Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When did Italian football get so rubbish? 16:59 - Jul 27 with 5463 viewsIllinoisblue

9 in a row for Juve. That’s Scottish levels of tinpottery.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 17:09 - Jul 27 with 5424 viewsBlueBadger

Surely this makes Serie A this season The Best Ever League EVER, if we're going by the yellow and green classification?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 17:18 - Jul 27 with 5393 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Didn't it drop off a cliff a decade or so ago with the corruption scandal?

...Think Juve got relegated as a punishment didn't they?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 17:27 - Jul 27 with 5360 viewsfooters

When C4 stopped doing Football Italia the whole thing went to pot.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 17:55 - Jul 27 with 5297 viewsIllinoisblue

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 17:27 - Jul 27 by footers

When C4 stopped doing Football Italia the whole thing went to pot.

C4 golden years. Kabbadi on Saturdays and goooolazoooooo on Sunday afternoons.

62 - 78 - 81

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 17:57 - Jul 27 with 5292 viewsTommyparker

You're on the wrong board mate.
When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 18:12 - Jul 27 with 5245 viewsIllinoisblue

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 17:57 - Jul 27 by Tommyparker

Ooh, too-shay Tommy. Did you read the replies to your weird Leeds post?

62 - 78 - 81

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 18:17 - Jul 27 with 5230 viewsShawsey

Big financial problems for clubs. Mainly loans and youth teams. Juve are the exception to the norm. I think it will continue for a while yet.
When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 18:32 - Jul 27 with 5186 viewsDubtractor

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 17:57 - Jul 27 by Tommyparker

Tommy, my man, the trick is to invite discussion or perhaps have a bit of fun, rather just just post some random stats about a league we no longer care about.

I mean, I understand you are a man that loves a good stat, but add a bit of a human touch and you'll do fine.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 19:34 - Jul 27 with 5104 viewsTommyparker

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 18:12 - Jul 27 by Illinoisblue

I'm not only one who posts boring op on this board 😂
Shall we talk about the Bundesliga next 😂
Bayern Munich have won the title 8 times in a row.
When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 19:39 - Jul 27 with 5091 viewsTommyparker

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 18:12 - Jul 27 by Illinoisblue

By the way my name isn't Tommy.
The reason I have Town legend Tommy Parker as my username, my dad worked for Ipswich Town from 1975-1984 & Tommy Parker was my Dad's boss.
When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 19:45 - Jul 27 with 5071 viewsAce_High1

The big clubs have a really strange and often poor transfer strategy.

There is not a lot of money in Italian football and the likes of Inter, AC Milan, Roma, Lazio have all failed to have a proper strategy over the last decade - often having poor managerial appointments which barely last a season, buying very poor players and wasting lots of money on older players who are on the way down.

That is why Juventus have been able to pull clear and dominate.
When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 20:07 - Jul 27 with 5028 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

My second team is Atalanta, so I frequently watch the Serie A, and overall it has become a poorer quality league. There is still some talented players sprinkled around, but the likes of Lazio, Roma, Napoli, Inter and AC Milan have all fallen short of Juventus.

It has shown more this year though, when a team like Atalanta have competed right at the top end, as sensational as they have been, teams like Atalanta never used to lace the boots of teams like Inter/ AC Milan, now they are genuinely competing alongside them.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 20:33 - Jul 27 with 4979 viewsIllinoisblue

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 19:34 - Jul 27 by Tommyparker

I'm not only one who posts boring op on this board 😂
Shall we talk about the Bundesliga next 😂
Bayern Munich have won the title 8 times in a row.

Go for it, start that Bundesliga post.

62 - 78 - 81

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 20:34 - Jul 27 with 4978 viewsIllinoisblue

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 19:39 - Jul 27 by Tommyparker

By the way my name isn't Tommy.
The reason I have Town legend Tommy Parker as my username, my dad worked for Ipswich Town from 1975-1984 & Tommy Parker was my Dad's boss.

I hate to break this to you, but my name’s not Illinois

62 - 78 - 81

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 21:47 - Jul 27 with 4913 viewsgainsboroughblue

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 20:34 - Jul 27 by Illinoisblue

I hate to break this to you, but my name’s not Illinois

WTF? Has my entire time on this board been one big lie?

Yours totally bewildered.

Mr G.Blue

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 21:53 - Jul 27 with 4896 viewsITFCson

Watching Atalanta over the last 2-3 years has been far from boring. Should be great games in the CL vs PSG
When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 08:45 - Jul 28 with 4728 viewsElephantintheRoom

When their players decamped to other leagues to earn more money

And when Berlasconi was stopped doing things which are not generally allowed in other countries.

The Prem is not that different really. If one team is allowed to buy any and everyone it wants to, then it will tend to win everything.... though for some reason Man City let Liverpool escape this season.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 09:01 - Jul 28 with 4699 viewsJakeITFC

Evergreen Champions League revenues protected for the top clubs, FFP lifting the drawbridge on the already select few and the ability to poach the best players from the rest of their league/Europe.

Add in some creative accounting around free transfers and swap deals, and you'll see why all of the major leagues are becoming very close to closed shops at the top.
When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 11:39 - Jul 28 with 4637 viewsitfcjoe

When did Italian football get so rubbish? on 09:01 - Jul 28 by JakeITFC

Evergreen Champions League revenues protected for the top clubs, FFP lifting the drawbridge on the already select few and the ability to poach the best players from the rest of their league/Europe.

Add in some creative accounting around free transfers and swap deals, and you'll see why all of the major leagues are becoming very close to closed shops at the top.

We are genuinely quite lucky in this league that whilst it's a closed shop (Leicester triumph excepted) that it is closed between 4-6 clubs.

Every clubs first ambition is ensuring they make the CL every season here - for Bayern, Juve, Barca, Madrid, PSg it isn't even a consideration that they won't

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024