Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood – not good, truth be told 09:35 - Jul 28 with 5815 viewsthebooks

Just wondered what you all thought about Norwood?

I think there's a school of thought that says he was injured a bit last season and that affected his form.

I just reckon he's not good enough even for this level. Lacks composure and a bit one dimensional. Also feel he can booked at any moment.

Love to be wrong, though.
Norwood — not good, truth be told on 09:39 - Jul 28 with 5293 viewsSteve_M

He still scored 11 goals in a side that doesn't create enough chances and that despite clear injury issues. His finishing one on one is erratic but I think he proved himself good enough for this division.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 09:40 - Jul 28 with 5277 viewsclive_baker

I thought he looked desperately unfit for the most part last season. I'm not sure if that's lifestyle or professionalism or injuries but he was miles off the pace. He knows where the net is though, I'm sure of that. 11 goals isn't the worst return given the amount he was out and evidently playing despite not being 100%. I think he could be a 20 goal a season man at this level but he has to want it and get himself into shape.

He's also got a style that we lack elsewhere IMO, I like the fact he plays on the edge and he plays with some personality. We don't have enough of that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 09:47 - Jul 28 with 5217 viewshomer_123

It's not a school of thought he was injured - he was injured and playing with an injury that hampered him - that's not in question.

He needs a fair few chances to score goals though to be fair - that said, he hustles and bustles which we need and I think if he can get on a run, will score 15+ this season.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 09:52 - Jul 28 with 5179 viewsPJH

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 09:39 - Jul 28 by Steve_M

He still scored 11 goals in a side that doesn't create enough chances and that despite clear injury issues. His finishing one on one is erratic but I think he proved himself good enough for this division.

I would say his finishing one on one is pretty much consistent because he fails to score almost every time-or at least he did in 2019/20.
Norwood — not good, truth be told on 10:01 - Jul 28 with 5136 viewsSitfcB

Was playing at 50% so Lambert(?) or Norwood himself said?

11 goals (1 every 174 mins)
3 assists.

Not a bad return considering he only played 28 games although yes he should’ve scored more but he can’t score one on ones haha.

[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 10:02]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 10:02 - Jul 28 with 5125 viewsitfcjoe

I think he is good enough for this level, just not sure he will cut it here long term and that it will work out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 10:06 - Jul 28 with 5089 viewsSomethingBlue

Decent striker for this division and has the sort of all-action style that would mean injuries make a big difference. I don't really doubt that and it's been good to have him here. Wouldn't hang your hat on him as the man to fire us into the Championship though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 10:15 - Jul 28 with 5032 viewsRobTheMonk

I think he'd be a better player if he wasn't trying to 'Joe Garner' his way through games.

He's a big enough lad that he can throw his weight around a bit rather than throwing himself on the floor.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 10:29 - Jul 28 with 4950 viewshaynes_toe1

I think he's a good League One striker. I don't think he's a TOP League One striker and I don't think he'd ever make the step up to Championship level but his workrate and a bit of physicality makes him a really useful player on top of the fact he'll likely grab you 15 goals a season in a good team.
Norwood — not good, truth be told on 11:13 - Jul 28 with 4809 viewsIpswichKnight

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 10:02 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

I think he is good enough for this level, just not sure he will cut it here long term and that it will work out

I agree with this, he is erratic and blows hot and cold, when hot he looks a good striker but can go weeks without looking likely to score only to suddenly blow hot again. I think there's 20 goals in him when fit but we might need someone who can trouble defences up front by them selves with some pace too and I say that as I remain convinced that Jackson should play in a 2 or even slightly wider I don't think he can play as the single point of contact up front.
Norwood — not good, truth be told on 11:28 - Jul 28 with 4756 viewshampstead_blue

He's one of those players who just flies under the top flight.

DMc is the same, as is Skuse.

Good enough but not quite got that edge. If they had it they sure as hell would he elsewhere.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 11:40 - Jul 28 with 4700 viewsMattinLondon

His finishing in one-on-one situations is absolutely woeful and he will miss a hell of a lot more chances than what he’ll score. Saying that, L1 defenders will always know that they’ve been in a game if they come up against him. And he’s definitely a hardworking better - probably an upgraded Frank Nouble.

He’s good enough to help a team make that promotion push if he has better players creating more him. But, he certainly isn’t good enough to power up a team by himself. At the risk, of getting away with myself, the championship will be a step too high for him.
Norwood — not good, truth be told on 11:41 - Jul 28 with 4700 viewsTractorWood

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 10:01 - Jul 28 by SitfcB

3 assists.

Not a bad return considering he only played 28 games although yes he should’ve scored more but he can’t score one on ones haha.

