Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson's off then 09:09 - Jul 30 with 18845 viewsportmanking

Explains the interest in Jonson Clarke-Harris too.

Sell Jackson for £2m and buy Clarke-Harris (£500-600k) and Charlie Wyke (£300k) and pocket the rest. We get a like-for-like replacement who is perhaps even more prolific than Jackson, as well as an additional physical presence up top. Seems like good business to me.
Jackson's off then on 09:10 - Jul 30 with 6562 viewsKieran_Knows

Did see this on a Coventry forum.
https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/kayden-jackson.120443/
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 9:10]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jackson's off then on 09:12 - Jul 30 with 6521 viewsStokieBlue

Much maligned by certain elements of the support base last season without actual evidence that stood up to any scrutiny.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jackson's off then on 09:15 - Jul 30 with 6486 viewsLibero

Jackson's off then on 09:12 - Jul 30 by StokieBlue

Much maligned by certain elements of the support base last season without actual evidence that stood up to any scrutiny.

SB

I've seen a few people give him a bit of clog, he was our best forward last season and looked very useful at this level!
Jackson's off then on 09:16 - Jul 30 with 6467 viewsCuffy81

We'll never get 2m for him considering he's out of contract next season
Jackson's off then on 09:16 - Jul 30 with 6465 viewsReuser_is_God

The only part of that theory that will be reality is us getting rid of Jackson.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Jackson's off then on 09:16 - Jul 30 with 6462 viewsportmanking

Jackson's off then on 09:16 - Jul 30 by Cuffy81

We'll never get 2m for him considering he's out of contract next season

He's not though, we have another year's option, so effectively 2 years.
Jackson's off then on 09:17 - Jul 30 with 6451 viewsportmanking

Jackson's off then on 09:16 - Jul 30 by Reuser_is_God

The only part of that theory that will be reality is us getting rid of Jackson.

Alas, you are probably correct.
Jackson's off then on 09:17 - Jul 30 with 6474 viewsPhilTWTD

Think it's just the usual knockabout on the contract with Jackson and would be very surprised if we were after Clarke-Harris. Re Wyke, it's reported that Sunderland have said he's going nowhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Jackson's off then on 09:19 - Jul 30 with 6426 viewsportmanking

Jackson's off then on 09:17 - Jul 30 by PhilTWTD

Think it's just the usual knockabout on the contract with Jackson and would be very surprised if we were after Clarke-Harris. Re Wyke, it's reported that Sunderland have said he's going nowhere.

In what respect would you be very surprised re. Clarke-Harris, Phil? Transfer fee would be doable if Jackson went, no? Or are you alluding to his temperament/personality?
Jackson's off then on 09:21 - Jul 30 with 6390 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jackson's off then on 09:10 - Jul 30 by Kieran_Knows

Did see this on a Coventry forum.
https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/kayden-jackson.120443/
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 9:10]

Some quality Def info there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jackson's off then on 09:23 - Jul 30 with 6384 viewsHorsham

Do you think there’s anything in any theory that Jackson is a bit of a problem in that Lambert feels he can’t play him in favourite 4-3-3 formation? Neither a proper wide player or a
Number 9? It is Lambert genuinely not as much of a frustrated 4-3-3 man as it appears reading Watson’s and others comments?
Jackson's off then on 09:27 - Jul 30 with 6326 viewsKieran_Knows

Jackson's off then on 09:21 - Jul 30 by Swansea_Blue

Some quality Def info there.

Did make me chuckle!

Jackson's off then on 09:28 - Jul 30 with 6323 viewsPhilTWTD

Jackson's off then on 09:23 - Jul 30 by Horsham

Do you think there’s anything in any theory that Jackson is a bit of a problem in that Lambert feels he can’t play him in favourite 4-3-3 formation? Neither a proper wide player or a
Number 9? It is Lambert genuinely not as much of a frustrated 4-3-3 man as it appears reading Watson’s and others comments?

I think 4-2-3-1 is PL's preferred system and I agree that Jackson doesn't obviously fit into that being neither an out-and-out number nine or someone who has regularly played wide, although I think that may be how he will be used more in the future. I don't think there's any hurry to move him on and he's happy here, I believe.
Jackson's off then on 09:30 - Jul 30 with 6284 viewsHerbivore

Jackson's off then on 09:23 - Jul 30 by Horsham

We signed him off the back of him having a very good season playing as a right sided forward at Accrington. If Lambert thinks he can't play in that system it's further evidence of his ineptitude in all honesty. Jackson is made for playing as a wide forward imo, he works the chanels well and his delivery is decent as evidenced by the number of assists he got last season. He works bloody hard too so can track back when needed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson's off then on 09:30 - Jul 30 with 6274 viewskinnockers

Squit

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

Jackson's off then on 09:31 - Jul 30 with 6263 viewsPhilTWTD

Jackson's off then on 09:19 - Jul 30 by portmanking

In what respect would you be very surprised re. Clarke-Harris, Phil? Transfer fee would be doable if Jackson went, no? Or are you alluding to his temperament/personality?

