Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West 21:34 - Jul 30 with 27476 viewsElderGrizzly

And one that will be ignored by those it is imposed on
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:44 - Jul 31 with 2271 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:43 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

What am I wrong about? Derby voted leave, by a big margin: https://election.news.sky.com/referendum/derby-2788

You brought the Brexit vote into this to try to demonstrate some sort of superiority over people who live in Suffolk despite the fact you live in a pro-leave area too. I live in an area that voted remain, so I won't sit here tutting at foreigners but I will sit here tutting at what a total berk you are. I also live in an area with very low rates of Covid as lockdown has generally been observed well here and Covid had yet to reach exponential growth rates when we hit lockdown, so I am not surrounded by Covid and I'll continue behaving sensibly to do my bit to help that remain the case.

Despite you being one of the biggest berks I've encountered I genuinely hope your holiday doesn't have any negative consequences for you or others but I personally think that travelling on a packed plane and being in a packed airport during a pandemic is rather foolish and also entirely selfish.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 10:48]

Cheers enjoy being bitter and twisting things round. I'll send you some holiday snaps x

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:46 - Jul 31 with 2264 views26_Paz

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:43 - Jul 31 by m14_blue

Feel for you.

Rubbish to miss out on a holiday you've been looking forward to and be out of pocket too.

Covid sucks balls.

Thanks mate and it sure does! Hoping to still go somewhere though, hopefully so cheap mega last minute deals to somewhere like Greece or Croatia

The Paz Man

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:46 - Jul 31 with 2263 viewsHerbivore

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:40 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

I’m going to try and book somewhere else when I sort out the mess of my Ill fated Tenerife booking so may we’ll end up on a Greek island!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 10:41]

I thought you said you were taking the virus seriously?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:47 - Jul 31 with 2261 viewsStokieBlue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:36 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

Best thing you can do is get to a Greek island where it is safer

What about the people living on the Greek island?

Isn't it hugely selfish to increase their risk by you travelling there just so you can lay on a beach and pretend to understand your assyrtiko from your moschofilero.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:47 - Jul 31 with 2254 viewsHerbivore

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:42 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

He probably didn't. He probably listened to the guidance and used his judgement of when it was safe to touch it following the guidance given to him

Because our government's guidance has been really effective in controlling the virus so far.

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:47 - Jul 31 with 2251 views26_Paz

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:46 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

I thought you said you were taking the virus seriously?

I am, I just don’t think going to a place with minuscule levels of corona is risky

The Paz Man

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:48 - Jul 31 with 2241 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:44 - Jul 31 by Libero

Cor, well done Fishers, you've caught me. All this time I've been pretending and I'm actually a MASSIVE racist.

In my opinion to contain the threat we posses to other nations and to halt the spread of the virus we should have closed down all travel abroad and incoming visitors, yes. Similar to New Zealand who were referenced earlier in the thread.

I really, really hope that this is all an internet persona and that you're actually a decent bloke, but the manner in which you conduct yourself on here at times is f*cking shocking. I don't know how you haven't been banned yet.

Bless

You gome all [redacted]...please ban this nasty man because he disagrees with me

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:50 - Jul 31 with 2235 viewsStokieBlue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:46 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

Thanks mate and it sure does! Hoping to still go somewhere though, hopefully so cheap mega last minute deals to somewhere like Greece or Croatia

Your definition of "seriously" seems to differ from that of most people.

Doesn't look like you give a monkeys about anyone else to be honest as long as you can live your life in whatever way you please. Why would a somewhere with little C19 want you coming from the UK with more C19? Even if they do, should you not take on some responsibility to not be a possible vector?

This was all already obvious though from your use of "house arrest" earlier in the thread.

SB
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 10:52]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:51 - Jul 31 with 2229 viewsLibero

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:48 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

Bless

You gome all [redacted]...please ban this nasty man because he disagrees with me

No mate, I'm not waving the imaginary card, I'm just surprised you haven't been given your marching orders yet and I think insinuating I'm a racist is pretty close to the mark.

