Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. 18:54 - Jul 29 with 17356 viewsShawsey

A woman was trying to buy bedding with some sort of food voucher from the government. The cashier rightly told he that it had to be spent on food for her children. A manager was called and she confirmed that the woman had to buy food with them. She was well p****d off and left the bedding behind. On my way out she was at the kiosk trying to but cigarettes with it. Unbelievable. I feel so sorry for her children. She certainly hadn't gone without food.
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:04 - Jul 29 with 2568 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:01 - Jul 29 by Shawsey

I never said the scheme wasn't working. it was just one woman in a shop trying to buy bedding when she can only use it on food. I never said anything about it being a common thing. Bl00dy hell, I can't put anything on here without people trying to turn it into something I never said. It was one woman, I never said the scheme wasn't working. Stop looking for something I never said.

This is a bit you did say though:

" I feel so sorry for her children. She certainly hadn't gone without food."

So you don't know how the scheme works or even if she has children.

The cigarettes thing, I often wonder if people who don't smoke realise what an addiction it can be. And what benefits some people find from smoking. I don't smoke btw.

I once met a surgeon who took up smoking in a deliberate attempt to help him cope with the stress of his job. That's an example only of course.

True story.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:04 - Jul 29 with 2572 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 19:59 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

Why would he make that up?

I dunno. Why did Pecker pretend to have Covid? People are weird.

There are so many holes in the story though that you can drive a bus through it. I guess a certain Daily Mail type probably wants to believe it though as it plays into that deserving and undeserving poor trope.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 20:05]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:06 - Jul 29 with 2565 viewsSpruceMoose

I never said the scheme wasn't working. it was just one woman in a shop trying to buy bedding when she can only use it on food. I never said anything about it being a common thing. Bl00dy hell, I can't put anything on here without people trying to turn it into something I never said. It was one woman, I never said the scheme wasn't working. Stop looking for something I never said.

My guess is the part about trying to buy bedding with it and being told she wasn't able to might be true. The rest is made up.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 20:07]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:09 - Jul 29 with 2554 viewsEwan_Oozami

What a heartwarming story - the concern we have for those less fortunate for ourselves is truly inspirational....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:15 - Jul 29 with 2539 viewsShawsey

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:06 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

My guess is the part about trying to buy bedding with it and being told she wasn't able to might be true. The rest is made up.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 20:07]

No it isn't. I have no idea how these things work, luckily I have never needed them. I was 2 meters behind her and she was right kicking off. As for the cigarettes, she was trying it. The man behind the kiosk put a call out for somebody. He said they can only be spent on food. A woman behind me said somebody tried to buy nappies the other day with them and was refused. I think that was the wrong call.
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:19 - Jul 29 with 2521 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:15 - Jul 29 by Shawsey

No it isn't. I have no idea how these things work, luckily I have never needed them. I was 2 meters behind her and she was right kicking off. As for the cigarettes, she was trying it. The man behind the kiosk put a call out for somebody. He said they can only be spent on food. A woman behind me said somebody tried to buy nappies the other day with them and was refused. I think that was the wrong call.

I'm downgrading this tale to two Jimmy Hills out of five.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:21 - Jul 29 with 2514 viewsJ2BLUE

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:15 - Jul 29 by Shawsey

Which supermarket?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:22 - Jul 29 with 2508 viewsShawsey

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:21 - Jul 29 by J2BLUE

Which supermarket?

Sainsburys, Chippenham, Wiltshire.
Login to get fewer ads

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:26 - Jul 29 with 2493 viewsJ2BLUE

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:22 - Jul 29 by Shawsey

You're being quite judgemental. For all you know she might have been trying to buy cigarettes for someone else so she could instead take the cash to Lidl or Aldi (I have no idea how these vouchers work).

Truly impaired.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:28 - Jul 29 with 2486 viewsm14_blue

Erm, I wasn’t replying to you?
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:29 - Jul 29 with 2480 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:26 - Jul 29 by J2BLUE

You're being quite judgemental. For all you know she might have been trying to buy cigarettes for someone else so she could instead take the cash to Lidl or Aldi (I have no idea how these vouchers work).

