Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... 07:32 - Aug 3 with 4555 viewsKieran_Knows

... team up with this mate, Barton. Or reunited with Mellon in Scotland.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/james-norwood-transfer-latest-1-6773599

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 07:51 - Aug 3 with 4054 viewsgainsboroughblue

Watch him bang in 25 goals next season if he goes to Fleetwood.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 07:58 - Aug 3 with 4026 viewsPippin1970

Sounds harsh but I wouldn't lose any sleep of any of the players over the age of 25 leaving. The wage bill will be stripped down anyway.
Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:07 - Aug 3 with 3998 viewsitfcjoe

I can see him going, just don't think it is working for him here.

He would go and score a load elsewhere if he does go, no doubt. I'd like to see him here fit and firing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:14 - Aug 3 with 3931 viewsthebooks

I’m really not sure how good he is. My problem with him last season, regardless of injuries, was that he lacked composure when through on goal.

Hard to judge any of our players properly – Downes excepted – as the team is a mess.

Of course, we won’t get commensurate replacements, which will at least fulfill Evans’ non-league-football-in-five-years plan.
Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:14 - Aug 3 with 3936 viewsWarkystache

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:07 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

He would go and score a load elsewhere if he does go, no doubt. I'd like to see him here fit and firing

If he goes, Lawrence Shankland sounds like a good replacement!

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:15 - Aug 3 with 3929 viewsFixed_It

An injury-free Norwood will be a success at this level. Hope it is with us.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:31 - Aug 3 with 3805 viewsSitfcB

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:14 - Aug 3 by Warkystache

If he goes, Lawrence Shankland sounds like a good replacement!

Going to Rangers.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:36 - Aug 3 with 3770 viewsWD19

Bit of a non story.

"....it’s thought the Blues are not willing to allow their No.10 to depart and see him as an important member of the squad."

If fit, he is more than useful to us. We have got about 20 players we could lose and not need to directly replace.......and he is not one of them.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:37 - Aug 3 with 3761 viewsCuffy81

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:15 - Aug 3 by Fixed_It

An injury-free Norwood will be a success at this level. Hope it is with us.

The problem is if we get shot, and Jackson goes who do we replace them with? I doubt Evans is going to provide any funds
Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:42 - Aug 3 with 3727 viewsDubtractor

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:36 - Aug 3 by WD19

Bit of a non story.

"....it’s thought the Blues are not willing to allow their No.10 to depart and see him as an important member of the squad."

If fit, he is more than useful to us. We have got about 20 players we could lose and not need to directly replace.......and he is not one of them.

That last point is key.

Our support have often had an odd keenness to see us sell some of our better (albeit not always great!) players over the years, I assume in the belief we can do better. Thing is, we more often than not end up downgrading the player, especially in recent seasons!

Norwood isn't perfect, but he is a perfectly decent forward at this level despite his flaws.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:46 - Aug 3 with 3712 viewsHerbivore

I'd not be all that fussed if we got rid so long as we used the wages freed up to sign a striker with a bit more presence that can hold the ball up. Looking at the squad I think we're best suited to a system where we only play one central striker and I'm not convinced Norwood can play that role very well and I don't think he'd be much use as a wide forward either.

His all round game is okay but nothing more. He has decent movement which is what gets him his chances, but he seems to only convert a small proportion of what are often very good chances. The couple of times I saw him at Tranmere he scored but he also missed a lot so I don't think it's just an issue last season, problem is as you go up the levels you don't necessarily carry on getting as many chances.

I do have some questions over his attitude as well. I've heard more than one story of him going on the piss in game week and that's not cool. He's never going to play gor a bigger club than Town and you'd hope he'd go balls out to prove he can play at this level and above. Willingness to play through injury aside, I'm not sure he's done that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:48 - Aug 3 with 3695 viewsportmanking

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:46 - Aug 3 by Herbivore

I'd not be all that fussed if we got rid so long as we used the wages freed up to sign a striker with a bit more presence that can hold the ball up. Looking at the squad I think we're best suited to a system where we only play one central striker and I'm not convinced Norwood can play that role very well and I don't think he'd be much use as a wide forward either.

His all round game is okay but nothing more. He has decent movement which is what gets him his chances, but he seems to only convert a small proportion of what are often very good chances. The couple of times I saw him at Tranmere he scored but he also missed a lot so I don't think it's just an issue last season, problem is as you go up the levels you don't necessarily carry on getting as many chances.

I do have some questions over his attitude as well. I've heard more than one story of him going on the piss in game week and that's not cool. He's never going to play gor a bigger club than Town and you'd hope he'd go balls out to prove he can play at this level and above. Willingness to play through injury aside, I'm not sure he's done that.

