Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this one of those fascist things? 20:42 - Jul 27 with 960 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/27/fossil-fuels-oil-gas-industry-po

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Is this one of those fascist things? on 20:53 - Jul 27 with 929 viewsKropotkin123

No, that is the opposite economic model of fascism. This is clientelism. The money, power and payback is transitioning from the corporation to the state institution.

Within fascism the money, power and direction is ordered from the state to the corporation that had to carry out the will of the state. For example how Volkswagen developed in Nazi Germany or how they built the autobahns in Nazi Germany.

EDIT: In the UK you can see clientelism in the form of the cash for honours scandal or more recently, the construction contracts given to donors to the Conservative party.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 20:56]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Is this one of those fascist things? on 21:28 - Jul 27 with 877 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is this one of those fascist things? on 20:53 - Jul 27 by Kropotkin123

No, that is the opposite economic model of fascism. This is clientelism. The money, power and payback is transitioning from the corporation to the state institution.

Within fascism the money, power and direction is ordered from the state to the corporation that had to carry out the will of the state. For example how Volkswagen developed in Nazi Germany or how they built the autobahns in Nazi Germany.

EDIT: In the UK you can see clientelism in the form of the cash for honours scandal or more recently, the construction contracts given to donors to the Conservative party.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 20:56]

Ok I just thought that when government serves the interests of corporations and corporations fund the institutions of state then it is hard to separate the two.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Is this one of those fascist things? on 21:45 - Jul 27 with 856 viewsmonytowbray

Is this one of those fascist things? on 21:28 - Jul 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ok I just thought that when government serves the interests of corporations and corporations fund the institutions of state then it is hard to separate the two.

The growing trend is it will never be fascism for some until it’s too late to go back, and then when it arrives in full form those same people will claim it came out of no where.

🤷‍♂️

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Is this one of those fascist things? on 08:31 - Jul 28 with 755 viewsKropotkin123

Is this one of those fascist things? on 21:45 - Jul 27 by monytowbray

The growing trend is it will never be fascism for some until it’s too late to go back, and then when it arrives in full form those same people will claim it came out of no where.

🤷‍♂️

Too late for what? Are you suggesting you are incapable of opposing a bad thing without incorrectly defining it?

I oppose authoritarianism. I oppose clientelism. I oppose racism.

I also highlight the same institutionalized issues in this country that are played out much more subtly, which people passively accept, whilst at the same time make a huge issue out of Trump, who they cannot influence from this side of the pond.

I don't need to label something incorrectly to oppose it.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Is this one of those fascist things? on 08:37 - Jul 28 with 747 viewsKropotkin123

Is this one of those fascist things? on 21:28 - Jul 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Corporatism is a cornerstone of fascism. “Everything in the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State.” - Mussolini. The state must be in control of the corporations within fascism. If they are not, they risk being disbanded, locked out of contracts, etc. Understanding the flow of power is key.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024