Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front 13:37 - Jul 30 with 3823 viewsHipsterectomy

then additional add ons. Add in their parachute payments and likely other sales and it's incredible the financial gap that continues to widen.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 13:48 - Jul 30 with 3738 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 13:49 - Jul 30 with 3723 viewsKieran_Knows

It was reported yesterday also that they still owe £81m to clubs for players they've signed over the last couple of years, but are only expecting £5m in from players they've sold.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:11 - Jul 30 with 3635 viewsLibero

Nathan Ake is a hell of signing for City, he would walk into any of England's top clubs starting eleven, bar maybe Liverpool.
Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:14 - Jul 30 with 3620 viewsRobTheMonk

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:11 - Jul 30 by Libero

Nathan Ake is a hell of signing for City, he would walk into any of England's top clubs starting eleven, bar maybe Liverpool.

I wonder if City will offload Stones or Otemendi.
Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:20 - Jul 30 with 3591 viewsLibero

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:14 - Jul 30 by RobTheMonk

I wonder if City will offload Stones or Otemendi.

They've spent a lot of this season playing a midfielder in defence!
Stones, Otemendi, Ake, Laporte, Garcia - 5 senior centre backs, two of whom have had niggling injury issues. I think they'll try and keep them all.

Ake's offers balance, very comfortable on the ball and left footed, I think Laporte is the only other left footed centre half they have and he's been out with injuries.
Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:26 - Jul 30 with 3547 viewspointofblue

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:20 - Jul 30 by Libero

They've spent a lot of this season playing a midfielder in defence!
Stones, Otemendi, Ake, Laporte, Garcia - 5 senior centre backs, two of whom have had niggling injury issues. I think they'll try and keep them all.

Ake's offers balance, very comfortable on the ball and left footed, I think Laporte is the only other left footed centre half they have and he's been out with injuries.

Can see Stones and Otamendi being moved on with another central defender brought in along with Ake. Guardiola clearly doesn’t rate either of them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:37 - Jul 30 with 3511 viewsLibero

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:26 - Jul 30 by pointofblue

Can see Stones and Otamendi being moved on with another central defender brought in along with Ake. Guardiola clearly doesn’t rate either of them.

"Guardiola clearly doesn't rate either of them" - show your working
Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:39 - Jul 30 with 3503 viewshaynes_toe1

They're not a great example of the financial gap widening.

Estimated wage bill of £120m

Still owe approx £80m in transfer fees.

Until Ake were only owed about £5m coming in.

Still going to have to significantly sell to make things work for them.
Login to get fewer ads

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 15:01 - Jul 30 with 3444 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:37 - Jul 30 by Libero

When they were both fit earlier in the season with laporte injured, he played Fernandinho in defence with either one or none of them.

Stones apparently going to Arsenal.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 15:08 - Jul 30 with 3421 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:37 - Jul 30 by Libero

I think it’s fairly apparent with Stones - he hasn’t been first choice for some time and rarely gets selected for big games

Otamendi I think probably isn’t his ideal type of centre back but someone he still trusts - but would probably come down more to whether he is happy to stick around in a squad role again (although he did make nearly 40 appearances last year so not like he’s been warming the bench all the time)

One will definitely go - probably Stones
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 15:10]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 15:36 - Jul 30 with 3330 viewsLibero

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 15:01 - Jul 30 by JammyDodgerrr

When they were both fit earlier in the season with laporte injured, he played Fernandinho in defence with either one or none of them.

