Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie Sears 10:51 - Jul 30 with 7606 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Freddie Sears on 10:57 - Jul 30 with 6165 viewsportmanking

It's an interesting point to make. He could certainly do a job on the wide left of a front three. Depending on Jackson's future, you could potentially have:

Sears - Norwood - Lankester

This would allow Lankester to cut in on his left and do more damage that way.
Freddie Sears on 10:59 - Jul 30 with 6151 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Good question, only Lambert knows the answer on where he sees Freddie these days. He had a little purple patch when Lambert came in. was involved in 11 goals in our worst Championship season ever, still recovering from injury last year.

He's going to be 31 in November, he's not the future of the club long term, but would imagine Lambert sees some sort of role for him next year.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Freddie Sears on 11:00 - Jul 30 with 6148 viewsWickets

I am sure a fit Freddy will get plenty of game time this coming season .
Freddie Sears on 11:02 - Jul 30 with 6129 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Freddie Sears on 10:57 - Jul 30 by portmanking

It's an interesting point to make. He could certainly do a job on the wide left of a front three. Depending on Jackson's future, you could potentially have:

Sears - Norwood - Lankester

This would allow Lankester to cut in on his left and do more damage that way.

I think this is probably the case.

For me in a 4-2-3-1 it could be:

Norwood
Sears - Bishop - Lankester

But hopefully we will see Mizouni / Dobra rotated with Sears / Bishop for both development and the maintain fitness.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Freddie Sears on 11:22 - Jul 30 with 6057 viewsitfcjoe

Sears was looking really good as a wide forward after Lambert came in in the league above - if we could get a front 3 of Sears - Norwood - Jackson fit and firing we'd be a serious outfit going forwards.

The youngsters have their part to play, but if Sears is back and sharp he's streets ahead of most of our other options for a wide striker

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Freddie Sears on 11:34 - Jul 30 with 6021 viewsBLUEBEAT

Sears is our best frontman

Will hopefully stay fit and is well over his longterm injury

Poll: W or W

Freddie just needs to.... on 11:37 - Jul 30 with 6017 viewsBloots

....get his pace back after his injury.

He's a better finisher than any of our "senior" strikers.

If he gets a run at the start of the season he'll be our top scorer next season.

There, I've said it.

Quote me.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Freddie Sears on 12:00 - Jul 30 with 5968 viewsthatdamgood89

I get the feeling he isn't rated all that highly by Lambert. Wide left he looked ok but he isn't anywhere near the consistent level to be a regular in that position. He also won't directly test a fullback with speed and trickery.

If Lambert wants a third senior striker it would suggest Lambert doesn't prefer him there.

30, following a major injury I do think his days here are numbered which is a shame as I like Freddie.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Login to get fewer ads

Freddie just needs to.... on 12:05 - Jul 30 with 5947 viewsBlueBadger

Freddie just needs to.... on 11:37 - Jul 30 by Bloots

....get his pace back after his injury.

He's a better finisher than any of our "senior" strikers.

If he gets a run at the start of the season he'll be our top scorer next season.

There, I've said it.

Quote me.

So, you're confident that Lambert will be bringing off the bench with 5 minutes to go in every game then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Freddie Sears on 12:27 - Jul 30 with 5881 viewsitfcjoe

Freddie Sears on 12:00 - Jul 30 by thatdamgood89

I get the feeling he isn't rated all that highly by Lambert. Wide left he looked ok but he isn't anywhere near the consistent level to be a regular in that position. He also won't directly test a fullback with speed and trickery.

If Lambert wants a third senior striker it would suggest Lambert doesn't prefer him there.

30, following a major injury I do think his days here are numbered which is a shame as I like Freddie.

Lambert played him there as week in week out and he got 6 or 7 goals from that position and looked one of the players to benefit from Lambert's arrival. He then had the bad injury in February and even after that Lambert gave him a new contract so can't see he doesn't rate him

He just didn't get fit last year, with a running start into this season if he hasn't been too adversely affected by the injury he'll be one Lambert is laying his hat on to improve from last years sh*tshow

I didn't say how many..... on 12:28 - Jul 30 with 5868 viewsBloots

Freddie just needs to.... on 12:05 - Jul 30 by BlueBadger

So, you're confident that Lambert will be bringing off the bench with 5 minutes to go in every game then?

....goals it would take to be our top scorer.

12 will probably do it.

Maybe 10 or 11.

As long as Shambert.... on 12:30 - Jul 30 with 5860 viewsBloots

Freddie Sears on 12:27 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

Lambert played him there as week in week out and he got 6 or 7 goals from that position and looked one of the players to benefit from Lambert's arrival. He then had the bad injury in February and even after that Lambert gave him a new contract so can't see he doesn't rate him

He just didn't get fit last year, with a running start into this season if he hasn't been too adversely affected by the injury he'll be one Lambert is laying his hat on to improve from last years sh*tshow

....doesn't want to take photos of him in his pants then Freddie is good to go.

Pantsgate.

I didn't say how many..... on 12:32 - Jul 30 with 5850 viewsBlueBadger

I didn't say how many..... on 12:28 - Jul 30 by Bloots

....goals it would take to be our top scorer.

12 will probably do it.

