Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No FA Cup chat? 19:16 - Aug 1 with 4526 viewsFixed_It

Sad sign of the times...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

No FA Cup chat? on 13:28 - Aug 2 with 642 viewsRyorry

No FA Cup chat? on 13:02 - Aug 2 by WeWereZombies

Yes, err just before the beginning of the match (at least they haven't mucked about the format of things so much that 'Abide With Me' is red button only - although the red button for 'no crowd noise' does not seem to have any effect watching on iPlayer through a Chromebook.)

Cheers, takes several mins to load iPlayer with my slow cnnection & didn't want to waste my time if not there.

Must say I prefer crowd noise & thought the controller did well on what was shown on the highlights, with boos, cheers etc being v. timely! (each to their own obvs).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No FA Cup chat? on 13:33 - Aug 2 with 632 viewsWeWereZombies

No FA Cup chat? on 13:28 - Aug 2 by Ryorry

Cheers, takes several mins to load iPlayer with my slow cnnection & didn't want to waste my time if not there.

Must say I prefer crowd noise & thought the controller did well on what was shown on the highlights, with boos, cheers etc being v. timely! (each to their own obvs).

No footage on YouTube yet but this shows the prep (and mentions a Yes track and a Police track...)

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

No FA Cup chat? on 13:46 - Aug 2 with 617 viewsRyorry

No FA Cup chat? on 13:33 - Aug 2 by WeWereZombies

No footage on YouTube yet but this shows the prep (and mentions a Yes track and a Police track...)

Haha! Loved the reveal that "it was like walking on the moon, bouncy"; and the make up lass doing her stuff kitted out in hard hat & high vis vest!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No FA Cup chat? on 15:19 - Aug 2 with 590 viewsBloomBlue

The FA Cup is becoming (or has become) a nothing competition unfortunately. As others have said it was a huge occasion you would watch irrelevant who was playing, I remember each year a different house would host the day with 4 or 5 families all going round to watch while having drink and food starting with watching the teams arrive on their bus

We chatted about it in the pub earlier and how people are more interested in the Prem, as someone said if that had been Chelsea v Arsenal in a Prem game more neutrals would watch it.
No FA Cup chat? on 15:47 - Aug 2 with 578 viewsPJH

No FA Cup chat? on 15:19 - Aug 2 by BloomBlue

The FA Cup is becoming (or has become) a nothing competition unfortunately. As others have said it was a huge occasion you would watch irrelevant who was playing, I remember each year a different house would host the day with 4 or 5 families all going round to watch while having drink and food starting with watching the teams arrive on their bus

We chatted about it in the pub earlier and how people are more interested in the Prem, as someone said if that had been Chelsea v Arsenal in a Prem game more neutrals would watch it.

I do not agree with your last point from a personal point of view although you are probably right generally.

I watched it yesterday BECAUSE it was the F.A. Cup Final and I would have watched it had it been the semi final and probably quarter final.

I very much doubt if I would have watched it if it had been a Prem game unless it was deciding the title or something significant.
No FA Cup chat? on 18:58 - Aug 2 with 546 viewsGarv

No FA Cup chat? on 13:19 - Aug 2 by Trequartista

Despite some entertaining football it was horrible to watch. No fans obviously, but all the horrors of modern football were on display. Players screaming like they've been shot, Giroud's giant redwood tumbling was laughable. The tackle that got Kovacic sent off was cheating by the opponent, but seemingly no-one cares. The horrors of var lurking in the background ready to turn matters of opinion into matters of opinion, but couldn't be used for the red card it seems as it was a second yellow. How can you have a game with rules set so arbitrarily? Either officiate with humans or computers but not a half-and-half monster.

How is this football?

'but seemingly no-one cares'

This is the sad part. You're right, it's become normalised. Even the pundits and those in the media we all watch and listen to now just pass it off as the modern game.

Yes, it's sometimes laughed at and mocked, but while players get away with it and continue winning things as a result, they'll be lauded and celebrated for it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024