Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town keen on Keogh? 11:32 - Aug 3 with 11471 viewsSwailsey

No thanks.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:34 - Aug 3 with 4447 viewsSwansea_Blue

Silly season has begun!

Keogh could be our entertainment secretary - knows how to arrange a good piss up so i've heard!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:34 - Aug 3 with 4444 viewsKeno

no offence to thew guy by what the hell would we want to sign a guy involved an off field incident that lead to his sacking and who has been injured for a year and not sure when/if he will be fit again

FFS if we need a CB sign Tommy Smith

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:34 - Aug 3 with 4438 viewsBluefish

Phil is on a piss take this morning

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:34 - Aug 3 with 4444 viewsportmanking

We're clearly on separate pages in terms of footballing philosophy, because Keogh would be a 100% yes for me.

A) Town fan/links
B) Proven performer and reasonably good distribution
C) Another leader that the dressing room sorely lacks
Town keen on Keogh? on 11:36 - Aug 3 with 4417 viewsSwailsey

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:34 - Aug 3 by portmanking

We're clearly on separate pages in terms of footballing philosophy, because Keogh would be a 100% yes for me.

A) Town fan/links

All valid points but:

1) High earner previously
2) Still injured
3) Stripped of captaincy and then sacked by former club

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

He's on a very short list of players that..... on 11:36 - Aug 3 with 4412 viewsBloots

....I genuinely dislike.

And that was before his drunken road trip.

I'd really struggle with having him anywhere near the club.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:38 - Aug 3 with 4379 viewsSwansea_Blue

A) Town fan/links

If he's still got his legs he could be good in this league, agreed. Although I'm not sure how it helps the balance with him and Chambers both playing; two slow old timers. Depends how many we play at the back and what happens with Woolf too I suppose.

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:38 - Aug 3 with 4363 viewsKeno

A) Town fan/links

If A is important then ....... Tommy Smith

not sure after what happened c is a valid point

in addition to which he isnt injured, hasn't got a disciple issue

Login to get fewer ads

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:39 - Aug 3 with 4348 viewsportmanking

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:38 - Aug 3 by Swansea_Blue

If he's still got his legs he could be good in this league, agreed. Although I'm not sure how it helps the balance with him and Chambers both playing; two slow old timers. Depends how many we play at the back and what happens with Woolf too I suppose.

You'd probably be looking at Keogh playing in a 3 with both of them. Woolfie left side, Chambo right side and Keogh sweeping in the middle.

A 1000000% upgrade on James Wilson, surely no-one could deny that.
Town keen on Keogh? on 11:40 - Aug 3 with 4331 viewsMullet

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:36 - Aug 3 by Swailsey

All valid points but:

1) High earner previously
2) Still injured
3) Stripped of captaincy and then sacked by former club

The thing is some people seem to have lost all moral fortitude (if they had any) and are also deluded enough to think we should and could sign Chris Martin too.

There is an argument that footballers aren't role models etc. and as long as they get us up it doesn't matter.

But look at the damage Jewell did here with his pathetic attempts to be mates with the class clowns like Chopra and Bullard. Keogh might have made one godawful error in his whole career and that has effectively ended it, but of all my questions and concerns about Lambert, bringing in wrong'uns being added to the list would be a massive concern.

Having weeded out Harrison and the rumours about Norwood, it'd be good to think our business is about building a team and group of players that will work for each other. Especially if we are to come close to being a decent Championship side again and not another Burton or Rotherham.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:41 - Aug 3 with 4324 viewsSwansea_Blue

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:38 - Aug 3 by Keno

If A is important then ....... Tommy Smith

not sure after what happened c is a valid point

in addition to which he isnt injured, hasn't got a disciple issue

I hate it when people have disciple issues. There's some real Judases about.

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:41 - Aug 3 with 4319 viewsKeno

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:39 - Aug 3 by portmanking

You'd probably be looking at Keogh playing in a 3 with both of them. Woolfie left side, Chambo right side and Keogh sweeping in the middle.

mmmmm.......

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:41 - Aug 3 with 4320 viewsGeoffSentence

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:34 - Aug 3 by Keno

no offence to thew guy by what the hell would we want to sign a guy involved an off field incident that lead to his sacking and who has been injured for a year and not sure when/if he will be fit again

FFS if we need a CB sign Tommy Smith

I would have been OK with Keogh if it was not for the injury. We have enough crocks as it is already. Same with Tommy Smith for that matter, whilst I would otherwise be keen on his return, the back problems that plagued him when he was here last time concern me.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:44 - Aug 3 with 4276 viewsPinewoodblue

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:34 - Aug 3 by Bluefish

Phil is on a piss take this morning

Especially with Toto to Dundee Utd

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:48 - Aug 3 with 4246 viewsmarchy

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:40 - Aug 3 by Mullet

The thing is some people seem to have lost all moral fortitude (if they had any) and are also deluded enough to think we should and could sign Chris Martin too.

There is an argument that footballers aren't role models etc. and as long as they get us up it doesn't matter.

