Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? 11:21 - Jul 29 with 4017 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Genuine question on these lot, as I have seen very little of them. What are their best / favoured positions?

Dobra - Seen his fleeting appearance on TV this season. Looked very promising, I am assuming attacking centre midfield, perhaps No10? Can / does he play wide at all?

El Miz - I've seen nothing of him. Whats his best pos.

Lankester - Seems a while since he broke into the first team. From what I recall played mainly wide on the right? I think I have read interviews where he has said he played as a No10 as a youngster and scored quite a few goals. Can he play on the left?

I guess probably one for Joe, but keen to hear peoples views.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 11:31 - Jul 29 with 3982 viewsITFC_96

Dobra in playmaker role/second striker/inside forward

Lankester striker/centre forward/wide forward

El Mizouni just behind Dobra/alongside him.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 11:34]
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 11:32 - Jul 29 with 3976 viewsitfcjoe

Wide forward

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 11:34 - Jul 29 with 3955 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 11:32 - Jul 29 by itfcjoe

Wide forward

Old school!

What do you class as an 8? Box to box CM?

Can Lankester play left if needed?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 11:42 - Jul 29 with 3934 viewsLibero

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 11:34 - Jul 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Old school!

I'm pretty sure Lankester's first few appearances in friendlies were as a left sided forward?
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 12:56 - Jul 29 with 3835 viewsHorsham

These are our bright young things we want in the team next season. For Dozzell it’s sh!t or bust too. Bishop if he ever gets fit has quality that demands selection.

So there’s a quandary for the manager how he uses these guys. There is 5 right there who offer little in terms of defending and none of them are a number 9. How many can realistically fit into a starting 11. I’d go 4 at the most.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 12:58 - Jul 29 with 3822 viewsLibero

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 12:56 - Jul 29 by Horsham

These are our bright young things we want in the team next season. For Dozzell it’s sh!t or bust too. Bishop if he ever gets fit has quality that demands selection.

So there’s a quandary for the manager how he uses these guys. There is 5 right there who offer little in terms of defending and none of them are a number 9. How many can realistically fit into a starting 11. I’d go 4 at the most.

Teddy Bishop's back to full fitness next month.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 13:02 - Jul 29 with 3808 viewsHorsham

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 12:58 - Jul 29 by Libero

Teddy Bishop's back to full fitness next month.

Yeah I have heard this too.

But on a serious note could anyone leave him out if he gets fully fit ever. Also was he not fit for the last few weeks of the season?

Was he any good?

I’d love to see him back to his best although realistically if he had been at his best for the last 3 years he would be somewhere else now.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 13:07 - Jul 29 with 3793 viewsLibero

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 13:02 - Jul 29 by Horsham

Yeah I have heard this too.

But on a serious note could anyone leave him out if he gets fully fit ever. Also was he not fit for the last few weeks of the season?

Was he any good?

I’d love to see him back to his best although realistically if he had been at his best for the last 3 years he would be somewhere else now.

I set my views out on Ted in the thread below (ignore the bit where I churlishly allowed the Chuckle Brothers to get under my skin)

Teddy Bishop is 24 years old today... by Libero 15 Jul 2020 15:07
He's been playing in the first team for six seasons, made 87 League appearances and averages a full 90 minutes less than once a season.

Always makes me chuckle when I see people listing him in their starting elevens.

He's back to full fitness next month though...

[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 13:08]
Login to get fewer ads

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 13:11 - Jul 29 with 3771 viewsHorsham

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 13:07 - Jul 29 by Libero

I set my views out on Ted in the thread below (ignore the bit where I churlishly allowed the Chuckle Brothers to get under my skin)

Teddy Bishop is 24 years old today... by Libero 15 Jul 2020 15:07
He's been playing in the first team for six seasons, made 87 League appearances and averages a full 90 minutes less than once a season.

Always makes me chuckle when I see people listing him in their starting elevens.

He's back to full fitness next month though...

[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 13:08]

I think you make valid points but the club must see a potential way he can contribute so albeit it seems a long shot I’ll still retain some hope.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 13:50 - Jul 29 with 3674 viewsCoco

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 13:11 - Jul 29 by Horsham

I think you make valid points but the club must see a potential way he can contribute so albeit it seems a long shot I’ll still retain some hope.

We need to plan without him rather than pinning our hopes on him. Also Lankester has made less of an impact than Josh Carson thus far so needs time to find his role.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 14:08 - Jul 29 with 3649 viewsHorsham

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 13:50 - Jul 29 by Coco

We need to plan without him rather than pinning our hopes on him. Also Lankester has made less of an impact than Josh Carson thus far so needs time to find his role.

Agree, I don’t think we should count on them in our planning but if they get fit and firing they will be like ‘2 new signings ‘
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 19:43 - Jul 29 with 3455 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 11:34 - Jul 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Old school!

Maybe a bit more attacking than that, but fundamentally so - someone you expect to pop up with goals but get up and down the pitch and chip in defensively to an extent.