That's a good point.

A real thinking 'outside the box' point there.

I bet you've been on some training course haven't you?

That or you're some kind of dealer.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:30 - Jul 29 with 2468 views26_Paz

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:28 - Jul 29 by m14_blue

In fairness M14 was replying to me and I had suggested the scheme was rife for abuse

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:31 - Jul 29 with 2467 views26_Paz

No chance

The Paz Man

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:32 - Jul 29 with 2463 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:28 - Jul 29 by m14_blue

Maybe she'd eaten the children, hence she's a big on the large side.

And then fancied an after dinner cigarette.

That would make sense and is exactly the kind of thing these type of people would do.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:32 - Jul 29 with 2458 viewsfooters

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:22 - Jul 29 by Shawsey

Have you been to Chippenham? It's not exactly chav central!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:33 - Jul 29 with 2458 viewsShawsey

Me neither. I would guess you can use them in any food store. Not being judgemental. The way she was behaving made me believe she was trying it on. I know many, many people are in need of these vouchers and of course should be given help, just use them for what they are given for.
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:33 - Jul 29 with 2453 viewsjeera

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:33 - Jul 29 by Shawsey

Me neither. I would guess you can use them in any food store. Not being judgemental. The way she was behaving made me believe she was trying it on. I know many, many people are in need of these vouchers and of course should be given help, just use them for what they are given for.

Maybe she exchanged the children for vouchers.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:34 - Jul 29 with 2452 viewsJ2BLUE

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:29 - Jul 29 by jeera

That's a good point.

A real thinking 'outside the box' point there.

I bet you've been on some training course haven't you?

That or you're some kind of dealer.

I see Sainsburys as a middle of the road supermarket. Less expensive than Waitrose and M&S but more expensive than most others. If these vouchers are only useable at Sainsburys she might just be trying to get more for her money. Fruit and veg is very cheap at the likes of Lidl. Maybe she's homecooking and feeding her kids 10 servings of fruit and veg per day

Truly impaired.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:34 - Jul 29 with 2447 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:33 - Jul 29 by jeera

Maybe she exchanged the children for vouchers.

Should have eaten the vouchers, smoked the children and slept on the cigarettes.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:35 - Jul 29 with 2440 viewsJ2BLUE

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:31 - Jul 29 by 26_Paz

No chance

Yea, after all, most parents allow their kids to go hungry to have a nicer duvet...

Truly impaired.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:35 - Jul 29 with 2437 viewsShawsey

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:32 - Jul 29 by footers

Have you been to Chippenham? It's not exactly chav central!

Every day on my way to work.
Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:36 - Jul 29 with 2434 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:34 - Jul 29 by J2BLUE

I see Sainsburys as a middle of the road supermarket. Less expensive than Waitrose and M&S but more expensive than most others. If these vouchers are only useable at Sainsburys she might just be trying to get more for her money. Fruit and veg is very cheap at the likes of Lidl. Maybe she's homecooking and feeding her kids 10 servings of fruit and veg per day

The point being that as we don't know the circumstances of this fictional woman people should probably just stop being beaky and mind their own business.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 20:36]

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:36 - Jul 29 with 2427 viewsGeoffSentence

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 19:50 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

If he doesn't care about hungry kids he's not going to care about their sleeping conditions is he?

How does annoyance at attempted misuse of the vouchers become not caring about hungry kids? I think you are making a bit of a leap there sprucey.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:37 - Jul 29 with 2420 viewsJ2BLUE

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:36 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

The point being that as we don't know the circumstances of this fictional woman people should probably just stop being beaky and mind their own business.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 20:36]

Nah, it's much better to justify your views by assuming the worst.

Truly impaired.

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:37 - Jul 29 with 2420 viewsSpruceMoose

Went to the supermarket on the way home from work. on 20:36 - Jul 29 by GeoffSentence

How does annoyance at attempted misuse of the vouchers become not caring about hungry kids? I think you are making a bit of a leap there sprucey.

It's not related to this thread. It was an old one where he said he'd rather have Brexit than provide school meals for kids over the summer months.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024