But look at the damage Jewell did here with his pathetic attempts to be mates with the class clowns like Chopra and Bullard. Keogh might have made one godawful error in his whole career and that has effectively ended it, but of all my questions and concerns about Lambert, bringing in wrong'uns being added to the list would be a massive concern.

Having weeded out Harrison and the rumours about Norwood, it'd be good to think our business is about building a team and group of players that will work for each other. Especially if we are to come close to being a decent Championship side again and not another Burton or Rotherham.

Jewellesque link is exactly what I first thought, we really don't want to start collecting ageing reprobates again. Though I'm surprised to read he's 33, the man looks like he's lived through a tough five decades.
Town keen on Keogh? on 11:48 - Aug 3 with 4249 viewsportmanking

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:40 - Aug 3 by Mullet

Putting Keogh in the same bracket is Chopra and Bullard is bare LOLZ.

The guy made a stupid, irresponsible error of judgement and has already paid the price. Prior to this, he was a model of consistency and professionalism.
Town keen on Keogh? on 11:49 - Aug 3 with 4234 viewsKieran_Knows

This clubs going to the wall. F*cking shambles.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:50 - Aug 3 with 4222 viewsLibero

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:34 - Aug 3 by Swansea_Blue

Silly season has begun!

Keogh could be our entertainment secretary - knows how to arrange a good piss up so i've heard!

If we sign this oaf over the very professional and younger Tommy Smith I'll spend the first half of the season SMH.
Town keen on Keogh? on 11:52 - Aug 3 with 4193 viewsMullet

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:48 - Aug 3 by portmanking

The guy made a stupid, irresponsible error of judgement and has already paid the price. Prior to this, he was a model of consistency and professionalism.

That you and I know about. As I said it's quite possible he had one moment of madness, but what he did is pretty grave from any set of criteria. The idea you suddenly start doing reckless things in your early 30's is harder to believe isn't it?

There's a famous German player (possibly Lothar Matthaus who I'm thinking of) who spent his final years as a model pro and left behind his younger persona and reputation, so it can happen for anyone sure.

But how do you discipline or guide young players when you've got Keogh sat right there as an example which undermines the point every time? It's not easy is it?

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:53 - Aug 3 with 4181 viewsFPL_Tractor

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:39 - Aug 3 by portmanking

I suspect Keogh or whoever we get at CB is to replace Chambers and play alongside Woolfenden as my guess is Lambert will do what he does best and go for 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 next year.

I’m a bit queasy about Keogh but can see the logic. Personally I’d want a left footed, captaincy material, no nonsense centre back if we could find one.

I suspect he’ll end in the Championship anyway.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:55 - Aug 3 with 4143 viewsLibero

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:53 - Aug 3 by FPL_Tractor

I suspect Keogh or whoever we get at CB is to replace Chambers and play alongside Woolfenden as my guess is Lambert will do what he does best and go for 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 next year.

I’m a bit queasy about Keogh but can see the logic. Personally I’d want a left footed, captaincy material, no nonsense centre back if we could find one.

I suspect he’ll end in the Championship anyway.

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:57 - Aug 3 with 4106 viewsportmanking

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:52 - Aug 3 by Mullet

That you and I know about. As I said it's quite possible he had one moment of madness, but what he did is pretty grave from any set of criteria. The idea you suddenly start doing reckless things in your early 30's is harder to believe isn't it?

There's a famous German player (possibly Lothar Matthaus who I'm thinking of) who spent his final years as a model pro and left behind his younger persona and reputation, so it can happen for anyone sure.

But how do you discipline or guide young players when you've got Keogh sat right there as an example which undermines the point every time? It's not easy is it?

How would he discipline or guide the next generation? If anything, his story would be the perfect case study for him to educate the younger players. Providing he displays the remorse that he no doubt has for the whole sorry charade.
Town keen on Keogh? on 11:58 - Aug 3 with 4087 viewsJ2BLUE

It's a yes from me. Although I suspect we don't stand a chance. Undoubtedly a bit of a bellend but maybe that's what we need. I'd consider his signing quite a coup.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Town keen on Keogh? on 12:03 - Aug 3 with 4036 viewsBloomBlue

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:48 - Aug 3 by portmanking

Although technically I would say he made two errors of judgement, 1) the incident & 2) refusing to take a pay cut because he was injured during 1) and if I remember correctly Derby sacked him for # 2) refusing to take the pay cut.

Well if he is going to join Town he had better get his mind ready for a very large pay cut
Town keen on Keogh? on 12:04 - Aug 3 with 4033 viewsMullet

Town keen on Keogh? on 11:57 - Aug 3 by portmanking

How would he discipline or guide the next generation? If anything, his story would be the perfect case study for him to educate the younger players. Providing he displays the remorse that he no doubt has for the whole sorry charade.

Well yes, but it hinges on that doesn't it and then him coming in and being a good influence and capable after his injury amongst other factors.

We need to be finding the next Adam Webster or Luke Chambers ideally, Keogh delivers neither. Even if he was coming in to fill a Mogga style gap he's not that type of CB is he? I think the desperation for promotion is clouding judgements amongst the fanbase.

The squad is massively lopsided and we need a carefully planned recruitment strategy, if Keogh is part of that then it's right to question it given Lambert's previous.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024