I think I give you more credit than others, I don't assume your an ignorant w@nker, I think you just enjoy the attention and reaction you get when you act the way you do/fnd yourself amusing.

Just try not to be a prize prat all the time, it'd be nice to hold at least one conversation where you're involved where it doesn't turn into this kind of mess.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:51 - Jul 31 with 2226 viewsHerbivore

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:44 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

Cheers enjoy being bitter and twisting things round. I'll send you some holiday snaps x

I'm not remotely bitter, I've wished you well on your travels. I just think you're also a total idiot and to be fair this thread alone is irrefutable evidence of that without having to delve into the numerous other times you've made yourself look a fool.

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:52 - Jul 31 with 2213 viewsHerbivore

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:47 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

I am, I just don’t think going to a place with minuscule levels of corona is risky

Are you teleporting there, mate?

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:52 - Jul 31 with 2210 viewsSeablu

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:33 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

I love the fact you are so happy in this despite being wrong and out of context.

I'll enjoy my holiday hopefully whilst you sit at home surrounded by covid tutting at foreigners.

Cheers

I don’t know where to start.
You admit Britain has had a shambles of a lockdown, yet you’re quite happy to jet off to an island with a very low infection rate and risk inflicting it on them. Anyone who doesn’t agree with this is a xenophobe.
Bewildering thought process there old boy.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 11:02 - Jul 31 with 2186 viewsLibero

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:35 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

I am taking it seriously, I’m not as stringent as you but I’m still taking it seriously

Appreciate that's how you see it mate, but you've posted multiple things on here to the contrary. I appreciate I was being very cautious, but it was an unpredictable movement into a social circle that I hadn't frequented for near 5 months, I didn't want to potentially make someone else sick or get sick myself, so I made sure I took measures to avoid this.

The measures I took are basic infection control measures that I was taught in various training sessions before Covid-19 was ever an issue.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 11:02]
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 11:03 - Jul 31 with 2178 viewsSeablu

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:47 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

What about the chance of you taking it with you and spreading it?
Utterly selfish, all about me attitude.
Doesn’t come as any surprise though.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 11:06 - Jul 31 with 2170 viewsellerblue

i agree with you to a point it is not about where you are going it is about how you get to that place, if you could walk ,cycle or even drive it might be a viable thought, would you go to a pub that seats 300 people with no social distancing? in fact you might end up sitting next to someone you dont know who might have the infection , if your answer to that is yes by all means go to greece etc. I was also booked to go to Crete in 2 weeks time but after a lot of thought no way the situation is very fluid at the moment whilst lying on the beach the situation could change overnight requiring isolation upon my return, i know it is hard i am lucky that i can drive to 7 different countries in a days drive but i dont. What would you rather lose your money or maybe your life, just wait and see what happens foreign holidays will return at some point safely just not at the moment. Did you pay for your flight by credit card if so you should get a refund . Take care.

Heinsberg Blue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 11:12 - Jul 31 with 2148 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:51 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

I'm not remotely bitter, I've wished you well on your travels. I just think you're also a total idiot and to be fair this thread alone is irrefutable evidence of that without having to delve into the numerous other times you've made yourself look a fool.

I think you are a really great guy that adds lots of value in a constructive way

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 11:18 - Jul 31 with 2135 viewsSwansea_Blue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:33 - Jul 31 by footers

"You sure are taking this seriously!"

Paz, 46,000 people in this country have died.

Hoax innit. They'd have died anyway. Balls.

Switching tack slightly, and I shouldn't be surprised, but it seems that a seemingly logical response to rising CV cases in some areas has turned into an excuse for muslim bashing.

