's too late to stop it. Can't use the F word until then apparently.

his guy thinks so

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:40 - Jul 26 with 4142 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:37 - Jul 26 by Oldsmoker

his guy thinks so

Look at it this way. Nobody shows up to an orgy naked. You have to sort of just let the gradual nudity happen...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:41 - Jul 26 with 4140 viewssparks

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:37 - Jul 26 by Oldsmoker

his guy thinks so

i cant watch him without thinking of his debate with Richard Dawkins in which he said that he believed that Mohammed actually went up to heaven on a flying horse. in real life...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:43 - Jul 26 with 4120 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:41 - Jul 26 by sparks

i cant watch him without thinking of his debate with Richard Dawkins in which he said that he believed that Mohammed actually went up to heaven on a flying horse. in real life...

Yeah well... That's just your standard religious nonsense. Doesn't mean he can't be correct on other matters.

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:45 - Jul 26 with 4113 viewsmonytowbray

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:34 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

But you have to then follow it up with “How did this happen? Why didn’t anyone warn us?”

TWTD never forgets…

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:49 - Jul 26 with 4097 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:45 - Jul 26 by monytowbray

But you have to then follow it up with “How did this happen? Why didn’t anyone warn us?”

We didn't think he was serious and never thought he would hurt us, just those other people!

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:49 - Jul 26 with 4100 viewssparks

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:43 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

Yeah well... That's just your standard religious nonsense. Doesn't mean he can't be correct on other matters.

Quite right.

It just always amuses me.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Login to get fewer ads

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:51 - Jul 26 with 4091 viewsSwansea_Blue

If not, it’s pretty damn close. What would be lacking for it not to be fascism? Large scale nationalisation of their resources maybe? Other than that they tick most of the boxes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:52 - Jul 26 with 4082 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:49 - Jul 26 by sparks

Quite right.

The news is always bizarre to watch over here. The existence of God isn't a question, it's a fact.

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:54 - Jul 26 with 4076 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:41 - Jul 26 by sparks

Heaven = space

Flying horse = space ship

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:00 - Jul 26 with 4047 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:51 - Jul 26 by Swansea_Blue

If not, it’s pretty damn close. What would be lacking for it not to be fascism? Large scale nationalisation of their resources maybe? Other than that they tick most of the boxes.

People will point to the fact that you are still free to criticise the government, as if they get points for that. It also completely ignores the fact that if they could get away with with stopping your right to criticise them overnight they would. Instead, thet'll have to take small steps towards getting there.

Like attempting to imprison Michael Cohen for writing a book, or forcing Generals out of the Army for telling the truth about what Trump has done.

Someone look up Eco's fourteen definitions of Facism and I'll provide an example for how each condition has already been met.

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:01 - Jul 26 with 4042 viewssparks

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:00 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

People will point to the fact that you are still free to criticise the government, as if they get points for that. It also completely ignores the fact that if they could get away with with stopping your right to criticise them overnight they would. Instead, thet'll have to take small steps towards getting there.

Like attempting to imprison Michael Cohen for writing a book, or forcing Generals out of the Army for telling the truth about what Trump has done.

Someone look up Eco's fourteen definitions of Facism and I'll provide an example for how each condition has already been met.

Sort of free- you cant do it by protesting. And you cant always do it by writing a book- because they try to block it.

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:40 - Jul 26 with 3970 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:49 - Jul 26 by sparks

Quite right.

Here the hot take from the religious quarter anyway.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/rick-wiles-hollow-point-bullets-portland-protests

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:50 - Jul 26 with 3932 viewsBluefish

I'm sure the answer to that remains whether it meets your political views. I.e. is it a friend of corbz?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:51 - Jul 26 with 3937 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:50 - Jul 26 by Bluefish

I'm sure the answer to that remains whether it meets your political views. I.e. is it a friend of corbz?

Another thing you're wrong about then!

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:55 - Jul 26 with 3918 viewsBluefish

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:51 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

Possibly but unlikely

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:58 - Jul 26 with 3908 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:55 - Jul 26 by Bluefish

Possibly but unlikely

Legend!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:58 - Jul 26 with 3910 viewsSpruceMoose

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:55 - Jul 26 by Bluefish

Possibly but unlikely

Hmmm. I'm sure we all have a view on that.

Mine is that you're in here fishing because you're getting no nibbles on your Mick post, you naughty scamp!
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 19:00]

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 19:01 - Jul 26 with 3897 viewshampstead_blue

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 17:52 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

The news is always bizarre to watch over here. The existence of God isn't a question, it's a fact.

That's a large chunk of the problem.

God will provide.
Let us pray for (insert stuff).

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 19:08 - Jul 26 with 3881 viewsOldsmoker

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:40 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

Here the hot take from the religious quarter anyway.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/rick-wiles-hollow-point-bullets-portland-protests

The UK has its fair share of nutters too.
I could probably name 20 at a push eg Hopkins,Yaxley-Lennon,Icke
but the USA Yikes - there's thousands.

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 19:14 - Jul 26 with 3859 viewsfooters

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 19:08 - Jul 26 by Oldsmoker

The UK has its fair share of nutters too.
I could probably name 20 at a push eg Hopkins,Yaxley-Lennon,Icke
but the USA Yikes - there's thousands.

We have a slightly better quality of nutter, Smoker. But that's about it. We're looking at the thin end of a pretty nasty wedge but some seem very happy to kick back and accept it.

They were warned about Farage, Hopkins, Brexit, Trump et al many times over, but apparently it's our fault for letting it happen.

Mea culpa.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 19:24 - Jul 26 with 3824 viewsOldsmoker

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 19:14 - Jul 26 by footers

We have a slightly better quality of nutter, Smoker. But that's about it. We're looking at the thin end of a pretty nasty wedge but some seem very happy to kick back and accept it.

They were warned about Farage, Hopkins, Brexit, Trump et al many times over, but apparently it's our fault for letting it happen.

Mea culpa.

I like to think that us Brits aren't so gullible as the yanks but I could be wrong.
I remember a TV evangelical who got caught with his trousers down and he asked his audience for their forgiveness, their prayers and their money. They gave him all 3.

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 20:52 - Jul 26 with 3701 viewsmonytowbray

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 19:24 - Jul 26 by Oldsmoker

I like to think that us Brits aren't so gullible as the yanks but I could be wrong.
I remember a TV evangelical who got caught with his trousers down and he asked his audience for their forgiveness, their prayers and their money. They gave him all 3.

Whitehall got it quite right on his new Netflix special. Something along the lines of “The UK has stupid people, but when the US does stupid it does STUPID.”

TWTD never forgets…

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 20:53 - Jul 26 with 3700 viewsmonytowbray

Can we call it fascism yet, pt. 283 on 18:51 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

I’m actually amazed there are people who don’t have Fish on their div list.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024