Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie Sears 10:51 - Jul 30 with 7603 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Freddie Sears on 15:34 - Jul 30 with 1403 viewsLibero

Freddie Sears on 15:28 - Jul 30 by PhilTWTD

14 for Col U in half a season: https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=48880&season_id=144

Yes, he had quite the season, especially when you consider how he hit the ground running here!
Freddie Sears on 16:43 - Jul 30 with 1372 viewsJ2BLUE

I rate Sears. If he gets fully fit he'll be a class act. As Joe says, a front three of Sears Norwood Jackson looks pretty good.

We just need some defenders. A solid, no nonsense brick sh1thouse to play alongside Woolf and a LB. The CB looks fairly unlikely with the four we have but it's better to pay for an extra defender than see our promotion hopes derailed.

I don't mind Kenlock. Solid enough but if we could get an upgrade it would be good. Garbutt probably isn't coming back.

Oh and please, no more young loan keepers. Try and loan in an older experienced keeper who is happy to be #2. Give Holy the #1 shirt and stop changing it around for no reason.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Freddie Sears on 16:46 - Jul 30 with 1365 viewsLibero

Freddie Sears on 16:43 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

I rate Sears. If he gets fully fit he'll be a class act. As Joe says, a front three of Sears Norwood Jackson looks pretty good.

We just need some defenders. A solid, no nonsense brick sh1thouse to play alongside Woolf and a LB. The CB looks fairly unlikely with the four we have but it's better to pay for an extra defender than see our promotion hopes derailed.

I don't mind Kenlock. Solid enough but if we could get an upgrade it would be good. Garbutt probably isn't coming back.

Oh and please, no more young loan keepers. Try and loan in an older experienced keeper who is happy to be #2. Give Holy the #1 shirt and stop changing it around for no reason.

Come home Tommy Smith.
Freddie Sears on 16:48 - Jul 30 with 1357 viewsJ2BLUE

Freddie Sears on 16:46 - Jul 30 by Libero

Come home Tommy Smith.

Smith and Woolf.

Make this happen Lambo.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Freddie Sears on 09:44 - Jul 31 with 1275 viewsGarv

I'd be tempted to say I'd rather see us try and persevere with Kenlock at LB than throw Garbutt back in there, even if he was likely to come, which he isn't. I didn't really like him playing that far back, albeit he was useful to have in general for set pieces.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Freddie Sears on 09:47 - Jul 31 with 1268 viewsHerbivore

Freddie Sears on 09:44 - Jul 31 by Garv

I'd be tempted to say I'd rather see us try and persevere with Kenlock at LB than throw Garbutt back in there, even if he was likely to come, which he isn't. I didn't really like him playing that far back, albeit he was useful to have in general for set pieces.

Garbutt really isn't a left back. He's not strong enough defensively for that role. I wasn't all that keen on him as a wing back, his best performances for us were on the left of midfield and that for me is his best role. That said, I think he lacks the pace needed to really make it in that role as well. He's a very tidy player but doesn't have the specific attributes needed to go far playing in any one position.

That said, Kenlock is rubbish and I hope we sign a more capable left back. Kenlock isn't a kid anymore and he's played a good number of games but doesn't seem to have improved at all and I'm not sure he's good enough even for this level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Freddie Sears on 11:07 - Jul 31 with 1242 viewsDennyx4

Freddie Sears on 09:47 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

Garbutt really isn't a left back. He's not strong enough defensively for that role. I wasn't all that keen on him as a wing back, his best performances for us were on the left of midfield and that for me is his best role. That said, I think he lacks the pace needed to really make it in that role as well. He's a very tidy player but doesn't have the specific attributes needed to go far playing in any one position.

That said, Kenlock is rubbish and I hope we sign a more capable left back. Kenlock isn't a kid anymore and he's played a good number of games but doesn't seem to have improved at all and I'm not sure he's good enough even for this level.

I agree partly, that he isn't a great defender - but do we need one at left back, when most teams have sat pretty deep against us. Non-defensive full backs work pretty well for teams looking to take the game to the opposition. (Liverpool / Man City - Norwich in the Championship)

The other myth that seems to get spouted out a lot is that Garbutt was better for us playing left midfield. He only started left midfield for us twice last season and one of those he was substituted in the first half (admittedly after scoring).
Freddie Sears on 11:11 - Jul 31 with 1234 viewsDennyx4

That front three if all fit and firing would be very good at League 1 level. Shame we didn't take Murphy last season, would have been ideal to lead the line.
Login to get fewer ads

Freddie Sears on 11:48 - Jul 31 with 1211 viewsHerbivore

Freddie Sears on 11:07 - Jul 31 by Dennyx4

I agree partly, that he isn't a great defender - but do we need one at left back, when most teams have sat pretty deep against us. Non-defensive full backs work pretty well for teams looking to take the game to the opposition. (Liverpool / Man City - Norwich in the Championship)

The other myth that seems to get spouted out a lot is that Garbutt was better for us playing left midfield. He only started left midfield for us twice last season and one of those he was substituted in the first half (admittedly after scoring).

Liverpool and Man City have full backs that can still do the defensive work well enough. I'm not sure Garbutt can. He's not that quick so his positional deficiencies get shown up at times and he's not much of one for getting stuck in, he's not a natural defender. I wouldn't have him back here as a left back.

Freddie Sears on 11:51 - Jul 31 with 1207 viewsDennyx4

Freddie Sears on 11:48 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

Liverpool and Man City have full backs that can still do the defensive work well enough. I'm not sure Garbutt can. He's not that quick so his positional deficiencies get shown up at times and he's not much of one for getting stuck in, he's not a natural defender. I wouldn't have him back here as a left back.

Ideally we could do with another KVY type that can play left back, with the pace to get back and support defensively, but offers much more going forward.
Freddie Sears on 11:51 - Jul 31 with 1207 viewsLibero

Freddie Sears on 11:48 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

I think we have to understand that if a defender can proficiently attack and defend with equal capability they probably won't be playing for Ipswich Town for very long.
Freddie Sears on 11:58 - Jul 31 with 1197 viewsHerbivore

Freddie Sears on 11:51 - Jul 31 by Libero

I think we have to understand that if a defender can proficiently attack and defend with equal capability they probably won't be playing for Ipswich Town for very long.

This is true and was obviously the case with our last few left backs, all moving on to better things than ITFC. But even having a full back that can defend competently and offer something going forward for a year or two would do us the world of good. They are out there. I seem to remember the AFC Wimbledon left back/left wing back looking reasonably handy against us.

Freddie Sears on 18:50 - Jul 31 with 1158 viewsShawsey

A fit Freddie Sears should start. Potentially our top scorer this season, if we can get a full season out of him.
Freddie Sears on 21:37 - Jul 31 with 1133 viewsmidastouch

I don't think Freddie has ever managed to score double figures for us in a single season.  If he could stay fit I'd like to think he could manage it in League One.  However, I'm not sure if he'll ever look as sharp again as when he first joined us from Colchester.  He was looking good for a while under Lambert, the screamer away to Aston Villa springs to mind.  But he's another one that hasn't had much luck with injuries for a while now.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Freddie just needs to.... on 21:42 - Jul 31 with 1104 viewsNthQldITFC

Freddie just needs to.... on 11:37 - Jul 30 by Bloots

....get his pace back after his injury.

He's a better finisher than any of our "senior" strikers.

If he gets a run at the start of the season he'll be our top scorer next season.

There, I've said it.

Quote me.

Bloots said, and you can quote me on this, the above.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 21:43]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024