Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? 22:10 - Aug 2 with 3708 viewsGeoffSentence

But people still are apparently

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-norway-cruiseship-idUSKBN2

36 of the crew had covid and now the race is on to trace the passengers.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:13 - Aug 2 with 3156 viewsNewcyBlue

No comment.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:15 - Aug 2 with 3140 viewsWarkystache

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:13 - Aug 2 by NewcyBlue

No comment.

Yeah but you're working Newcy. Bit different. And I wouldn't call what you do a 'cruise'.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:17 - Aug 2 with 3129 viewsBloomBlue

I believe Jane McDonald is still cruising.
You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:17 - Aug 2 with 3128 viewsNewcyBlue

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:15 - Aug 2 by Warkystache

Yeah but you're working Newcy. Bit different. And I wouldn't call what you do a 'cruise'.

Yeah, all good fun though. We have basically been in quarantine since we got on the ship on 16th June.

Nobody has been ashore. Whenever in port we all wear masks and gloves, and use alcohol hand gel.

We also have no idea when we will get home.

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:19 - Aug 2 with 3113 viewsSpruceMoose

Went on a smaller Holland America cruise a couple of years ago up the Alaskan coast. Holland America have been absolutely hammering me with emails since around April telling me that 'Now is the perfect time to book a cruise for 2021!'

No Holland America. No it's not.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:22 - Aug 2 with 3096 viewsGeoffSentence

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:13 - Aug 2 by NewcyBlue

No comment.

With my teeny tiny bit of maritime experience I should probably say that anyone who goes to sea for anything has to be a bit daft .

Robots, Newcy, it should all be done by robots.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:27 - Aug 2 with 3081 viewsjeera

Lessons learned = zero then.

Sigh.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:32 - Aug 2 with 3064 viewsNewcyBlue

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:22 - Aug 2 by GeoffSentence

With my teeny tiny bit of maritime experience I should probably say that anyone who goes to sea for anything has to be a bit daft .

Robots, Newcy, it should all be done by robots.

Yeah. I’ve yet to meet a seafarer that shouldn’t be sectioned.

Login to get fewer ads

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:39 - Aug 2 with 3043 viewsLibero

We’ve still got berks trying to fly off to other countries, nothing really surprises me at the moment.
You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 01:05 - Aug 3 with 2936 viewsfactual_blue

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:32 - Aug 2 by NewcyBlue

Yeah. I’ve yet to meet a seafarer that shouldn’t be sectioned.

And then there's Pedalo Sharkey....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 06:51 - Aug 3 with 2865 viewsbournemouthblue

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:39 - Aug 2 by Libero

We’ve still got berks trying to fly off to other countries, nothing really surprises me at the moment.

Who are these nutters who expect their beach side holiday? How fun can it honestly be at the moment, what are people expecting exactly?

The overseas holiday seems to have become an essential now, people complain like it's some sort of mandatory requirement

I suppose ironically, Brexit was particularly popular in the areas which have lost out to all the overseas holiday trade. Dare I suggest these sunny beach seekers were probably Brexit inclined?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 07:24 - Aug 3 with 2826 viewsOldsmoker

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 06:51 - Aug 3 by bournemouthblue

Who are these nutters who expect their beach side holiday? How fun can it honestly be at the moment, what are people expecting exactly?

The overseas holiday seems to have become an essential now, people complain like it's some sort of mandatory requirement

I suppose ironically, Brexit was particularly popular in the areas which have lost out to all the overseas holiday trade. Dare I suggest these sunny beach seekers were probably Brexit inclined?

It was last January that I last endured a Brexiteers garbage.
Johnson had just won the election to "Get Brexit Done".
The discussion was about passport control at Spanish airports because our Brexiteer friend would now have to go through the non-EU citizens channel on his annual hols to Spain.
Our Brexiteer declared that Spain would just wave us Brits through because of our special status - I've no idea what that is.
Apparently, the Spanish want the British Pound so badly and will do anything for it.
If any of you know how the Pound will somehow morph into a super currency once we've left the EU please tell me as I can't see it.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 07:52 - Aug 3 with 2784 viewsfactual_blue

I saw their cruise around the UK advertised in the paper the other day. A thirteen day cruise prices from (i.e. for a inside cabin, so no windows) £2900.

Bargain.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:09 - Aug 3 with 2753 viewsitfcjoe

My parents were due to go on one in March/April which was postponed, is now going to be in January so hopefully things calmed down by then.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:11 - Aug 3 with 2737 viewsitfcjoe

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 06:51 - Aug 3 by bournemouthblue

I know a few people who are away or have been away, it's really not that big a deal and everyone I've spoken to has had a nice break - that is what most people go on holiday for.

I'm not going away this summer, if I didn't have kids though then I'd look to get somewhere for a break from all this - I'm sure some people will be having mental health issues that a holiday will help

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:28 - Aug 3 with 2699 viewsLibero

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:11 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

I know a few people who are away or have been away, it's really not that big a deal and everyone I've spoken to has had a nice break - that is what most people go on holiday for.

