Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cash out 08:32 - Aug 2 with 18834 viewsKropotkin123

Who uses cash?

- Old people
- Drug dealers and users
- Tax Dodgers

Why is cash an issue

Cost: Believe it or not, it costs money to make money. Mining metals, minting coins, designing pictures, testing quality, fraud prevention, fraud detection, printing and on and on.

Environment: The environment is harmed in many ways. Mining, supply chain impacts like transportation, electricity at ATMs, felling trees.

Health: aside from the obvious - pollution put into the atmosphere, waters and soil. Money is great for transferring viruses and bacteria. Many, many people touch the same coins and notes, which touch other coins and notes.

Drug Industry: Drug dealers don't use cards to buy and sell drugs. They operate in cash. A typical deal will have huge wads of £20 notes.

Tax Evaders: Paying in cash gives the recipient the ability to not declare actual earnings, reducing their tax liabilities, meaning you, yes you, end up paying more tax as the loss of revenue is factored into government taxation either knowingly or unknowingly.

How does the removal of cash reduce these issues

- No money means no investment in making money.

- No money means the environmental damage is stopped.

- Ceasing the circulation of money ceases the health risks associated with money

- Stopping the ability to pay for drugs without a trail will make it more difficult to distribute drugs on scale.

- Having all transactions through card will reduce low level tax evasion.

How to implement

- Instantly cease production of all new coins and notes.

- Give a one year period for everyone to return all coins and notes to banks.

- After one year make all notes and coins illegal tender.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 8:36]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Cash out on 09:10 - Aug 2 with 6362 viewsBluefish

The only time I have to use cash now is my barbers. Not using it has so many advantages

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Cash out on 09:15 - Aug 2 with 6348 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You forgot to pray for eternal and constant power supply and internet connections.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Cash out on 09:18 - Aug 2 with 6337 viewsHerbivore

Just do away with money full stop. It's the root of all evil.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cash out on 09:24 - Aug 2 with 6309 viewslongtimefan

I doubt it would take the drug trade very long to move to Bitcoin or some other untraceable currency in the event of the abolition of cash.
Cash out on 09:28 - Aug 2 with 6294 viewsBlueForYou

Well I prefer Cash!
Cash out on 09:35 - Aug 2 with 6275 viewsallezlesbleus

1) I've never had a problem at a till / checkout, being told that my cash doesn't work. I've had several problems at till/ checkouts where my card doesn't work through no fault of my own.

2) It is far easier to get into money problems when paying for everything by card.

3) I don't like the fact that if cash is banned, "Big Brother" would be able to trace everything that you do and pay for.
Cash out on 09:36 - Aug 2 with 6259 viewsEly_Blue

It employs people to make cash, distribute cash, make/maintain cash machines etc etc, therefore you are intending to make more people unemployed?

Then there are the poorer countries in the world whereby cash is a simple transaction that doesn’t involve going online or having a digital infrastructure to be able to manage a cashless way of life.

Even in our own country you have small farm and hobby businesses (market traders/car boot sellers/marketplace sellers) for whom having card machines and PayPal payments just adds cost to them.

I could go on but not a very well thought out OP even for this country let alone the rest of the world

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Cash out on 09:43 - Aug 2 with 6242 viewsMattinLondon

Cash out on 09:35 - Aug 2 by allezlesbleus

1) I've never had a problem at a till / checkout, being told that my cash doesn't work. I've had several problems at till/ checkouts where my card doesn't work through no fault of my own.

2) It is far easier to get into money problems when paying for everything by card.

3) I don't like the fact that if cash is banned, "Big Brother" would be able to trace everything that you do and pay for.

‘Big Brother’ doesn’t give a damn about the ordinary person.

Lockdown has probably reduced the usage of cash which is a good thing. If people are worried about spending too much money on their cards then they can put limitations on it.
Login to get fewer ads

Cash out on 09:57 - Aug 2 with 6192 viewsBluefish

On this subject....

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/birds-manager-sacked-lettin

Cash out on 10:03 - Aug 2 with 6179 viewsHorseboy

Poor old seaside suffering again, how do arcades survive? Kids with debit cards???
Cash out on 10:07 - Aug 2 with 6161 viewsBent_double

So you're happy for government/big business to have total control of your finances (credit/debit cards, bank accounts can be cut-off at any time) and to know exactly where you're spending your money then?

No, there is a need for cash, it should not be got rid of.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Cash out on 10:11 - Aug 2 with 6137 viewsBluefish

Cash out on 10:07 - Aug 2 by Bent_double

So you're happy for government/big business to have total control of your finances (credit/debit cards, bank accounts can be cut-off at any time) and to know exactly where you're spending your money then?

