Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... 23:37 - Jul 27 with 3083 viewsJudgealdinho31

Both released from Fleetwood and both would improve us!
Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 00:31 - Jul 28 with 3014 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Conor McAleny absolutely not, scored 2 goals last year. Only ever scored 10 goals in his best season back in 16/17, other than that has only ever reached 5, and has gone seasons without even finding the net before. He’s 27 so no kid, no improvement at all on us.

Kyle Dempsey seems to be highly rated, was offered a 3 year deal in January to make him one of the highest earners at the club, then suffered a back injury, and only returned for the play-offs. With Covid Fleetwood retracted the offer and have allowed him to leave on a free, I’m sure he’ll improve a club, but given our CM options, I don’t think it will be us.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 00:51 - Jul 28 with 2997 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Fleetwood rejects to improve us ...... Fleetwood

Technically no reason to be fussed about as they have finished off above us , but still............Fleetwood rejects to improve Ipswich dear me ! How does it even sound?

What a time to be alive !
Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 01:15 - Jul 28 with 2970 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 00:51 - Jul 28 by Mach_foreignBlue

Technically no reason to be fussed about as they have finished off above us , but still............Fleetwood rejects to improve Ipswich dear me ! How does it even sound?

I think they do have some very good attacking options there at Fleetwood to be fair, and also you have to take your hat off to Joey Barton, he’s doing a sterling job at that football club.

I have to say I don’t tend to like these kind of posts almost belittling other clubs, we are where we are because it’s exactly where we deserve to be and belong right now.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 1:18]

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 05:26 - Jul 28 with 2893 viewsJudgealdinho31

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 00:31 - Jul 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Conor McAleny absolutely not, scored 2 goals last year. Only ever scored 10 goals in his best season back in 16/17, other than that has only ever reached 5, and has gone seasons without even finding the net before. He’s 27 so no kid, no improvement at all on us.

Kyle Dempsey seems to be highly rated, was offered a 3 year deal in January to make him one of the highest earners at the club, then suffered a back injury, and only returned for the play-offs. With Covid Fleetwood retracted the offer and have allowed him to leave on a free, I’m sure he’ll improve a club, but given our CM options, I don’t think it will be us.

It may be a harsh reality of where we are at but Fleetwood finished above us and played us off the park at PR - that’s where we are at...

With the exception of FD - there are serious questions about all of our midfielders so Dempsey would 100% improve us...

You say McAleny only scored 2 goals - he did suffer injury (something that we would have to assess!) and missed a fair bit of last season.. 2 goals is still equal or more than (from memory)...

Rowe
Sears
Edwards
Nolan
Huws
Downes
Dozzell
Bishop
Skuse

I think Judge maybe scored 3.

Whilst not saying 2 goals is great - we can’t be happy with our input from midfield and wide areas and whilst heavily stocked - I still think midfield needs some fresh faces!
Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 09:07 - Jul 28 with 2687 viewsLibero

What a depressing thread.
Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 09:56 - Jul 28 with 2611 viewsJudgealdinho31

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 09:07 - Jul 28 by Libero

What a depressing thread.

Where we are currently at is depressing - any thread regarding transfer targets is depressing because we’re a third tire club!

To think we were linked with Makelele 20 years ago!
Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 10:42 - Jul 28 with 2543 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 05:26 - Jul 28 by Judgealdinho31

It may be a harsh reality of where we are at but Fleetwood finished above us and played us off the park at PR - that’s where we are at...

With the exception of FD - there are serious questions about all of our midfielders so Dempsey would 100% improve us...

You say McAleny only scored 2 goals - he did suffer injury (something that we would have to assess!) and missed a fair bit of last season.. 2 goals is still equal or more than (from memory)...

Rowe
Sears
Edwards
Nolan
Huws
Downes
Dozzell
Bishop
Skuse

I think Judge maybe scored 3.

Whilst not saying 2 goals is great - we can’t be happy with our input from midfield and wide areas and whilst heavily stocked - I still think midfield needs some fresh faces!

McAleny is a striker though, you are comparing his goal return to midfielders there.

I understand the situation where we are, what are level is and who we are competing with etc. But looking at our squad, and I see a CM area that is flooded right now, if we needed a CM he would be a good option, but I don’t think we need one.

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 11:40 - Jul 28 with 2494 viewsJudgealdinho31

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 10:42 - Jul 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

McAleny is a striker though, you are comparing his goal return to midfielders there.

I understand the situation where we are, what are level is and who we are competing with etc. But looking at our squad, and I see a CM area that is flooded right now, if we needed a CM he would be a good option, but I don’t think we need one.

I always thought McAleny played off the left (hence why I compared to our midfield) - if I’m wrong then I retract what I said!

I just think that our CM failed in champ and has failed in L1 - time to freshen it up!
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 11:59 - Jul 28 with 2466 viewsBiGDonnie

Would take Dempsey all day long. If anything just to push Skuse further away from the starting 11 .

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 14:10 - Jul 28 with 2382 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 11:40 - Jul 28 by Judgealdinho31

I always thought McAleny played off the left (hence why I compared to our midfield) - if I’m wrong then I retract what I said!

I just think that our CM failed in champ and has failed in L1 - time to freshen it up!

Oh ok I understand, he’s a centre forward though. I do think we need a new left sided midfielder. Nathan Thomas released by Sheffield United would be my pick, very exciting winger.

I don’t think CM was horrendous last year, I think they struggle as much as anyone with the rotation of shape and personnel more than most because no partnerships were built as we are flooded for numbers there, other than Downes, no one really knew who would be playing in there. I think our best patch was when Downes and Huws partnered each other.

For me I’d like a a midfield 3 of Skuse deeper/sweeper role. Downes and one of Bishop or El Mizouni in front.

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 15:20 - Jul 28 with 2351 viewsGeoffSentence

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 00:51 - Jul 28 by Mach_foreignBlue

It was when we signed that slightly crap defender on loan from Preston that I felt how far we had fallen. This just adds to it.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 17:48 - Jul 28 with 2287 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 01:15 - Jul 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think they do have some very good attacking options there at Fleetwood to be fair, and also you have to take your hat off to Joey Barton, he’s doing a sterling job at that football club.

I have to say I don’t tend to like these kind of posts almost belittling other clubs, we are where we are because it’s exactly where we deserve to be and belong right now.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 1:18]

If anything I'm belittling us for having fallen so low under the 'saviour Evans'.

As you say we are where we are for merit and Evans' policy.

Wait 2-3 years and you'll be discussing Forest Green and Morecambe rejects as potential transfer targets for us.
Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 17:57 - Jul 28 with 2269 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 17:48 - Jul 28 by Mach_foreignBlue

If anything I'm belittling us for having fallen so low under the 'saviour Evans'.

As you say we are where we are for merit and Evans' policy.

Wait 2-3 years and you'll be discussing Forest Green and Morecambe rejects as potential transfer targets for us.

Possibly. I do think some people have this approach "we're Ipswich, we are a big club, we should be walking this league" mainly because of our history.

That's a load b*llocks, we are where we are because we deserve to be, and do wish some people will get their heads around that and realise we need to be good enough in League 1 to get out if, there is no givens in football, and we have to be good enough to get out of this league.

Kyle Dempsey and Conor McAleny... on 19:40 - Jul 28 with 2209 viewsbluewhite

Just looked it up... in 2001-02 (Town's last season in the Premier League), Fleetwood were in the Premier Division of the North West Counties League - the 9th tier of English football. Got to admit theirs is quite a success story.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024