I'm not going away this summer, if I didn't have kids though then I'd look to get somewhere for a break from all this - I'm sure some people will be having mental health issues that a holiday will help

The fact that such a sensible and balanced poster as Joe considers going for a beach holiday in the middle of a pandemic “not that big a deal” is a great barometer for how deeply the British people are in denial.
You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:30 - Aug 3 with 2683 viewsPinewoodblue

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:09 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

My parents were due to go on one in March/April which was postponed, is now going to be in January so hopefully things calmed down by then.

Med cruises from Italy start mid August.

We should have gone on a chartered cruise in March from Miami, rescheduled for March 2021. Charter company has a no refund policy, if it isn’t safe then they sill either declare bankruptcy or postpone to 2022.

Problem with booking charter with American company is no consumer protection of any sort. Had fo book flights separately so if Virgin Atlantic are fly8ng no refund From them if we choose not to go.

Ten nights in Florida what could possibly go wrong?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:41 - Aug 3 with 2663 viewsitfcjoe

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:28 - Aug 3 by Libero

The fact that such a sensible and balanced poster as Joe considers going for a beach holiday in the middle of a pandemic “not that big a deal” is a great barometer for how deeply the British people are in denial.

Is it denial or is it the reality? When the public figures in charge are willing to do so then surely they are in the best place to know the risks?

It's the same with anything, it's more a distrust of people to do the right things (social distancing, mask wearing, etc) so they need to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut. And a lack of personal responsibility being taken.

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:47 - Aug 3 with 2644 viewsLibero

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:41 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

Is it denial or is it the reality? When the public figures in charge are willing to do so then surely they are in the best place to know the risks?

It's the same with anything, it's more a distrust of people to do the right things (social distancing, mask wearing, etc) so they need to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut. And a lack of personal responsibility being taken.

In some it's denial, in some they've been duped.

I can't follow your logic that because the wealthy and entitled are doing so that it must be safe, sorry mate. Appreciate you're just echoing public consensus though.
You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:53 - Aug 3 with 2627 viewsitfcjoe

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:47 - Aug 3 by Libero

In some it's denial, in some they've been duped.

I can't follow your logic that because the wealthy and entitled are doing so that it must be safe, sorry mate. Appreciate you're just echoing public consensus though.

It's not about the wealthy and entitled, its about those who are seeing, interpreting and have the best overview of all the data seeing that it is still safe to do so - I think that tells the story.

Even in the lockdown breaking run of Dominic Cummings, he didn't do anything which risked transferring, or catching, the disease.

But the rules are in place because too many people seem to want to push the boundaries, to find ways why they haven't broken the rules, when they clearly have (like Cummings).

It is a massive catch all which isn't necessary, or which wouldn't be if people were going to act sensibly. Sadly that isn't why some people go away, they go away to act like nobs on strips out there and do everything they shouldn't be with regards to social distancing

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:56 - Aug 3 with 2618 viewsLibero

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:53 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

It's not about the wealthy and entitled, its about those who are seeing, interpreting and have the best overview of all the data seeing that it is still safe to do so - I think that tells the story.

Even in the lockdown breaking run of Dominic Cummings, he didn't do anything which risked transferring, or catching, the disease.

But the rules are in place because too many people seem to want to push the boundaries, to find ways why they haven't broken the rules, when they clearly have (like Cummings).

It is a massive catch all which isn't necessary, or which wouldn't be if people were going to act sensibly. Sadly that isn't why some people go away, they go away to act like nobs on strips out there and do everything they shouldn't be with regards to social distancing

You're giving these people far too much credit, Joe. Appreciate the way you've put your view across though.
You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 09:30 - Aug 3 with 2579 viewsSwansea_Blue

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 22:15 - Aug 2 by Warkystache

I bet it's just like a cruise. All those deckhands will be giving him massages and shots of rum, while Newcy lords it over them swinging in his hammock and talking to his parrot. Don't tell me I don't know what goes on on the high seas!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 14:17 - Aug 3 with 2449 viewsDarth_Koont

Slightly misleading article.

Yes, people can treat it as a luxury cruise but this is Hurtigruten which is a coastal route as part of the overall transport infrastructure.

Pronouns: He/Him

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 15:16 - Aug 3 with 2393 viewsTractorWood

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:11 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

They are going to say it was awful and a totally selfish waste of time though are they?

If you're stubborn enough to go away at the moment, you're probably stubborn enough to say it was fine and deny how ridiculous it is to go holiday during a pandemic.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 15:29 - Aug 3 with 2365 viewsHerbivore

You'd have to be daft to go on a cruise right now wouldnt you? on 08:53 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

Cummings did plenty of things which risked spreading the disease. His wife and kid went to a hospital up there, he left quarantine to pick them up from the hospital. He went to Barnard Castle and was seen out and about. It's hard to believe they didn't stop once on the way there or back. All of this whilst having Covid symptoms.

I'm surprised that you have such faith in those who have access to the data. To paraphrase the civil service tweet, they are a bunch of truth-twisting charlatans. The rules are in place because we're in a global pandemic and there needs to be clear guidance in place to help limit its spread. Unfortunately the messaging is too often confused or undermined by the people meant to be offering it.

I'm a bit surprised you don't see an issue with going abroad in the current climate. I think it's mad to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024