Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson's off then 09:09 - Jul 30 with 18864 viewsportmanking

Explains the interest in Jonson Clarke-Harris too.

Sell Jackson for £2m and buy Clarke-Harris (£500-600k) and Charlie Wyke (£300k) and pocket the rest. We get a like-for-like replacement who is perhaps even more prolific than Jackson, as well as an additional physical presence up top. Seems like good business to me.
Jackson's off then on 19:38 - Jul 30 with 2420 viewsbournemouthblue

Jackson's off then on 09:10 - Jul 30 by Kieran_Knows

Did see this on a Coventry forum.
https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/kayden-jackson.120443/
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 9:10]

Coventry fans are describing us as a shambles of a club

What a time to be alive!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jackson's off then on 19:39 - Jul 30 with 2413 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Jackson's off then on 19:36 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

I was being generous.

To be fair, if you're saying I'm bottom 2, it's reassured me once again I'm right up there in the top 2.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Jackson's off then on 19:40 - Jul 30 with 2404 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Jackson's off then on 19:31 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

I'm behaving perfectly well thanks.

Jackson isn't as good as those two, but then Championship clubs who might go in for him aren't as good as Leicester and Palace were. It's all relative. We were competing to go to the Prem, yes, we're now trying to go back up to the Championship which is a step towards getting into the Prem. We aren't gong to sell one of our best performers last season for six figures when they are just approaching their prime.

You have to keep changing and narrowing your criteria regarding players who have moved for £2m plus. Next it'll be name me a player with the initials KJ who is on that list. There are players on there in their mid 20s who hadn't done much if anything above League 1 level before. Jackson is coming off a good season, only 2 or 3 players contributed towards more goals than him in League 1 last season and they've gone or will be going for a fair bit more than £2m.

You still haven't answered the question, "show me 5 strikers 25 or older who have moved to the Championship for £2m from League One scoring 11 or less goals in a season."

Especially when that person only scored 3 goals in the Championship the season before, I'll be waiting too.

Jackson's off then on 19:42 - Jul 30 with 2407 viewsParky

Jackson isn't as good as those two, but then Championship clubs who might go in for him aren't as good as Leicester and Palace were. It's all relative. We were competing to go to the Prem, yes, we're now trying to go back up to the Championship which is a step towards getting into the Prem. We aren't gong to sell one of our best performers last season for six figures when they are just approaching their prime.

You have to keep changing and narrowing your criteria regarding players who have moved for £2m plus. Next it'll be name me a player with the initials KJ who is on that list. There are players on there in their mid 20s who hadn't done much if anything above League 1 level before. Jackson is coming off a good season, only 2 or 3 players contributed towards more goals than him in League 1 last season and they've gone or will be going for a fair bit more than £2m.

Guessing you’re struggling then...
Jackson's off then on 19:50 - Jul 30 with 2391 viewsParky

FWIW, there isn’t a single striker on the list above the age of 25 who has moved to a Championship club for a fee of £2m or more without scoring 20 goals+ the previous season. But don’t worry, someone will break the history of League One transfers for Kayden Jackson and his big 14 league goals. p.s don’t forget to mention how many goals he was ‘involved in’
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 19:52]
Jackson's off then on 20:03 - Jul 30 with 2366 viewsHerbivore

Jackson's off then on 19:40 - Jul 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

You still haven't answered the question, "show me 5 strikers 25 or older who have moved to the Championship for £2m from League One scoring 11 or less goals in a season."

Especially when that person only scored 3 goals in the Championship the season before, I'll be waiting too.

Why do I need to find 5 players who meet those very specific criteria exactly? I don't think Jackson will go for £2m for what it's worth as I don't think he'll go at all. But £2m is much closer to his value than six figures.

Edit - three replies to the same post? You've lost your head, son.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 20:05]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson's off then on 20:09 - Jul 30 with 2351 viewsParky

Jackson's off then on 20:03 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

Why do I need to find 5 players who meet those very specific criteria exactly? I don't think Jackson will go for £2m for what it's worth as I don't think he'll go at all. But £2m is much closer to his value than six figures.

Christ, I haven’t missed the football season and debating bang average players😂

Have a good evening chaps, play nicely.
Jackson's off then on 20:13 - Jul 30 with 2344 viewsradiogaga

Jackson's off then on 09:15 - Jul 30 by Libero

I've seen a few people give him a bit of clog, he was our best forward last season and looked very useful at this level!

Agreed. 'Not a natural goalscorer' is one that gets thrown around now and then, but I wouldn't call Norwood that either as he misses his fair few (sitters at times as well). Jackson's biggest asset is pace, getting out wide and stretching teams. Chipped in with an awful lot of assists too. I'm very much of the opinion he'd be a big loss.

£2m though, no chance. Particularly given his contract situ.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Jackson's off then on 20:17 - Jul 30 with 2328 viewsHerbivore

Jackson's off then on 20:09 - Jul 30 by Parky

Christ, I haven’t missed the football season and debating bang average players😂

Have a good evening chaps, play nicely.

I'll take that concession. Enjoy your evening.

Jackson's off then on 20:20 - Jul 30 with 2322 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Jackson's off then on 20:03 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

Just wanted to see where your fairyland valuation had come from, and you couldn’t back it up.

