Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Camping during covid. 18:14 - Jul 29 with 4668 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Have booked a long weekend in the middle of August for a camping and fishing trip with the lad (20), got electric hookup, so we will be taking all the food and drink etc to cook and inbibe on site, 5 fishing lakes too so no travel until we come home.
Have any posters been camping since the restrictions were lifted and apart from the social distancing and sanitising regimes in place, has it dimished the experience.
At the time of booking last weekend, the facilities were open.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Camping during covid. on 18:35 - Jul 29 with 4112 viewsbluelagos

Tried to book a site in Snowdonia but found the ones with space had closed the toilet and shower facilities. Does make tenting a non starter unless you are happy sh1tting in the woods once the sun has gone down.

This summer nothing is easy is it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Camping during covid. on 18:46 - Jul 29 with 4085 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Camping during covid. on 18:35 - Jul 29 by bluelagos

Tried to book a site in Snowdonia but found the ones with space had closed the toilet and shower facilities. Does make tenting a non starter unless you are happy sh1tting in the woods once the sun has gone down.

Indeed.
Lost count of the sites i've contacted, either not accepting tents yet or facilities closed.
Just hoping nothing drastic changes between now and mid August to put a dampner on it.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Camping during covid. on 18:50 - Jul 29 with 4073 viewsNthQldITFC

Camping during covid. on 18:35 - Jul 29 by bluelagos

Bears find it easy enough.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Camping during covid. on 19:06 - Jul 29 with 4046 viewsdickie

We've been converting a VW T4 into a camper and are heading to Dorset for our first proper trip away soon. The site we're visiting has toilets, showers and washing up facilities available (and plenty of the ones we looked at had the same). They all seem to be getting booked up though. We did a trial run for a night at a place in Wickham Market a couple of weeks ago that was really nice - it had toilet facilities but no showers
Camping during covid. on 22:58 - Jul 29 with 3907 viewsGlevum

Went wild camping due to restrictions and closures. Loved it. Pitch late, leave early, leave no mess (other than what bears do in woods). Try it.
Camping during covid. on 06:43 - Jul 30 with 3817 viewsCoastalblue

My other half went the weekend before last to a site in Oxfordshire (I was working), she had a great time. All the facilities were open and the site was fully booked.

She had to have her temperature taken on arrival, and apparently there were people taking umbrage to this over the course of the weekend and a couple of rows with the site owner who was refusing entry, with full refund, to anybody refusing to take the temperature test.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Camping during covid. on 06:50 - Jul 30 with 3806 viewsWeWereZombies

Camping during covid. on 22:58 - Jul 29 by Glevum

Went wild camping due to restrictions and closures. Loved it. Pitch late, leave early, leave no mess (other than what bears do in woods). Try it.

Although, unlike bears, you should take a trowel to dig a hole to crap into and then cover it over (after you have crapped...). And take your dump well away from buildings to prevent a build up of crap spots close by, not going to be great if you start digging and find your trowel covered in someone else's recent evacuation.

If I remember I might start a 'Friday dump thread - outdoor special' tomorrow.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Camping during covid. on 06:57 - Jul 30 with 3792 viewsbluelagos

Camping during covid. on 06:50 - Jul 30 by WeWereZombies

Although, unlike bears, you should take a trowel to dig a hole to crap into and then cover it over (after you have crapped...). And take your dump well away from buildings to prevent a build up of crap spots close by, not going to be great if you start digging and find your trowel covered in someone else's recent evacuation.

If I remember I might start a 'Friday dump thread - outdoor special' tomorrow.

Not going public with the details, but if we ever meet ask me about my Peruvian motorbike ride last year. If you have to go, you have to go...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Camping during covid. on 07:02 - Jul 30 with 3786 viewsWeWereZombies

Camping during covid. on 06:57 - Jul 30 by bluelagos

Not going public with the details, but if we ever meet ask me about my Peruvian motorbike ride last year. If you have to go, you have to go...

I have a similar one from Ethiopia where I was on my way back to the truck and had to double back when I realised that it was not done yet.

Camping during covid. on 07:09 - Jul 30 with 3774 viewsdickie

Camping during covid. on 06:43 - Jul 30 by Coastalblue

My other half went the weekend before last to a site in Oxfordshire (I was working), she had a great time. All the facilities were open and the site was fully booked.

She had to have her temperature taken on arrival, and apparently there were people taking umbrage to this over the course of the weekend and a couple of rows with the site owner who was refusing entry, with full refund, to anybody refusing to take the temperature test.

The temperature test is a joke, my barbours are doing it with an IR thermometer. I came up with a false temperature at first because I was running late and jogged down. Then it came up hypothermic once I'd cooled down - not sure I'd trust the accuracy!
Camping during covid. on 07:18 - Jul 30 with 3762 viewsWeWereZombies

Camping during covid. on 07:09 - Jul 30 by dickie

The temperature test is a joke, my barbours are doing it with an IR thermometer. I came up with a false temperature at first because I was running late and jogged down. Then it came up hypothermic once I'd cooled down - not sure I'd trust the accuracy!

