Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best team, where does Jackson fit? 10:16 - Jul 30 with 8354 viewsBluefish

Holy

KVY Chambers Woolf Nydam/Kenlock
Dozzell/Skuse
Downes Huws
Lankester Bishop/El Miz Dobra
Norwood

Considering he was a big cost and still has a resale value he needs to be definite 1st xi

Subs

Sears
Nolan
Dozzell/Skuse
Bishop/El Mizouni
Nydam/Kenlock
Wright/Przybek
Drinan/Morris/Folami/Simpson

Pointless

Nsiala
Edwards
Donacien
Wilson
Judge
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 10:17]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 10:17 - Jul 30 with 5036 viewsCoco

you have forgotten Judge! I ALWAYS FORGET JUDGE!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 10:19 - Jul 30 with 5027 viewsBluefish

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 10:17 - Jul 30 by Coco

you have forgotten Judge! I ALWAYS FORGET JUDGE!

sorry just added him in but I find it telling how forgettable he is

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 10:20 - Jul 30 with 5018 viewsCoco

ah you added him.

I see a front four something like this:

Lankester(no josh carson yet) ..........Bishop (never fit).............Jackson

................................................Norwood (crap)

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 10:22 - Jul 30 with 5000 viewsPinewoodblue

Don’t think we would get away with starting a game with TWELVE players.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 10:22 - Jul 30 with 4993 viewsDennyx4

Has your first choice 11 - got 12 players in a 41231?

For me Jackson can only play either wide in a 433 or 4231 or up front in a two (442, 352 etc)
Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 10:23 - Jul 30 with 4987 viewsBluefish

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 10:22 - Jul 30 by Pinewoodblue

Don’t think we would get away with starting a game with TWELVE players.

FFS I always do that! I did it last season too, I think we just need extra help

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:11 - Jul 30 with 4873 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

You can't shoehorn someone into a system because they cost a lot of dough, you have to look at what is best for the team. I believe Lambert prefers the 4-2-3-1, and Jackson is not a sole striker, nor is he a wide man.

Wouldn't have any issue him leaving, turning down a new contract just solidifies this opinion for me.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:14 - Jul 30 with 4864 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra and Lankester have a lot to prove to be ahead of him in the pecking order still, he fits in our best XI for me.

Problem is with the manager we don't know what style he wants us to play, if it is 2 up front then he definitely starts, if it is a front 3 then he starts, if it is a 4231 then more of a question....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:17 - Jul 30 with 4840 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:14 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

Dobra and Lankester have a lot to prove to be ahead of him in the pecking order still, he fits in our best XI for me.

Problem is with the manager we don't know what style he wants us to play, if it is 2 up front then he definitely starts, if it is a front 3 then he starts, if it is a 4231 then more of a question....

We do need to see what system Lambert is going to use, and only Lambert could answer that, if it is a central 1 up top then I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

If he is going to go with 4-4-2 / 3-5-2, Jackson has to stay as he would be in that best XI.

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:20 - Jul 30 with 4823 viewsitfcjoe

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:17 - Jul 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

We do need to see what system Lambert is going to use, and only Lambert could answer that, if it is a central 1 up top then I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

If he is going to go with 4-4-2 / 3-5-2, Jackson has to stay as he would be in that best XI.

I think we'd rather lose Norwood, but that is a harder deal to do

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:21 - Jul 30 with 4812 viewsBluefish

Definitely starts in a 2 but not in a 3 for me. Not saying he can't play the wide roles but he also hasn't showed that he can. He Definitely can't play the central role.

Lankester showed plenty in his time, he looked a far more rounded player than Jackson. Dobra needs the game time to flourish or he will be another Dozzell. Full of promise but never trusted to fulfil.

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:24 - Jul 30 with 4803 viewsBluefish

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:20 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

I think we'd rather lose Norwood, but that is a harder deal to do

*gulp*

More visions of lambo playing jackson and judge as target men again

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:47 - Jul 30 with 4775 viewsHerbivore

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:21 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

Definitely starts in a 2 but not in a 3 for me. Not saying he can't play the wide roles but he also hasn't showed that he can. He Definitely can't play the central role.

Lankester showed plenty in his time, he looked a far more rounded player than Jackson. Dobra needs the game time to flourish or he will be another Dozzell. Full of promise but never trusted to fulfil.