Anyway, I’m bouncing as well, night darling x

Jackson's off then on 20:22 - Jul 30 with 2320 viewsHerbivore

Jackson's off then on 20:13 - Jul 30 by radiogaga

Agreed. 'Not a natural goalscorer' is one that gets thrown around now and then, but I wouldn't call Norwood that either as he misses his fair few (sitters at times as well). Jackson's biggest asset is pace, getting out wide and stretching teams. Chipped in with an awful lot of assists too. I'm very much of the opinion he'd be a big loss.

£2m though, no chance. Particularly given his contract situ.

He's got 2 years on his contract still.

Jackson's off then on 20:25 - Jul 30 with 2314 viewsHerbivore

Jackson's off then on 20:20 - Jul 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

Just wanted to see where your fairyland valuation had come from, and you couldn’t back it up.

Anyway, I’m bouncing as well, night darling x

So you seem to have just outed yourself as having two accounts, seemingly created so that at least one poster agrees with you. I thought you and Parky were posting similarly but then you seemed to start replying on each other's behalf. Weird.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 20:26]

Jackson's off then on 20:26 - Jul 30 with 2305 viewsParky

Jackson's off then on 20:17 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

I'll take that concession. Enjoy your evening.

I wouldn’t go that far Mr, just moving inside from the garden and done on here for the evening.

Until next time you’re wrong👀
Jackson's off then on 20:27 - Jul 30 with 2294 viewsHerbivore

Jackson's off then on 20:26 - Jul 30 by Parky

I wouldn’t go that far Mr, just moving inside from the garden and done on here for the evening.

Until next time you’re wrong👀

When we sell Jackson for six figures, that's when you get to tell me I'm wrong.

Jackson's off then on 20:28 - Jul 30 with 2293 viewsParky

Jackson's off then on 20:25 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

So you seem to have just outed yourself as having two accounts, seemingly created so that at least one poster agrees with you. I thought you and Parky were posting similarly but then you seemed to start replying on each other's behalf. Weird.

Just for clarity, I have no idea who the other guy is, or you are for that matter; hence why I didn’t get involved in tit-for-tat.

You can see from my previous posts, I don’t post on here very often, quiet day at work today has brought me to posting on here.
Jackson's off then on 20:29 - Jul 30 with 2283 viewsParky

Jackson's off then on 20:27 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

When we sell Jackson for six figures, that's when you get to tell me I'm wrong.

When we sell him for £2m plus, I’ll buy you a beer!

Edit - I have screenshotted this message specifically for this time next year when Jackson is sold after rejecting numerous new contract offers.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 20:30]
Jackson's off then on 20:32 - Jul 30 with 2272 viewsHerbivore

Jackson's off then on 20:29 - Jul 30 by Parky

When we sell him for £2m plus, I’ll buy you a beer!

Edit - I have screenshotted this message specifically for this time next year when Jackson is sold after rejecting numerous new contract offers.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 20:30]

Selling him in a year is a different kettle of fish, friend. Players' values decline significantly when they only have a year left on their contract. Let's see what happens this summer, I will happily eat humble pie if we sell him for six figures.

Jackson's off then on 20:36 - Jul 30 with 2249 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Jackson's off then on 20:25 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

I’m living in your head rent free.

Jackson's off then on 20:39 - Jul 30 with 2243 viewsHerbivore

Jackson's off then on 20:36 - Jul 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

I’m living in your head rent free.

You're living in your mum's house and getting £5 a week pocket money. Don't flatter yourself.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 20:40]

Jackson's off then on 20:45 - Jul 30 with 2222 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Jackson's off then on 20:39 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

You're living in your mum's house and getting £5 a week pocket money. Don't flatter yourself.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 20:40]

It’s a good job if I’m on 5 squid I’ve got free rent inside your head then ain’t it.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 20:59]

Jackson's off then on 09:46 - Jul 31 with 2106 viewsradiogaga

Jackson's off then on 19:38 - Jul 30 by bournemouthblue

Coventry fans are describing us as a shambles of a club

What a time to be alive!

They're not wrong either.

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Jackson's off then on 16:33 - May 11 with 989 viewsMaySixth

Seems like non-existent business to me.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Jackson's off then on 16:35 - May 11 with 961 viewsTractorCam

Jackson's off then on 16:33 - May 11 by MaySixth

Seems like non-existent business to me.

JCH or Wyke wouldn't have made much of a difference as they wouldn't be getting anywhere near the service they receive at Posh and Sunderland. They may have given us a few extra goals to sneak us into the play-offs though.

Also just realised you're replying to loads of old threads and remember you've done this before, why?
[Post edited 11 May 2021 16:36]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Jackson's off then on 16:37 - May 11 with 943 viewshype313

Jackson's off then on 16:35 - May 11 by TractorCam

JCH or Wyke wouldn't have made much of a difference as they wouldn't be getting anywhere near the service they receive at Posh and Sunderland. They may have given us a few extra goals to sneak us into the play-offs though.

Also just realised you're replying to loads of old threads and remember you've done this before, why?
[Post edited 11 May 2021 16:36]

Indeed, it's the 3rd old thread he's pulled up.

Bizarre.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jackson's off then on 16:37 - May 11 with 930 viewsTractorCam

Jackson's off then on 16:37 - May 11 by hype313

Indeed, it's the 3rd old thread he's pulled up.

Bizarre.

All from the same poster, maybe it's his burner account?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024