Clever jackets though, aren't they?

Camping during covid. on 07:56 - Jul 30 with 3710 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Second week of August is shaping up to be scorchio at the moment.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Camping during covid. on 07:59 - Jul 30 with 3697 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Camping during covid. on 07:56 - Jul 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

Second week of August is shaping up to be scorchio at the moment.

Marvelous.
Many thanks Carol.
How,s tricks?

Camping during covid. on 08:05 - Jul 30 with 3677 viewsWeWereZombies

Camping during covid. on 07:59 - Jul 30 by StochesStotasBlewe

Marvelous.
Many thanks Carol.
How,s tricks?

She's never been the same since that cycling accident, think that is when she started listening to Idles...

Camping during covid. on 08:13 - Jul 30 with 3667 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Camping during covid. on 08:05 - Jul 30 by WeWereZombies

She's never been the same since that cycling accident, think that is when she started listening to Idles...

He's a very good weather girl though.

Camping during covid. on 08:53 - Jul 30 with 3611 viewsSwansea_Blue

The missus isn't keen on shared facilities this year, so we've booked a canal boat instead. Anyone gets to close and we'll push them away with the boat hook.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Camping during covid. on 10:12 - Jul 30 with 3553 viewsNthQldITFC

Camping during covid. on 08:53 - Jul 30 by Swansea_Blue

The missus isn't keen on shared facilities this year, so we've booked a canal boat instead. Anyone gets to close and we'll push them away with the boat hook.

That sounds lie a lot of saucy nautical slang. Or naughty saucical slang.

Ooh-er, Finbar Saunders.

Camping during covid. on 11:40 - Jul 30 with 3507 viewsipswich78

Camping during covid. on 18:50 - Jul 29 by NthQldITFC

Bears find it easy enough.

But do they...

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Camping during covid. on 12:12 - Jul 30 with 3485 viewsTIB

Camping during covid. on 19:06 - Jul 29 by dickie

We've been converting a VW T4 into a camper and are heading to Dorset for our first proper trip away soon. The site we're visiting has toilets, showers and washing up facilities available (and plenty of the ones we looked at had the same). They all seem to be getting booked up though. We did a trial run for a night at a place in Wickham Market a couple of weeks ago that was really nice - it had toilet facilities but no showers

How longs the conversion taken you Dickie? I'm collecting an ex-AA T5 this Saturday hopefully which a guy has given the Kombi treatment to. I'm using it for the business but the wife has asked if we can do a run to Scotland in September and add some sort of sleep system in...so far I've suggested hammocks!?!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Camping during covid. on 12:27 - Jul 30 with 3478 viewsNthQldITFC

Camping during covid. on 11:40 - Jul 30 by ipswich78

But do they...

Rhetorically?

Camping during covid. on 12:31 - Jul 30 with 3463 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Camping during covid. on 07:59 - Jul 30 by StochesStotasBlewe

Marvelous.
Many thanks Carol.
How,s tricks?

Tricky...the Missus loves Tamas Shafferaffernakker!

Camping during covid. on 12:34 - Jul 30 with 3455 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Camping during covid. on 08:05 - Jul 30 by WeWereZombies

Don't forget your new favourite band's album out tomorrow!

Camping during covid. on 13:16 - Jul 30 with 3418 viewsSwansea_Blue

Camping during covid. on 10:12 - Jul 30 by NthQldITFC

That sounds lie a lot of saucy nautical slang. Or naughty saucical slang.

Ooh-er, Finbar Saunders.

I leave saucy nautical slang to Newcy. I'm far too *cough* sophisticated *cough* for that kind of thing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Camping during covid. on 14:41 - Jul 30 with 3368 viewsWeWereZombies

Camping during covid. on 12:27 - Jul 30 by NthQldITFC

Rhetorically?

As in - if a bear with no ears craps against a tree which then falls on you perhaps your no longer being alive means the bear never crapped in the first place?

Camping during covid. on 18:54 - Jul 30 with 3315 viewsdickie

Camping during covid. on 12:12 - Jul 30 by TIB

How longs the conversion taken you Dickie? I'm collecting an ex-AA T5 this Saturday hopefully which a guy has given the Kombi treatment to. I'm using it for the business but the wife has asked if we can do a run to Scotland in September and add some sort of sleep system in...so far I've suggested hammocks!?!

Technically ages! But we paid a chippy to kit it out and my brother put in the split charging system and 240 hook up. Bought it may last year and would have been ready to go for Easter this year (almost had it ready for an October getaway but then abandoned the project during the winter). Once Covid got in the way we've just been gearing for a couple of small trips this summer.

It has been expensive but think it'll be worth it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024