Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? 12:24 - Jul 31 with 14020 viewsHerbivore

Just mumbling and bumbling, not much clarity. Awkwardly rifling through his papers because he's too lazy and feckless to actually prepare himself. Never have we had a PM so ill suited to the role.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:26 - Jul 31 with 3490 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chris Witty: 'We are at the outer edge of what we can do in terms of opening up society'. And this is before schools open up... hmm, interesting autumn ahead. By logical extension, that means some things may need to be closed down to allow the schools to open up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:32 - Jul 31 with 3435 viewsHerbivore

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:26 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

Chris Witty: 'We are at the outer edge of what we can do in terms of opening up society'. And this is before schools open up... hmm, interesting autumn ahead. By logical extension, that means some things may need to be closed down to allow the schools to open up.

Very much sounds like that's what they are preparing us for. Surely non-essential travel could be cut back and working from home should be maintained?

And all this "hands, face, face, get a test" b0llocks that Johnson keeps coming out with is not clear guidance and leadership, it's more meaningless soundbites.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:36 - Jul 31 with 3410 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:32 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

Very much sounds like that's what they are preparing us for. Surely non-essential travel could be cut back and working from home should be maintained?

And all this "hands, face, face, get a test" b0llocks that Johnson keeps coming out with is not clear guidance and leadership, it's more meaningless soundbites.

What's that? 'Hands, face bollox'? Some of that hand sanitiser stings - not sure I want to slather it over my bollox! He can't even say the latest 3 word catchphrase. They really are sh*t.

Agree -we're still in the middle of this and the message should be to minimise travel and still be cautious.

Harry Cole - "have you just cancelled summer?". Warra tvvat!

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:37 - Jul 31 with 3406 viewsElderGrizzly

He was meant to be announcing more good news, but that was scuppered yesterday.

I'm surprised he turned up tbh and didn't send someone else when he knew it was bad news.

Moron
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:38 - Jul 31 with 3398 viewsHerbivore

Don't just down arrow, Paz. Tell me why you disagree.

He's just managed to get his new three word slogan wrong again. Or right. Maybe it was wrong the first couple of times. Hard to say as he's so all over the place again.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:39 - Jul 31 with 3391 viewsEastTownBlue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:36 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

What's that? 'Hands, face bollox'? Some of that hand sanitiser stings - not sure I want to slather it over my bollox! He can't even say the latest 3 word catchphrase. They really are sh*t.

Agree -we're still in the middle of this and the message should be to minimise travel and still be cautious.

Harry Cole - "have you just cancelled summer?". Warra tvvat!

Not still bitter about Carrie is he ?
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:42 - Jul 31 with 3371 viewsGaryCooper

He is a complete Stumblebum, the years the supposed Labour supporters dedicated to the toxic Corbyn are a huge contributor to this ineptitude.
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:43 - Jul 31 with 3361 viewsHerbivore

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:42 - Jul 31 by GaryCooper

He is a complete Stumblebum, the years the supposed Labour supporters dedicated to the toxic Corbyn are a huge contributor to this ineptitude.

Still playing that broken record I see.

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:45 - Jul 31 with 3363 viewsIllinoisblue

You could easily argue he’s worse, much worse, than Trump as a leader. Given Johnson’s upbringing and education and supposed intellect, he’s a giant f**king fraud. Surely the worst Prime Minister there’s ever been.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:45 - Jul 31 with 3349 viewsGaryCooper

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:43 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

Still playing that broken record I see.

Own it Herb, the truth hurts, clearly.

The wasted years of fantasy invested in the Mcdonald/Corbyn axis are why we have this inept charlatan as PM.
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:45 - Jul 31 with 3361 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I have met David Cameron twice.

I absolute despise the Tories. I would never vote for them. I had a significant dislike of Cameron and everything he stood for before meeting him.

But every single question he was asked (some staged) and some not - as two of my mates asked questions - were answered incredibly well. He spoke eloquently, in detail, with empathy and with incredible knowledge. He could have spent a year working on each response and they wouldn't have been better.

I don't believe for one moment he meant any of what he said but that's not the point. I couldn't help admire how incredibly professional and knowledgeable he was. That should be what it takes to be a President or Prime Minister.

We can't even get a thing that can brush it's own hair.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 12:48]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:46 - Jul 31 with 3350 viewsElderGrizzly

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:45 - Jul 31 by Illinoisblue

You could easily argue he’s worse, much worse, than Trump as a leader. Given Johnson’s upbringing and education and supposed intellect, he’s a giant f**king fraud. Surely the worst Prime Minister there’s ever been.

He has a new slogan too - Hands Face Space

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:48 - Jul 31 with 3315 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:38 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

He's just managed to get his new three word slogan wrong again. Or right. Maybe it was wrong the first couple of times. Hard to say as he's so all over the place again.

It's fine. Number 10's press office has just released this video guide of how to remember the slogan!

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:49 - Jul 31 with 3307 views26_Paz

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:38 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

Impossible situation to manage. It’s impossible to keep everyone happy. The variety of views and attitudes towards restrictions shown by people on here demonstrates that. I feel sorry for him. It’s an impossible and thankless job he’s got.