Lankester can play in any of the 3 roles behind the striker, but think on the right being able to cut in suits him the best

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 20:10 - Jul 29 with 3420 viewsYallop

Debra wide left
Lancaster wide right
El Miz behind the front man
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 22:14 - Jul 29 with 3315 viewsNthQldITFC

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 20:10 - Jul 29 by Yallop

Debra wide left
Lancaster wide right

"Your name was Debra, Debra, it never suited ya"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 22:18 - Jul 29 with 3306 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 20:10 - Jul 29 by Yallop

Debra wide left
Lancaster wide right

Would second this.

El Mizouni had a good spell as the number 10 behind Paul Mullin at Cambridge.

Dobra dangerous floating in from that left hand side in to the half spaces.

Lankester we’ve seen best position wide right.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:19]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 22:40 - Jul 29 with 3271 viewsIpswichKnight

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 22:18 - Jul 29 by TheTrueBlue1878

Would second this.

El Mizouni had a good spell as the number 10 behind Paul Mullin at Cambridge.

Dobra dangerous floating in from that left hand side in to the half spaces.

Lankester we’ve seen best position wide right.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:19]

Now Joes said it I’m starting to like the idea of El-Miz as an 8 could play him and Downes together, move Dobra to 10 and have Jackson play as a wide striker with Lankaster.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 07:58 - Jul 30 with 3122 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 22:40 - Jul 29 by IpswichKnight

Now Joes said it I’m starting to like the idea of El-Miz as an 8 could play him and Downes together, move Dobra to 10 and have Jackson play as a wide striker with Lankaster.

That's where he'll end up, he's got too much running power and stregth to just sit high up the pitch although may break through in a more advanced role.

When he was first he was playing CB and DM, also RB at times but when he came into his own it was with Dobra playing as two 8's in a 4141, but Dobra the more advanced of the two as Idi gets around the pitch better and is a good tackler

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 08:25 - Jul 30 with 3088 viewsDennyx4

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 07:58 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

That's where he'll end up, he's got too much running power and stregth to just sit high up the pitch although may break through in a more advanced role.

When he was first he was playing CB and DM, also RB at times but when he came into his own it was with Dobra playing as two 8's in a 4141, but Dobra the more advanced of the two as Idi gets around the pitch better and is a good tackler

Is El Mizouni back training yet, after his injury?
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 08:29 - Jul 30 with 3067 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 08:25 - Jul 30 by Dennyx4

Is El Mizouni back training yet, after his injury?

Yep, he's training.

Think it is only Norwood and Nydam who aren't

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 08:33 - Jul 30 with 3057 viewsDennyx4

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 08:29 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

Yep, he's training.

Think it is only Norwood and Nydam who aren't

Excellent, think he could be a real asset for us this year.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 08:48 - Jul 30 with 3029 viewsHerbivore

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 22:40 - Jul 29 by IpswichKnight

That could work, although El Miz faces some real competition for one of the two midfield spots if we play a 4-2-3-1. Personally I'd be tempted to go more of a 4-3-3 with Jackson wide up front and then rotate Dobra and Lankester as I don't think either of them is up to a 46 game season yet. I'm still to be convinced that Norwood is the man to lead the line in that system.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 09:01 - Jul 30 with 2996 viewsDennyx4

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 08:48 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

That could work, although El Miz faces some real competition for one of the two midfield spots if we play a 4-2-3-1. Personally I'd be tempted to go more of a 4-3-3 with Jackson wide up front and then rotate Dobra and Lankester as I don't think either of them is up to a 46 game season yet. I'm still to be convinced that Norwood is the man to lead the line in that system.

Think 433 is Lambert's preferred system, however not sure we have the centre forward to make this work - which in my view is why Lambert tried so many different systems last season.

Shame really, as Harrison showed exactly how to play that role, when we played Portsmouth at Fratton Park, and we let him leave.
Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 09:09 - Jul 30 with 2981 viewsHerbivore

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 09:01 - Jul 30 by Dennyx4

Think 433 is Lambert's preferred system, however not sure we have the centre forward to make this work - which in my view is why Lambert tried so many different systems last season.

Shame really, as Harrison showed exactly how to play that role, when we played Portsmouth at Fratton Park, and we let him leave.

Has he ever really employed it here? Think he maybe used it twice last season at most. In theory Norwood can play the role, especially if the wide forwards get close to him. However, I don't really rate him from what I've seen so far and think we'd need someone better to play as a lone striker.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 09:50 - Jul 30 with 2950 viewsDennyx4

Dobra, El Mizouni, Lankester - Best positions? on 09:09 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

Has he ever really employed it here? Think he maybe used it twice last season at most. In theory Norwood can play the role, especially if the wide forwards get close to him. However, I don't really rate him from what I've seen so far and think we'd need someone better to play as a lone striker.

He went with that system pretty much throughout the season we got relegated.

Last year very rarely agree, however think that was because we didn't have a Quaner type option up top. He did try to sign the big lad from Millwall (forgot his name).

Not sure Norwood is big enough or fit enough to do that role - maybe being harsh on him.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 9:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024