He just takes 4 decent chances to score. Can't remember what game it was last season but he must have missed 3 one on ones in the first half.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 11:42 - Jul 28 with 4694 viewsallezlesbleus

I personally think that if we stuck with a settled team, won a few games and got some confidence back, that a lot of our players would look 100% better than last season (not difficult for some of them, I admit).

Norwood does frustrate me, but I think with an injury free season and a bit of confidence, he would easily score 20+ goals in this league (especially if the service improved too).
Norwood — not good, truth be told on 11:45 - Jul 28 with 4678 viewsTommyparker

Norwood stats
Total played 28
Started 22
Minutes per game 69
Goals 11
Scoring frequency 174min
Goals per game 0.4
Shots per game 2.4
Big chances missed 15
Assists 2
Touches per game 30.2
Big chances created 4
Accurate passes per game 9.6
ACC own half per game 2.2
Acc opposition half per game 7.6
Acc long balls per game 0.5
Acc chipped passes 0.6
Acc crosses per game 0.2
Successful dribbles per game 0.6
Total duels won per game 6.4
Ground duels won per game 2.0
Areial duels won per game 4.4
Possession lost 11.6
Possession won (final third) 0.6
Fouls per game 2.5
Was fouled per game 1.0
Offsides per game 1
Yellow cards 6
Norwood — not good, truth be told on 11:55 - Jul 28 with 4632 viewsWallingford_Boy

He's bloody good value on insta!

Acts like an 18 year old who works in Aldi, but he's a good laugh!!

RIP Sir Bobby

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 11:57 - Jul 28 with 4621 viewsJ2BLUE

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 11:45 - Jul 28 by Tommyparker

Norwood stats
Total played 28
Started 22
Minutes per game 69
Goals 11
Scoring frequency 174min
Goals per game 0.4
Shots per game 2.4
Big chances missed 15
Assists 2
Touches per game 30.2
Big chances created 4
Accurate passes per game 9.6
ACC own half per game 2.2
Acc opposition half per game 7.6
Acc long balls per game 0.5
Acc chipped passes 0.6
Acc crosses per game 0.2
Successful dribbles per game 0.6
Total duels won per game 6.4
Ground duels won per game 2.0
Areial duels won per game 4.4
Possession lost 11.6
Possession won (final third) 0.6
Fouls per game 2.5
Was fouled per game 1.0
Offsides per game 1
Yellow cards 6

What the hell is a duel?

Sky seemed to start this stat off but I have no idea what it means. Is it just literally when two players go for the ball when it's crossed in etc?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 12:03 - Jul 28 with 4578 viewsTommyparker

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 11:57 - Jul 28 by J2BLUE

What the hell is a duel?

Sky seemed to start this stat off but I have no idea what it means. Is it just literally when two players go for the ball when it's crossed in etc?

A duel is a 50-50 contest between two players of opposing sides in the match.
Norwood — not good, truth be told on 12:11 - Jul 28 with 4544 viewsIllinoisblue

“Truth be told”. Good lord.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 12:14 - Jul 28 with 4518 viewsWestover

I think he will score over 20 goals this season as long as he stays fit.
Norwood — not good, truth be told on 12:24 - Jul 28 with 4483 viewsGarv

In the right setup he'll come good.

He got a lot of chances (and missed a lot of chances) last season in a team pretty devoid of creativity, so to me that suggests there's potential. If we had Alan Judge in his prime I think we'd be seeing the best of Norwood, but obviously he's not so we need to have a collective effort to provide a supply line for him.

'Also feel he can booked at any moment' - This can always be excused by arguing that 'he plays on the edge'. It is annoying, like it was with Garner, but if it gets him in the mood then whatever.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 12:53 - Jul 28 with 4365 viewsGarv

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 10:01 - Jul 28 by SitfcB

3 assists.

Lambert is a fraud though remember, so that must be wrong.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 13:10 - Jul 28 with 4278 viewsChrisd

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 11:41 - Jul 28 by TractorWood

He just takes 4 decent chances to score. Can't remember what game it was last season but he must have missed 3 one on ones in the first half.

Watching him against Accrington at home last season he missed what looked a couple of sitters in real time and then scored with that sublime chip, which was real quality. If he is still getting in positions to miss chances, I'll take that from Norwood.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 13:21 - Jul 28 with 4233 viewsJ2BLUE

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 12:03 - Jul 28 by Tommyparker

A duel is a 50-50 contest between two players of opposing sides in the match.

Thanks. Who decides what is a 50-50 ball?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwood — not good, truth be told on 13:24 - Jul 28 with 4197 viewsericclacton

Evans has always bought a high percentage of duffers, Huws has been injured nearly all his career, Nolan dodgy calf Nsiala hamstring Bullard Adeyemi, Coke Ebanks Blake Ellington Best and Bishop our own has hardly ever played, the list is huge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024