He played as a right sided forward at Accrington. The only reason he's not played there here is Lambert's refusal to adopt a system that best suits the players at his disposal. If you look at how Jackson plays most of his work is in the wide forward chanels rather than in the centre, he's well suited to that role and sets up a lot of chances and goals from those areas.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:50 - Jul 30 with 4767 viewsHerbivore

This. Lankester hasn't played in 18 months and Dobra has played just minutes in the league for us. They both have huge potential but putting both ahead of Jackson is a bit odd. I think Jackson takes one side and those two rotate on the other side. I think he'd be fine in a 4-2-3-1 as well if the number 10 is someone like Bishop or El Miz as they can comfortably drop in to make it more of a 4-3-3.

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:51 - Jul 30 with 4759 viewsitfcjoe

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:47 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

He played as a right sided forward at Accrington. The only reason he's not played there here is Lambert's refusal to adopt a system that best suits the players at his disposal. If you look at how Jackson plays most of his work is in the wide forward chanels rather than in the centre, he's well suited to that role and sets up a lot of chances and goals from those areas.

I thought he played in a front 2 with Billy Kee?

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:54 - Jul 30 with 4732 viewsHerbivore

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:51 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

Seem to remember reading a lot at the time that it was more of a three with him on the right. I could be wrong but definitely recall a lot of talk of him being a right sided forward more so than an out and out striker.

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:55 - Jul 30 with 4723 viewshaynes_toe1

Agree with this.

I certainly don't think either Dobra or Lankester have earnt the right to automatically start ahead of Jackson. His goal / assist contribution requires either to be very consistent at a young age to deliver similar.
Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:02 - Jul 30 with 4708 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:51 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

He did play in a front 2 with Billy Kee.

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:03 - Jul 30 with 4699 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:55 - Jul 30 by haynes_toe1

Agree with this.

I certainly don't think either Dobra or Lankester have earnt the right to automatically start ahead of Jackson. His goal / assist contribution requires either to be very consistent at a young age to deliver similar.

But they aren't competing for the same position?

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:06 - Jul 30 with 4688 viewsHerbivore

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:03 - Jul 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

But they aren't competing for the same position?

They are if we play a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. Nobody is suggesting Jackson plays as a lone central striker but he could be very effective as a wide forward in those systems.

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:09 - Jul 30 with 4673 viewslongtimefan

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 11:17 - Jul 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

“ We do need to see what system Lambert is going to use, and only Lambert could answer that”

The trouble is he can’t answer it either judging by last season.
Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:11 - Jul 30 with 4664 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:09 - Jul 30 by longtimefan

“ We do need to see what system Lambert is going to use, and only Lambert could answer that”

The trouble is he can’t answer it either judging by last season.

Possibly not haha judging by last season! Although think his intention as previously mentioned was to go into last season using the 4-2-3-1, injuries hampered that, think with a fully fit squad it is what he will be looking at.

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:13 - Jul 30 with 4656 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:06 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

They are if we play a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. Nobody is suggesting Jackson plays as a lone central striker but he could be very effective as a wide forward in those systems.

If we play a 4-3-3, or a 4-2-3-1. Jackson won't be competing for a wide spot, he's not a winger, its just another Freddie Sears scenario, shoehorning a central striker into a wide position.

Hasn't worked out to well for Freddie, suggest it wouldn't for Jackson either.

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:17 - Jul 30 with 4642 viewsHerbivore

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:13 - Jul 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

If we play a 4-3-3, or a 4-2-3-1. Jackson won't be competing for a wide spot, he's not a winger, its just another Freddie Sears scenario, shoehorning a central striker into a wide position.

Hasn't worked out to well for Freddie, suggest it wouldn't for Jackson either.

Disagree. Jackson has all the attributes to play as a wide forward and in that system you need at least one wide forward rather than a traditional winger otherwise the striker gets isolated. Sears has also played well plenty of times as a wide forward, he struggled more when asked to play wide in a 4-4-2 but when we've played 3 up top he's been very effective as a wide forward.

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:19 - Jul 30 with 4638 viewsclive_baker

Best team, where does Jackson fit? on 12:02 - Jul 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

He did play in a front 2 with Billy Kee.

I think that's right as they've had that Clarke on the wing who looked very dangerous for them last season on the occasions I saw him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024