It seems a pretty mixed bag to me. Rochdale has a reasonably high Asian community (11%), but Bury which is also affected is 92% white. Which is higher than Suffolk. For once couldn't this just be as it seem - a response to an alarming change seen in the recorded data?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 11:44 - Jul 31 with 2093 viewsHerbivore

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 11:12 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

I think you are a really great guy that adds lots of value in a constructive way

Well yeah, obviously.

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 11:49 - Jul 31 with 2073 viewsLibero

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 11:18 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

Hoax innit. They'd have died anyway. Balls.

Switching tack slightly, and I shouldn't be surprised, but it seems that a seemingly logical response to rising CV cases in some areas has turned into an excuse for muslim bashing.

It seems a pretty mixed bag to me. Rochdale has a reasonably high Asian community (11%), but Bury which is also affected is 92% white. Which is higher than Suffolk. For once couldn't this just be as it seem - a response to an alarming change seen in the recorded data?

Obviously different interest groups have and will use this as a way of pushing their agendas, I've personally tried to stay well clear of any of the discussions surrounding race and the pandemic as although it appears to me that it's more of a socio-economic issue as to why BAME people appear to disproportionately contract the virus, I actually don't know and it'd be stupid to push through with my theory beyond in passing conversation as frankly there is so much that we just don't understand yet!

Anyway, I digress, yeah, no excuse for racism, obviously. Pandemic or not.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 11:51 - Jul 31 with 2062 viewsgiant_stow

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 09:46 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

My starting point is that a few hicks on a football board aren't really best placed to overrule global guidance. Many people from suffolk will always be overly fearful of traveling and foreign things, it is why they voted for brexit despite very little immigration around them.

haha: all in!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 12:02 - Jul 31 with 2046 viewsSwansea_Blue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 11:49 - Jul 31 by Libero

Obviously different interest groups have and will use this as a way of pushing their agendas, I've personally tried to stay well clear of any of the discussions surrounding race and the pandemic as although it appears to me that it's more of a socio-economic issue as to why BAME people appear to disproportionately contract the virus, I actually don't know and it'd be stupid to push through with my theory beyond in passing conversation as frankly there is so much that we just don't understand yet!

There are two discussions around BAME issues, I suspect.

1. Their apparent greater susceptibility - this has the chance to be an reasonably cerebral argument as it needs to be informed by the medical science. And yeah, probably involves a broader discussion of socio-economic factors.

2. Whether we should accept the open, racist dogwhislting from those who seek to blame the BAME community for tightening of the lockdown measures. Conservative MP Craig Whittaker has just come out and blamed BAME for not taking covid seriously. Quite unbelievable really.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 12:16 - Jul 31 with 2009 viewsHerbivore

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 12:02 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

There are two discussions around BAME issues, I suspect.

1. Their apparent greater susceptibility - this has the chance to be an reasonably cerebral argument as it needs to be informed by the medical science. And yeah, probably involves a broader discussion of socio-economic factors.

2. Whether we should accept the open, racist dogwhislting from those who seek to blame the BAME community for tightening of the lockdown measures. Conservative MP Craig Whittaker has just come out and blamed BAME for not taking covid seriously. Quite unbelievable really.

It seemed to be implicit to me in Matt Hancock's tweet last night. He blamed most of the increase on people not following advice and the framing of the changes to lockdown (and arguably the timing) seems designed to heavily implicate the British Asian communities in these areas in particular.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 12:19]

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 12:16 - Jul 31 with 2009 viewsRadlett_blue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 11:49 - Jul 31 by Libero

Socio-economic issues are obviously going to play a big part in how the virus spreads more among certain groups. However, if anyone suggests anything else, even if factually and logically based, they will automatically be accused of racism.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 12:33 - Jul 31 with 1985 views26_Paz

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 10:52 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

Are you teleporting there, mate?

Nah, probably just get a flight

The Paz Man

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 12:39 - Jul 31 with 1970 viewsHerbivore

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 12:33 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

Nah, probably just get a flight

Then I'm not sure you're really taking this seriously.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024