Do you honestly live with a fear that your bank account will just be turned off one day? What else are you fearful of? Sounds like you should speak to someone about this

Cash out on 10:11 - Aug 2 with 6143 viewsJ2BLUE

Cash has thousands of useful little uses. I pay by card about 95% of the time and now have Apple pay on my phone but I also have some cash tucked away in my phone case. As Lagos says there are frequent problems with non cash payment systems. You would also be condemning businesses to close if their card system went down.

Compromise. Keep cash but encourage card/mobile payments.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cash out on 10:15 - Aug 2 with 6123 viewsBluefish

Cash out on 10:11 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

Cash has thousands of useful little uses. I pay by card about 95% of the time and now have Apple pay on my phone but I also have some cash tucked away in my phone case. As Lagos says there are frequent problems with non cash payment systems. You would also be condemning businesses to close if their card system went down.

Compromise. Keep cash but encourage card/mobile payments.

we ran a tuck shop equivalent at our football pitches selling 90p tea and coffee and a few crisps and sweets. Even we realised that we needed card payments. There is a lot of effort to businesses in taking cash and most people don't carry it. I know of many trades people that have complained about cash being stopped, I can't think why though...

Cash out on 10:27 - Aug 2 with 6077 viewsHerbivore

I hate to break this to you, but the government has more important things to worry about than what you're spending your money on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cash out on 10:28 - Aug 2 with 6077 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

My local Chinese take away will still only accept cash.

Possibly falls under one of those categories.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cash out on 10:28 - Aug 2 with 6066 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paranoid.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cash out on 10:31 - Aug 2 with 6063 viewsMattinLondon

Cash out on 10:11 - Aug 2 by Bluefish

Do you honestly live with a fear that your bank account will just be turned off one day? What else are you fearful of? Sounds like you should speak to someone about this

Anyone who thinks that the government (or big brother or whatever) really cares about them is an idiot. Granted if you’re a terrorist or criminal then that’s different. But government etc really do not have the manpower or interest in keeping tabs on most of the population.
Cash out on 10:33 - Aug 2 with 6044 viewsEly_Blue

Cash out on 10:28 - Aug 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

My local Chinese take away will still only accept cash.

Possibly falls under one of those categories.

Same for us too, cash only at the chinese

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Cash out on 10:35 - Aug 2 with 6021 viewsBluefish

Cash out on 10:33 - Aug 2 by Ely_Blue

Same for us too, cash only at the chinese

It wouldn't take them long to adapt. As I say our tuck shop can take card or online payments

Cash out on 10:50 - Aug 2 with 5972 viewsgiant_stow

Cash out on 10:31 - Aug 2 by MattinLondon

Anyone who thinks that the government (or big brother or whatever) really cares about them is an idiot. Granted if you’re a terrorist or criminal then that’s different. But government etc really do not have the manpower or interest in keeping tabs on most of the population.

Not sure the argument of the govt not having time/manpower to keep tabs on so many people holds in the age of big data. And machines will get more powerful and more clever at spotting / highlight certain spending patterns. Then one day we wake up to a dictatorship and they can literally control everything about everyone.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Cash out on 10:53 - Aug 2 with 5963 viewsJ2BLUE

Cash out on 10:50 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

Not sure the argument of the govt not having time/manpower to keep tabs on so many people holds in the age of big data. And machines will get more powerful and more clever at spotting / highlight certain spending patterns. Then one day we wake up to a dictatorship and they can literally control everything about everyone.

There's a video of Ed Snowden on Youtube talking about how your mobile phone spies on you. I haven't watched it but he's probably right as i've noticed it can definitely read my texts.

A lot of people now have a smart speaker in their home as well. I am always polite to Alexa so when the machines rise up she'll put in a good word for me...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Cash out on 11:00 - Aug 2 with 5936 viewsgiant_stow

Cash out on 10:53 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

There's a video of Ed Snowden on Youtube talking about how your mobile phone spies on you. I haven't watched it but he's probably right as i've noticed it can definitely read my texts.

A lot of people now have a smart speaker in their home as well. I am always polite to Alexa so when the machines rise up she'll put in a good word for me...

haha, good idea on Alexa!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Cash out on 11:01 - Aug 2 with 5910 viewsEdwardStone

Cash out on 10:53 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

Sorry to break the bad news to you Mr J2....but Alexa won't care how polite you have been to her

You will be sent away with the rest of us for suppression, re-education and re programming
Cash out on 11:34 - Aug 2 with 5827 viewsjaykay

Cash out on 10:35 - Aug 2 by Bluefish

It wouldn't take them long to adapt. As I say our tuck shop can take card or online payments

why do i think of you as billy bunter when you say tuck shop.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024