Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Geordies will be happy!! 15:42 - Jul 30 with 4985 viewsKeno

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Geordies will be happy!! on 14:13 - Jul 31 with 1235 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Geordies will be happy!! on 22:17 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

"they love their football here in Newcastle"

Unlike fans of every other club up and down the country/continent/world (universe?!?)

We have a global fan base but Newcastle lives for his football and it has millions of visitors a year solely for football.
Geordies will be happy!! on 14:14 - Jul 31 with 1235 viewsNewcyBlue

Geordies will be happy!! on 14:09 - Jul 31 by Libero

One of my mates, a Sunderland support, always watches South Shields when he heads for a trip home, prefers it to Sunderland these days, can't say I blame him.

He was threatening a lads weekend up there on the beers watching SSFC, before all this Covid-19 stuff, obviously.

If you come up on the beers to Shields let me know.

There’s a cracking real ale pub down near the customs house.

I love Shields. It’s a fantastic place to bring up kids. We are never short of options, and the coast is staggeringly pretty.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Geordies will be happy!! on 14:14 - Jul 31 with 1234 viewsDarth_Koont

Geordies will be happy!! on 14:11 - Jul 31 by newcastlefan1984

You go to Newcastle, listen to Local Hero, watch a Newcastle game when we used to have a real atmosphere, and a chairman and a manager who loved the club and witness a goal go in and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and you would come out of the game hoarse with a sore throat from chanting. That's what supporting Newcastle United is all about.

I'm sure the atmosphere is great. But how's that different from Celtic, Rangers, Liverpool etc.?

Every club and its fans is prone to thinking they're special. Perhaps not winning anything in so many years makes this particular myth even more necessary?

Pronouns: He/Him

Geordies will be happy!! on 14:16 - Jul 31 with 1221 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Geordies will be happy!! on 14:14 - Jul 31 by Darth_Koont

I'm sure the atmosphere is great. But how's that different from Celtic, Rangers, Liverpool etc.?

Every club and its fans is prone to thinking they're special. Perhaps not winning anything in so many years makes this particular myth even more necessary?

I am sorry fellow posters, I am just very upset and angry.

I just like you would for Ipswich want the best for Newcastle.
Geordies will be happy!! on 14:19 - Jul 31 with 1207 viewsDarth_Koont

Geordies will be happy!! on 14:16 - Jul 31 by newcastlefan1984

I am sorry fellow posters, I am just very upset and angry.

I just like you would for Ipswich want the best for Newcastle.

I've nothing against Newcastle - and you're probably right that you're on e of the loudest UK grounds when weveryone is on song.

I reacted to this: "We are like no other football club, you will never understand what it's like to support us."

Which seemed more than a little OTT.

Geordies will be happy!! on 14:37 - Jul 31 with 1175 viewsJ2BLUE

Geordies will be happy!! on 14:13 - Jul 31 by newcastlefan1984

We have a global fan base but Newcastle lives for his football and it has millions of visitors a year solely for football.

As someone else said, Newcastle means no more to your fans than other clubs mean to their fans.

Ask Bury fans.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Geordies will be happy!! on 15:37 - Jul 31 with 1146 viewsNewcyBlue

Geordies will be happy!! on 14:19 - Jul 31 by Darth_Koont

I've nothing against Newcastle - and you're probably right that you're on e of the loudest UK grounds when weveryone is on song.

I reacted to this: "We are like no other football club, you will never understand what it's like to support us."

Which seemed more than a little OTT.

It’s not OTT. It’s love.

I would say MrsN is like no other woman. You’ll never understand.

You’d probably say the same about MrsDK.

Although in reality both women probably have more patience than we deserve, and are both wonderful women.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Geordies will be happy!! on 18:06 - Jul 31 with 1108 viewsyesjohn99

Geordies will be happy!! on 14:11 - Jul 31 by newcastlefan1984

You go to Newcastle, listen to Local Hero, watch a Newcastle game when we used to have a real atmosphere, and a chairman and a manager who loved the club and witness a goal go in and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and you would come out of the game hoarse with a sore throat from chanting. That's what supporting Newcastle United is all about.

this applies to every football supporter on the planet when watching your team. You ain’t special.

Are you a Geordie?
Login to get fewer ads

Geordies will be happy!! on 20:33 - Jul 31 with 1060 viewssolemio

This may sound stupid (but it is also true) that the football team in Newcastle means more to the inhabitants of the city - even those who do not like football - than for any other city or large town with a professional football team.

It does not mean more to its fanatical supporters than is the case with any other professional football team to its fanatical supporters.

Evidence? (Come back sometime, Bully) I have interviewed every inhabitant of every town with a pro football team. Oh, all right...
Geordies will be happy!! on 10:36 - Aug 1 with 992 viewsDarth_Koont

Geordies will be happy!! on 15:37 - Jul 31 by NewcyBlue

It’s not OTT. It’s love.

I would say MrsN is like no other woman. You’ll never understand.

You’d probably say the same about MrsDK.

Although in reality both women probably have more patience than we deserve, and are both wonderful women.

Pah! That's nothing. I've got this little stunner on the side too.

Geordies will be happy!! on 20:22 - Aug 1 with 916 viewsnoggin

Geordies will be happy!! on 10:36 - Aug 1 by Darth_Koont

Best anthem in football.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Geordies will be happy!! on 20:24 - Aug 1 with 909 viewsnoggin

Geordies will be happy!! on 10:36 - Aug 1 by Darth_Koont

Hibs, big club? Just shows what any club means to it's fans. Newcastle are nothing special.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024