Just from what I've heard. Certainly if there's no one sold Town are hugely unlikely to pay a fee anything like the reported £700,000 wanted. Think we will be looking at the free market which is bigger than ever this summer.
Jackson's off then on 09:34 - Jul 30 with 6202 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does seem a bit of a coincidence that this rumour breaks at the same time he's negotiating a contract. It does indeed seem to be normal agent stuff.

I wouldn't have thought he's in a good place to negotiate an improved contract considering the last was signed in the Championship and football has been rocked by coronavirus.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Jackson's off then on 09:34 - Jul 30 with 6197 viewsParky

£2m?!?! Wouldn’t even get half of that.
Jackson's off then on 09:45 - Jul 30 with 6093 viewsclive_baker

Every player in our squad has a price, and at £2m you're probably getting close to Jackson's to be fair, if there is any truth in this.

He's a rare commodity in that he's absolutely rapid, which we didn't have much else of last season in Norwood, Keane and an ageing and for the most part injured Sears. Think it really depends on what system Lambert wants to adopt. The fact that question is still being asked after his 18 months here tells you what you need to know about his contribution tbh. I felt for Jackson last season, a lot of his work was with his back to goal, in the channels or deep, which isn't where you want him. We didn't create much for the forward players to go off, he's really a player you want turning their back 4 with balls in behind, working the channels and getting to the byline, creating and scoring. Not in the 'McGoldrick' role with his back to goal. That isn't where he's at his most dangerous and his touch and technique was often found wanting. He should be playing off the shoulder of the last defender and causing havoc with his pace.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jackson's off then on 09:45 - Jul 30 with 6086 viewsStokieBlue

Jackson's off then on 09:34 - Jul 30 by Parky

£2m?!?! Wouldn’t even get half of that.

You seem to be confirming the point in my original post.

Can you give your reasoning?

SB

Jackson's off then on 09:47 - Jul 30 with 6048 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I have no issue with Jackson leaving. We paid over the odds for him from Accrington, would imagine you are more likely to get a higher six figure sum than anywhere near the £2m mark.

Can see him replacing Ivan Toney at Posh when he leaves.

I wouldn't mind him going if get Armand Gnaduillet on a free, now that would be good business.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Jackson's off then on 09:48 - Jul 30 with 6049 viewsportmanking

Jackson's off then on 09:30 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

We signed him off the back of him having a very good season playing as a right sided forward at Accrington. If Lambert thinks he can't play in that system it's further evidence of his ineptitude in all honesty. Jackson is made for playing as a wide forward imo, he works the chanels well and his delivery is decent as evidenced by the number of assists he got last season. He works bloody hard too so can track back when needed.

Would tend to agree that a front three of Lankester-Norwood-Jackson is the best we've got at present in that system.
Jackson's off then on 09:53 - Jul 30 with 5995 viewsKieran_Knows

Jackson's off then on 09:45 - Jul 30 by StokieBlue

You seem to be confirming the point in my original post.

Can you give your reasoning?

SB

Has he shown that he is a £2m player?

Jackson's off then on 09:54 - Jul 30 with 5990 viewsclive_baker

Jackson's off then on 09:47 - Jul 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

I have no issue with Jackson leaving. We paid over the odds for him from Accrington, would imagine you are more likely to get a higher six figure sum than anywhere near the £2m mark.

I wouldn't mind him going if get Armand Gnaduillet on a free, now that would be good business.

Armand Gnaduillet would give me a massive stiffy, not just because I really rate him but he's exactly what we need IMO. If we're going to play that system with him spearheading, and get some busy kids off him in Lankester, Dobra, El Mizouni etc. The likes of Downes / Bishop / Dozzell behind them.

That starts to look naughty.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jackson's off then on 09:54 - Jul 30 with 5974 viewsStokieBlue

Jackson's off then on 09:47 - Jul 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

That post is one big contradiction.

You would be happy for him to leave, for a six figure sum, but you feel he would be a suitable and acceptable replacement for Toney at Posh.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024