Maybe 10 or 11.

He'll have Alan Judge and Jon Nolan Supplying the bullets.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Freddie Sears on 12:33 - Jul 30 with 5840 viewsthatdamgood89

Respectfully disagree but It's not a hill I'm going to die on

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Freddie Sears on 12:38 - Jul 30 with 5828 viewsLibero

It's worth remembering that Sears also managed a solid goals return for Colchester when he played in League One with them. 102 appearances, 31 goals.

When we signed him he was in a real purple patch which he carried over into the Championship, averaging about a goal every other game for us in 2014-15.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 12:39]
Freddie Sears on 12:40 - Jul 30 with 5808 viewsitfcjoe

Freddie Sears on 12:33 - Jul 30 by thatdamgood89

Respectfully disagree but It's not a hill I'm going to die on

On what basis though?

Freddie Sears on 12:41 - Jul 30 with 5803 viewsclive_baker

Freddie Sears on 12:00 - Jul 30 by thatdamgood89

He was a regular pre injury under Lambert and he brought him back into the fold as soon as he was fit again post injury. Not sure there's any evidence at all that PL doesn't rate him, quite the contrary.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Freddie Sears on 12:43 - Jul 30 with 5785 viewsthatdamgood89

Freddie Sears on 12:40 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

On what basis though?

All about opinions.

I like Freddie for what it's worth. He'd play 20 minutes up top against most defenders in this league every week for me.

Freddie Sears on 12:57 - Jul 30 with 5737 viewsGarv

If he's back to where he was in 2018/19 fitness wise we should be absolutely looking to keep him and use him, in my opinion. I don't foresee a situation in which he moves on to be honest.

I think him being out for the whole of last season pretty much went under the radar in terms of things we were missing going into the season. Probably because he did it in the February so it wasn't such a hammer blow like Bishop's was for example - days before the Burton game.

Not saying he should play every game, but he proved even at the back end of this season he can pop up with a goal despite being way off fitness wise. He should have also scored the winner at Blackpool but sadly decided to try and fart the ball into the goal instead of kicking it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Freddie Sears on 13:01 - Jul 30 with 5709 viewsitfcjoe

Freddie Sears on 12:57 - Jul 30 by Garv

If he's back to where he was in 2018/19 fitness wise we should be absolutely looking to keep him and use him, in my opinion. I don't foresee a situation in which he moves on to be honest.

I think him being out for the whole of last season pretty much went under the radar in terms of things we were missing going into the season. Probably because he did it in the February so it wasn't such a hammer blow like Bishop's was for example - days before the Burton game.

Not saying he should play every game, but he proved even at the back end of this season he can pop up with a goal despite being way off fitness wise. He should have also scored the winner at Blackpool but sadly decided to try and fart the ball into the goal instead of kicking it.

I think Sears and Lankester mssing the whole season were two big issues as they are our wide forward options in reality

Freddie Sears on 13:03 - Jul 30 with 5691 viewsHerbivore

Freddie Sears on 11:02 - Jul 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think this is probably the case.

For me in a 4-2-3-1 it could be:

Norwood
Sears - Bishop - Lankester

But hopefully we will see Mizouni / Dobra rotated with Sears / Bishop for both development and the maintain fitness.

On the other thread just now you were saying moving Sears out wide didn't work well for him. Make your mind up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Freddie Sears on 14:16 - Jul 30 with 5596 viewsdavblue

Freddie Sears on 11:22 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

Sears was looking really good as a wide forward after Lambert came in in the league above - if we could get a front 3 of Sears - Norwood - Jackson fit and firing we'd be a serious outfit going forwards.

The youngsters have their part to play, but if Sears is back and sharp he's streets ahead of most of our other options for a wide striker

is there enough nous there in that front 3 against well drilled teams? They are all pretty one dimensional players need a few artists in the team to help creativity.
Freddie Sears on 14:20 - Jul 30 with 5590 viewsGarv

Freddie Sears on 13:01 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

I think Sears and Lankester mssing the whole season were two big issues as they are our wide forward options in reality

Massively. A large part of optimism going into the season was the hope that the likes of Lankester and Bishop would get chances and thrive against lesser opposition than they'd faced before, and I think most would agree Sears would be back a level he could score goals at regularly. We saw precious little of any of them.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Freddie Sears on 15:25 - Jul 30 with 5526 viewsIpswichKnight

Freddie Sears on 14:16 - Jul 30 by davblue

is there enough nous there in that front 3 against well drilled teams? They are all pretty one dimensional players need a few artists in the team to help creativity.

This was part of the problem last season in that we had no one who carried the ball past players we could only try to pass it around or lump it over the top of them. Hopefully the likes of Dobra, El-Miz, Bishop and Lankester can bring a different dimension to our game this season.
Freddie Sears on 15:28 - Jul 30 with 5514 viewsPhilTWTD

Freddie Sears on 12:38 - Jul 30 by Libero

It's worth remembering that Sears also managed a solid goals return for Colchester when he played in League One with them. 102 appearances, 31 goals.

When we signed him he was in a real purple patch which he carried over into the Championship, averaging about a goal every other game for us in 2014-15.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 12:39]

14 for Col U in half a season: https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=48880&season_id=144
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024