Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West 21:34 - Jul 30 with 27429 viewsElderGrizzly

And one that will be ignored by those it is imposed on
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 14:58 - Jul 31 with 1250 viewsStokieBlue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 14:40 - Jul 31 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Can you learn to live with something that kills so may people?

Yes we need to try - it's called adaptation. If we do not try, I would like to know your strategy. printing money and keeping the young and healthy at home until a vaccine is not viable. Even forgetting the economic ruin for a moment, the social and philological damage will be so vast for tens of millions, that they are their family would have a 99+%chance of surviving in terms of the infection.

Can you trust everyone in society, no you can't but that is not my fault and it is not your fault either we just have to try our best.

In terms of the flu, I did not equate it to the flu, only you done that. I was talking about a vast amount of deaths that many vulnerable people succumb to.

Would you feel the same way if it killed younger people at the same rate or more than older people? Would you say they should be getting out or would you want them to be assisting in stopping you from getting a possibly deadly virus? I think it's very easy to take that view if you're in a low risk cohort.

I do agree that we need to have a strategy to move on but just saying "young people are low risk and should be allowed to do what they want" isn't viable. It has been shown that not using a staged easing like they have outside the US is total folly and results in lots more deaths and cases. Staged easing is the way forward with localised lock-downs and track and trace. Localised lockdowns probably have to be much harsher than you would want as your Victoria article shows.

Why would you equate the total deaths from numerous diseases without any measures to the deaths from a single disease with lockdown measures? It makes no sense at all. It's an equivalence deliberately constructed in order to support a pre-existing view.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 18:11 - Jul 31 with 1169 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 14:58 - Jul 31 by StokieBlue

Would you feel the same way if it killed younger people at the same rate or more than older people? Would you say they should be getting out or would you want them to be assisting in stopping you from getting a possibly deadly virus? I think it's very easy to take that view if you're in a low risk cohort.

I do agree that we need to have a strategy to move on but just saying "young people are low risk and should be allowed to do what they want" isn't viable. It has been shown that not using a staged easing like they have outside the US is total folly and results in lots more deaths and cases. Staged easing is the way forward with localised lock-downs and track and trace. Localised lockdowns probably have to be much harsher than you would want as your Victoria article shows.

Why would you equate the total deaths from numerous diseases without any measures to the deaths from a single disease with lockdown measures? It makes no sense at all. It's an equivalence deliberately constructed in order to support a pre-existing view.

SB

Ok SB I literally said, protect the vulnerable, wear masks, distance as much as possible and move things outside where it is possible. Did you read that part? How is this younger people doing what they want and acting normal? Moving back to March style lockdowns is not the way. Experts can’t agree about this thing because no one has a real answers and it’s very fluid.

In terms of age if it was killing the a lot more younger people that would mean a lot larger percentage of the global population was at risk so that would obviously need to be considered appropriately. The majority of working age demographic in general is not at high risk. Of course elderly people still work and people with underlying health conditions still work but they would be in the vulnerable category. Young people get a bad rep but my friends and I have been socializing in very small select groups all summer. Although my immediate family live overseas if I were seeing them I’d be extra cautious the 14 days before. You can’t control an entire population but you can put out guidance to follow and open up to some degree otherwise we are all screwed.

Waiting until a vaccine is not viable. Frankly after the SARS/MERS and other respiratory virus warnings over the last two decades the west should have been much more prepared but we are where we are.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 18:24 - Jul 31 with 1133 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 14:58 - Jul 31 by StokieBlue

SB

U OK hun?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 18:35 - Jul 31 with 1121 viewsfooters

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 18:24 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

U OK hun?

Perennial flouncer blubfish asking board savant Stokie if he's OK.

Self-awareness/10.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 18:42 - Jul 31 with 1105 viewsSeablu

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 18:24 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

U OK hun?

Every now and now then a delinquent 7 year old appears to be using your log-on & making you look like a prize pillock.
Thought you would want to know. Everyone else is just laughing & pointing.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 19:00 - Jul 31 with 1080 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 18:42 - Jul 31 by Seablu

Every now and now then a delinquent 7 year old appears to be using your log-on & making you look like a prize pillock.
Thought you would want to know. Everyone else is just laughing & pointing.

Sending hugs

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:18 - Jul 31 with 1022 viewsSpruceMoose

Good to know where we are in Fishers monthly cycle. I'll know to keep my head down August 31st!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:21 - Jul 31 with 1013 viewsBluefish

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:18 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

Good to know where we are in Fishers monthly cycle. I'll know to keep my head down August 31st!

You are bang on with your monthly cycle posts........ignoring the fact you claim that I get banned every month and most other parts of your cycle

Login to get fewer ads

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:24 - Jul 31 with 1011 viewsSpruceMoose

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:21 - Jul 31 by Bluefish

You are bang on with your monthly cycle posts........ignoring the fact you claim that I get banned every month and most other parts of your cycle

Sending tampons x
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 21:24]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024