Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... 14:32 - Jul 28 with 4611 viewsitfcjoe

....after sacking McGreal

Seems a very strange move

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 14:45 - Jul 28 with 4568 viewsPhilTWTD

Think they always planned to appoint from within. A bit like the Cowleys sacking at Huddersfield, John McGreal's outlook on the way forward wasn't in line with that of those above him, which is very academy focused from what I'm told.
Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 15:00 - Jul 28 with 4496 viewsMalcolmBlue

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 14:45 - Jul 28 by PhilTWTD

Think they always planned to appoint from within. A bit like the Cowleys sacking at Huddersfield, John McGreal's outlook on the way forward wasn't in line with that of those above him, which is very academy focused from what I'm told.

Phil do you think there's a chance he's come here?

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 15:12 - Jul 28 with 4469 viewsPhilTWTD

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 15:00 - Jul 28 by MalcolmBlue

Phil do you think there's a chance he's come here?

McGreal? I don't think he's done enough to be under consideration when the vacancy comes up here next.
Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 15:27 - Jul 28 with 4398 viewsfactual_blue

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 14:45 - Jul 28 by PhilTWTD

The Cowleys should go to Oxford.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 15:28 - Jul 28 with 4390 viewsBlueBadger

In all fairness, we've got our marketing manager 'coaching' and managing the first team.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 15:56 - Jul 28 with 4308 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Money is probably a big driver along with what Phil said.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 18:18 - Jul 28 with 4107 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 15:27 - Jul 28 by factual_blue

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 18:26 - Jul 28 with 4081 viewsChrisd

A cheaper option?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 19:23 - Jul 28 with 3984 viewsericclacton

Huge lack of funds, now that could be why, all efl teams are going to struggle big time this coming campaign, if there are just a few fans paying to watch then quite a few will go bust it's bound to happen, it's a pity and a shame, also unemloyment will kick in big time during september, that's not going to help any club is it.

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 19:55 - Jul 28 with 3932 viewsBlueBadger

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 15:12 - Jul 28 by PhilTWTD

McGreal? I don't think he's done enough to be under consideration when the vacancy comes up here next.

He's done more to warrant consideration for the job than Lambert has in the last two years.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 20:03]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 21:30 - Jul 28 with 3834 viewsbluesym

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 19:55 - Jul 28 by BlueBadger

He's done more to warrant consideration for the job than Lambert has in the last two years.

To be fair,so have you

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 08:22 - Jul 29 with 3577 viewsRadlett_blue

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 15:27 - Jul 28 by factual_blue

I remember signing on the dole at the old Morris Garages & then I realised that was where the "MG" name came from.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 09:13 - Jul 29 with 3518 viewsLibero

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 19:55 - Jul 28 by BlueBadger

Great joke, but in all seriousness, I've never understood those clamouring for McGreal.
I'm all for bringing in a manager that has previously been involved in the club in better times and knows the Ipswich DNA, but McGreal has done a bang average job at Colchester.
Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 11:03 - Jul 29 with 3441 viewsChrisd

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 09:13 - Jul 29 by Libero

Great joke, but in all seriousness, I've never understood those clamouring for McGreal.
I'm all for bringing in a manager that has previously been involved in the club in better times and knows the Ipswich DNA, but McGreal has done a bang average job at Colchester.

I'm not advocating McGreal as a potential manager for us, but credit where it is due they had a decent season last year under his guidance.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 11:08 - Jul 29 with 3426 viewsclive_baker

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 11:03 - Jul 29 by Chrisd

I'm not advocating McGreal as a potential manager for us, but credit where it is due they had a decent season last year under his guidance.

My issue with McGreal is he bores me to tears. His teams are boring and he's boring. Very good central defender in his day, but appointing him as our 1st team manager would be about the least inspiring thing I can imagine. That's not to say he's not done a decent job at Col, to get them into the playoffs was a good achievement but he's dull. He's the Chris Hughton of League 2. On paper his CV is fine, but I just can't get excited about him or the prospect of him here tbh.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 12:25 - Jul 29 with 3364 viewsthatdamgood89

Not really. The club needs to cut their cloth and have released several senior players. Ball has worked within the Colchester United set up with most age groups.

The only strange thing about the move is the fact he hasn't really got any experience in management. Well, certainly not at EFL standard.

In a brave new world. That is a brave approach

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 19:47 - Jul 29 with 3243 viewsitfcjoe

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 12:25 - Jul 29 by thatdamgood89

Not really. The club needs to cut their cloth and have released several senior players. Ball has worked within the Colchester United set up with most age groups.

The only strange thing about the move is the fact he hasn't really got any experience in management. Well, certainly not at EFL standard.

In a brave new world. That is a brave approach

If it was Plan A then why did it take 2 weeks to sort out?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 06:46 - Jul 30 with 3115 viewsWickets

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 15:12 - Jul 28 by PhilTWTD

He might have if PL see's his contract out !!
Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 11:56 - Jul 30 with 3016 viewsthatdamgood89

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 19:47 - Jul 29 by itfcjoe

If it was Plan A then why did it take 2 weeks to sort out?

Did I say plan A? OR words near that? It was a two-horse race. Ball or Brown. They wanted someone with experience of working to a tight budget but more importantly with younger players.

I'm just echoing the thoughts of some Colchester united fans that I spoke to for r an article I wrote..It''s the thoughts of those that know the club more intimately then you or I

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 11:59 - Jul 30 with 3009 viewsLibero

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 11:56 - Jul 30 by thatdamgood89

Did I say plan A? OR words near that? It was a two-horse race. Ball or Brown. They wanted someone with experience of working to a tight budget but more importantly with younger players.

I'm just echoing the thoughts of some Colchester united fans that I spoke to for r an article I wrote..It''s the thoughts of those that know the club more intimately then you or I

Phil mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago that De Souza (sp) was actually being considered also internally.
Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 11:59 - Jul 30 with 3005 viewsclive_baker

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 11:59 - Jul 30 by Libero

Phil mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago that De Souza (sp) was actually being considered also internally.

I'm just glad they didn't get Sir George.

Keeps the dream alive...

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 12:01 - Jul 30 with 2997 viewsLibero

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 11:59 - Jul 30 by clive_baker

I'm just glad they didn't get Sir George.

Keeps the dream alive...

What are we saying? In seat in time for 2021?
Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 12:03 - Jul 30 with 2991 viewsclive_baker

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 12:01 - Jul 30 by Libero

What are we saying? In seat in time for 2021?

Stop it.

Lambert out in late November after a mediocre start, Burley in 21st December. Raging hard on for me for the rest of 2020 and beyond.

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 12:05 - Jul 30 with 2988 viewsTieDyedIn95

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 11:03 - Jul 29 by Chrisd

I'd advocate a straight swap right now! At least John made the Playoffs in his league with a side that probably shouldn't have done even that well. We had a top 5 side our manager made mid-table.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 12:11 - Jul 30 with 2970 viewsLibero

Colchester just end up promoting their assistant to manager.... on 12:03 - Jul 30 by clive_baker

Stop it.

Lambert out in late November after a mediocre start, Burley in 21st December. Raging hard on for me for the rest of 2020 and beyond.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024