Blimey, I take it back then - I was under the impression Fernandinho was playing there purely due to injuries to others!
Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 15:58 - Jul 30 with 3283 viewsSuperblue95

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 15:01 - Jul 30 by JammyDodgerrr

A Stones and Luiz partnership at Arsenal would be fantastic. 50 yard diagonal balls followed by calamitous defending on a regular basis.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 16:17 - Jul 30 with 3227 viewsHalf_Idiot

Cracking user name! Is it safe to assume you're a Touche Amore fan?
Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 16:26 - Jul 30 with 3200 viewsElephantintheRoom

Au contraire. They have been spending tens of millions they do not have and are firmly saddled with the spineless players who got them relegated. Expect them to follow the path of others with the massive advantage of parachute payments.... Sunderland, Portsmouth, Hull, Boro, Huddersfielf etc etc

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 18:36 - Jul 30 with 3080 viewsBryanPlug

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:39 - Jul 30 by haynes_toe1

They're not a great example of the financial gap widening.

Estimated wage bill of £120m

Still owe approx £80m in transfer fees.

Until Ake were only owed about £5m coming in.

Still going to have to significantly sell to make things work for them.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 19:51 - Jul 30 with 2987 viewsBlueNomad

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 18:36 - Jul 30 by BryanPlug

I’m not sure the Premiership is really worth aspiring to any more for most real football fans. Unless a club is huge it seems around five years is the best they can hope for. The odd win against a giant is great but they suffer more defeats than anything else. VAR is apparently worse than poor refereeing with fans having to wait before celebrating. It’s become a circus with the smaller clubs being cannon fodder for Chelsea fans in the Far East.

I know that some fans of the smaller Premiership clubs enjoy the ride but aren’t really too upset to get back to the real competition of the Championship. It’s a good league and I want us back there but won’t worry about not being at the top.

(Cue comments about not having to worry about us being near the top of the Championship which is not really pertinent to this reply)
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 19:57]
Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 22:40 - Jul 30 with 2830 viewstractordownsouth

They're in trouble financially. Their wages to turnover ratio is over 80%, I'm sure there will be clauses and Ramsdale, Lerma and King will be out the exit door to raise some funds but if Mr Demin gets bored they could be in bother. If I recall correctly, he charges hefty interest on his loans also.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 22:54 - Jul 30 with 2806 viewsbournemouthblue

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 22:40 - Jul 30 by tractordownsouth

They're in trouble financially. Their wages to turnover ratio is over 80%, I'm sure there will be clauses and Ramsdale, Lerma and King will be out the exit door to raise some funds but if Mr Demin gets bored they could be in bother. If I recall correctly, he charges hefty interest on his loans also.

That is absolutely mental really, it surely points back to Eddie Howe not quite being the magician the media will have you believe?

Harry Redknappesque

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 23:56 - Jul 30 with 2744 viewsSimonds92

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 14:11 - Jul 30 by Libero

He's been part of the worst defence in prem history (i think i heard they are the only team to have conceded over 65 goals for 5 consecutive seasons) for the past 4 years. I dont watch them every week but surely to concede that many goals as a cb he cant be that great.
Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 06:47 - Jul 31 with 2625 viewsLibero

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 23:56 - Jul 30 by Simonds92

He's been part of the worst defence in prem history (i think i heard they are the only team to have conceded over 65 goals for 5 consecutive seasons) for the past 4 years. I dont watch them every week but surely to concede that many goals as a cb he cant be that great.

I also don’t watch them every week, but when I do watch them it’s clear that Nathan Ake possesses qualities that make him an outstanding ball playing centre half.
Trotting our how many goals they’ve conceded doesn’t diminish the clear and obvious quality that Ake has as a player.
Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 09:05 - Jul 31 with 2505 viewsRobTheMonk

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 15:58 - Jul 30 by Superblue95

A Stones and Luiz partnership at Arsenal would be fantastic. 50 yard diagonal balls followed by calamitous defending on a regular basis.

Tierney will be there to save the day.
Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 09:22 - Jul 31 with 2485 viewsLibero

Bmouth selling a player for £40 mill up front on 09:05 - Jul 31 by RobTheMonk

Tierney will be there to save the day.

Kieran's sh1t hot, not sure he's really got going yet at Arsenal but he has all the attributes to be a top Premier League player for years to come.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024