On your last paragraph, that's the main reason why I'd keep him for at least one more year. Hopefully the penny drops and he realises it's make or break to play in the big leagues. Obviously fitness/injury played a large factor last year, so hopefully he's fit and firing in 2020/21.
Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:49 - Aug 3 with 3682 viewsBasuco

I am looking forward to seeing a fully fit James Norwood along side an equally fully fit Kayden Jackson, something we sadly missed for much of last season.
Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:51 - Aug 3 with 3665 viewsHerbivore

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:48 - Aug 3 by portmanking

On your last paragraph, that's the main reason why I'd keep him for at least one more year. Hopefully the penny drops and he realises it's make or break to play in the big leagues. Obviously fitness/injury played a large factor last year, so hopefully he's fit and firing in 2020/21.

He's 30 so not sure his attitude is likely to change much now and there's probably a reason he's only ever done it in the lower leagues. I just look at him and don't think he's very good to be completely honest and certainly not worth being one of our highest earners. Another transfer where perhaps we didn't do our due diligence as it sounds like the groin problem was fairly longstanding and I'd be surprised if he only discovered his love of the pub last season.

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:54 - Aug 3 with 3655 viewsitfcjoe

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:46 - Aug 3 by Herbivore

Whilst I don't disagree with much of that, the only games where we did create decent chances seemed to be the ones he played in - we looked even blunter woithout him and think some of the criticisms downplay his effectiveness

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 09:03 - Aug 3 with 3558 viewsHerbivore

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:54 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

Whilst I don't disagree with much of that, the only games where we did create decent chances seemed to be the ones he played in - we looked even blunter woithout him and think some of the criticisms downplay his effectiveness

That was more down to our lack of other options I'd say. Especially early in the season when Norwood was first out, Sears was still injured and Keane wasn't close to match fit. After Norwood came back he never really looked fit and his form was worse than in that opening run of games, where he was getting chances. I'm just very unconvinced by him and I don't think he's what we need. If he stays then I'll get behind him, but I'd not be at all bothered if he went.

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 09:54 - Aug 3 with 3341 viewsFtnfwest

according to some 'sources' he supposedly left Tranmere for £8-10k/week here against no more than £3k/week there, which i seriously doubt, although it was obviously something more. Even if he was only on say £5-6k, i'd be surprised if he'd bother moving to either of those for probably less.
Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 09:58 - Aug 3 with 3316 viewstractordownsouth

Dundee United could just be lazy journalism, it's a really easy link.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 09:58 - Aug 3 with 3310 viewsLibero

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 09:58 - Aug 3 by tractordownsouth

Dundee United could just be lazy journalism, it's a really easy link.

So is Fleetwood to be fair, might be something in it but both seem risk free predictions to make.
Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 10:01 - Aug 3 with 3294 viewsJ2BLUE

This seems like BS.

Keep him here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 10:10 - Aug 3 with 3252 viewsclive_baker

Bonkers if we sell him to Fleetwood. He's no Aguero, but we need to get him fit, even if we only get 6 - 8 good months out of him it'll be worthwhile. If he can score 20 goals next season and lead the line for us with the likes of Sears and Jackson off him then it's worth more to us than any measly transfer fee we'll get now and a few grand off the wage bill. I'll happily flog him next summer if he can contribute to getting us up, but we need to be single minded about that from September, not losing players like Norwood.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 11:11 - Aug 3 with 3068 viewsKeaneish

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 08:07 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

Why don't you think it's working for him here? I thought for a first season at a higher level in a mis-firing team he did OK. 1 goal every 2.5 games isn't too shabby - he should have had at least another 5 or 6 on that tally but i was relatively happy with his all round game, contribution and alternative character/presence in the side.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 11:17 - Aug 3 with 3044 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

No no no no.

No more needs to be said on the matter.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 12:22 - Aug 3 with 2967 viewsIpswichKnight

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 11:11 - Aug 3 by Keaneish

Why don't you think it's working for him here? I thought for a first season at a higher level in a mis-firing team he did OK. 1 goal every 2.5 games isn't too shabby - he should have had at least another 5 or 6 on that tally but i was relatively happy with his all round game, contribution and alternative character/presence in the side.

And to add he was injured/carrying an injury for most of the season, as Joe says as well we looked even more blunt when he wasn't playing.
Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 13:40 - Aug 3 with 2881 viewsChocorange

Norwood of interest to Fleetwood and Dundee United... on 11:17 - Aug 3 by TheTrueBlue1878

No no no no.

No more needs to be said on the matter.

Agree lookin forward to seeing a fully fit Norwood next season, may also help if our midfield played to his strengths as Tranmere did
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024