Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... 21:07 - Jul 26 with 1506 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket...

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

The 'best' can be interpreted as you see fit.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 21:09]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 20:46 - Jul 27 with 1336 viewsKropotkin123

I'm not a cricket fan. I like the Twenty 20 stuff. One-day seems like a worse version of Twenty 20.

I think 5 day is okay... But I don't like the limitations. I feel like they should play until everyone is all out. No limits in terms of overs or days

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 20:54 - Jul 27 with 1328 viewsAce_High1

Is and always will be Test Cricket.

I do enjoy T20 though a lot and it is good for an entertaining few hours.
Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 20:57 - Jul 27 with 1324 viewsCoastalblue

While risking sounding condescending, I think if you 'get' cricket and understand the nuances then there's nothing even remotely close to Test Cricket.

The others can be good and entertaining, but in a fast food kind of way.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 21:24 - Jul 27 with 1303 viewsgainsboroughblue

1. Tests
2. Tests
3. Tests

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 21:52 - Jul 27 with 1282 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 20:46 - Jul 27 by Kropotkin123

I'm not a cricket fan. I like the Twenty 20 stuff. One-day seems like a worse version of Twenty 20.

I think 5 day is okay... But I don't like the limitations. I feel like they should play until everyone is all out. No limits in terms of overs or days

This was tried a number of times, most recently in the 1938-39 five match series between South Africa and England. In the final match of the series, now known as the 'Timeless Test', England needed to score 696 in the fourth innings to win the game. On the ninth day of play they reached 654-5 when the game was abandoned as a draw because the English team had to board the ship bringing them home. Play in these games was, by many accounts, pretty turgid.

5th Test at Durban, 3—14 March 1939

SA, 1st innings: 530 (202.6 overs)

Eng, 1st innings: 316 (117.6 overs)

SA, 2nd innings: 481 (142.1 overs)

Eng, 2nd innings 654/5 (218.2 overs)

Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 22:08 - Jul 27 with 1258 viewsCoastalblue

Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 21:52 - Jul 27 by Tangledupin_Blue

This was tried a number of times, most recently in the 1938-39 five match series between South Africa and England. In the final match of the series, now known as the 'Timeless Test', England needed to score 696 in the fourth innings to win the game. On the ninth day of play they reached 654-5 when the game was abandoned as a draw because the English team had to board the ship bringing them home. Play in these games was, by many accounts, pretty turgid.

5th Test at Durban, 3—14 March 1939

SA, 1st innings: 530 (202.6 overs)

Eng, 1st innings: 316 (117.6 overs)

SA, 2nd innings: 481 (142.1 overs)

Eng, 2nd innings 654/5 (218.2 overs)

and to add to that, how many tets without weather interruptions actually last 5 days now? It does seem to be a bit more common in the last few years, but the majority still seem to be over in 4 days or less.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 07:33 - Jul 28 with 1152 viewsIPS_wich

Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 20:46 - Jul 27 by Kropotkin123

50 over cricket is at risk of being made obsolete by 20/20. A couple of years ago that would have concerned me, but now I've accepted that 20/20 is the most obvious and most entertaining short form of the game.

As much as I enjoyed England winning the T20 world cup last year, it doesn't come close to the experience of winning the Ashes - I'd put the 2005 Ashes victory as the only sporting experience that even comes close to winning the Wembley play-off in 2000.
Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 08:52 - Jul 28 with 1109 viewsElephantintheRoom

If you ask anyone who knows anything about cricket. there is (or was) only one form of cricket still operating in the 21st century...test cricket... through that has declined to such an extent that most countries dont bother with it and even the England + South Africa + Kiwi + anyone who wants to join in for some extra dosh v Australia ie the ashes has declined into something that is rarely played as a test match with no time allowed for teams to acclimatise..

The other 'formats' are variations on rounders thrown into the mix for those who dont undestand cricket - designed to make a gloable game appeal to a wider audience - but which ultimately have already destroyed a game that worked for over a century. The big mistake, particularly with 20:20 is callin git cricket. It just isn't.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 10:17 - Jul 28 with 1069 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Which, in your opinion, is the best form of international cricket... on 07:33 - Jul 28 by IPS_wich

50 over cricket is at risk of being made obsolete by 20/20. A couple of years ago that would have concerned me, but now I've accepted that 20/20 is the most obvious and most entertaining short form of the game.

As much as I enjoyed England winning the T20 world cup last year, it doesn't come close to the experience of winning the Ashes - I'd put the 2005 Ashes victory as the only sporting experience that even comes close to winning the Wembley play-off in 2000.

Last year's world cup was 50-over ODIs, not T20.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024