The Paz Man

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:49 - Jul 31 with 3303 viewsHerbivore

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:45 - Jul 31 by GaryCooper

Own it Herb, the truth hurts, clearly.

The wasted years of fantasy invested in the Mcdonald/Corbyn axis are why we have this inept charlatan as PM.

We've been through this, I was no great fan of Corbyn but faced with a choice between Labour and this morally bankrupt and incompetent Tory government I plumped for the former. We've also been through your horribly simplistic understanding of what happened as well and it's really not as simple as you like to think.

I really do think it's important that those that decided to vote for Johnson and the Tories need to take some responsibility here. They actively chose to support these charlatans. We all knew Johnson's character and we'd all seen how awful his cabinet is. I have a clear conscience, I didn't support them. Perhaps you did, I don't know, but you seem very keen to shift the blame on to those that didn't vote Tory rather than those that did.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 12:57]

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:50 - Jul 31 with 3280 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:46 - Jul 31 by ElderGrizzly

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:51 - Jul 31 with 3272 viewsHerbivore

Totally agree. Trump has a double digit IQ and isn't intelligent enough to recognise his incompetence. Johnson has enough about him mentally to know he's not up to the job but he's ploughing on regardless. Worst PM ever by a country mile.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:52 - Jul 31 with 3252 viewsEastTownBlue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:46 - Jul 31 by ElderGrizzly

... and get a test.
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:53 - Jul 31 with 3246 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:49 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

Impossible situation to manage. It’s impossible to keep everyone happy. The variety of views and attitudes towards restrictions shown by people on here demonstrates that. I feel sorry for him. It’s an impossible and thankless job he’s got.

You'd have a case for it being an impossible task if several countries and their leaders hadn't already shown that it's possible.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:53 - Jul 31 with 3232 viewsmatteoblue

He is indeed. He doesn't seem to have a single idea on how to run the country. He changes his mind almost every day, and seems to run from one opinion poll to the next. This doesn't bode well for the future of the country. What seems most alarming is that he is going to force the population to wear facemasks simply because they are unable to roll back on the terrible scare stories they have been spreading among the population. It's turning the country against each other even more than Brexit did. As somebody once said, you cannot reason yourself out of a situation that you never reasoned yourself into in the first place!

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:55 - Jul 31 with 3213 viewsSwansea_Blue

I hadn't thought of it that way. He's certainly been given all the opportunities through privilege to not be a total fraud. Yeah, interesting way to look at it and probably fair.

Without doubt the worst PM. And sadly we knew he would be. But 'Get Brexit Done' innit.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:56 - Jul 31 with 3201 viewsHerbivore

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:49 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

It's not an impossible job, it's his job. It's a job other leaders elsewhere are doing and have been doing far more competently than him. We have the highest excess deaths in Europe. We came out of lockdown comparatively early with really poor and mixed messaging in place. Johnson and those close to him have continually undermined or contradicted their own advice.

Rather than blithely dismissing it as an impossible job and implying that as such it doesn't matter what he's doing, maybe you can tell us what he's actually done to make you think he's doing his job competently? What have I said about how he's presented and conducted himself that is incorrect? You've been sold a pup and backed a snake oil salesman. You'll realise it eventually, when you finally choose to open your eyes and ears.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:58 - Jul 31 with 3177 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:42 - Jul 31 by GaryCooper

No. That someone like Johnson and his empty, self-serving politics can get to lead a major Western nation is the other side of the coin of having an opposition leader and politics mercilessly attacked by the media BECAUSE it was politics characterised by social justice and equality.

Enjoy!

In entirely unrelated news there will be 5.2 million children living in poverty by 2022.

Pronouns: He/Him

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:01 - Jul 31 with 3157 viewsNthQldITFC

I'm no Johnson fan, but to say he's worse than Trump...!

Credit where it's due, for example acting quickly in Greater Manchester (with the approval of Andy Burnham).

Criticism where it's due, for example Cummings and and a lot of other stuff too, imho.

Also, why is Chris Witty saying the various rises going on at the moment are not a second wave? Surely they are the very definition of a second wave. I suppose they see 'second wave' as a scary trigger phrase for the public and want to avoid using it, but straight talking, strong leadership, cross party cooperation and not fannying around with semantics are surely what is needed now.

Also, what's Gavin Johnson got to do with it!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:01 - Jul 31 with 3143 viewsGaryCooper

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:49 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

We've been through this, I was no great fan of Corbyn but faced with a choice between Labour and this morally bankrupt and incompetent Tory government I plumped for the former. We've also been through your horribly simplistic understanding of what happened as well and it's really not as simple as you like to think.

I really do think it's important that those that decided to vote for Johnson and the Tories need to take some responsibility here. They actively chose to support these charlatans. We all knew Johnson's character and we'd all seen how awful his cabinet is. I have a clear conscience, I didn't support them. Perhaps you did, I don't know, but you seem very keen to shift the blame on to those that didn't vote Tory rather than those that did.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 12:57]

Never voted Tory, my mum was a labour councillor in Ipswich, but she was the wrong sort of Labour according to that dummkopf who filled TWTD with his Goebbeslesque propaganda.

The type of misguided dreamer that has to own this Tory government along with those who voted for it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024