Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eat out to help out 11:33 - Aug 3 with 9648 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone taking advantage of this today?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Eat out to help out on 11:41 - Aug 3 with 5601 viewsPinewoodblue

Booked for Wednesday.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Eat out to help out on 11:43 - Aug 3 with 5595 viewsGeoffSentence

Yep. WIll be munching my way through some fine food this evening.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Eat out to help out on 11:48 - Aug 3 with 5591 viewsMullet

Definitely not now. I was down in North Norfolk for a week.

The amount of people acting selfishly/carelessly was appalling. If there isn't a massive spike across the South East and similar lockdowns after this summer I'll be amazed frankly. Although it might show that the danger has massively receded if there isn't a huge rise.

Had we not booked it months ago I'd have stayed home in hindsight.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Eat out to help out on 11:52 - Aug 3 with 5563 viewsLibero

Eat out to help out on 11:48 - Aug 3 by Mullet

The amount of people acting selfishly/carelessly was appalling. If there isn't a massive spike across the South East and similar lockdowns after this summer I'll be amazed frankly. Although it might show that the danger has massively receded if there isn't a huge rise.

SHUD 'AVE GONE 2 SPAIN M8!!11OLmnkdu4912
Eat out to help out on 12:07 - Aug 3 with 5510 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh come on, it's not as if we're in the middle of a global pandemic...

Bonkers innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eat out to help out on 12:29 - Aug 3 with 5446 viewsclive_baker

How does the scheme work? Do you have to do anything as the consumer, or do you just get a discount and the restaurant claims it back from the govt?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Eat out to help out on 12:32 - Aug 3 with 5436 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eat out to help out on 12:29 - Aug 3 by clive_baker

How does the scheme work? Do you have to do anything as the consumer, or do you just get a discount and the restaurant claims it back from the govt?

No. You just turn up. As many times as you like. The restaurant will automatically apply a 50% discount up to a £20 a head spend.

No codes or vouchers needed.

Iron Lion Zion

Eat out to help out on 12:33 - Aug 3 with 5431 viewshomer_123

Based on the last few days here in N Essex....no chance.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Eat out to help out on 12:33 - Aug 3 with 5434 viewsJimmyJazz

Eat out to help out on 12:29 - Aug 3 by clive_baker

Sounds about right, 50% off including soft drinks, up to a max of £10 per person

Gonna try it tonight although not made a booking.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Eat out to help out on 12:34 - Aug 3 with 5432 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s up to the customers and the establishments to act responsibly.

We’ve spent a few quid on getting screens in, PPE etc whilst removing a number of tables. Plus added extra staff as the process is longer.

Iron Lion Zion

Eat out to help out on 12:38 - Aug 3 with 5411 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eat out to help out on 12:33 - Aug 3 by JimmyJazz

Sounds about right, 50% off including soft drinks, up to a max of £10 per person

Gonna try it tonight although not made a booking.

£20 a head giving you a maximum discount of a tenner. Some people thinks it’s a maximum spend of a tenner.

Iron Lion Zion

Eat out to help out on 12:39 - Aug 3 with 5404 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eat out to help out on 12:33 - Aug 3 by homer_123

Based on the last few days here in N Essex....no chance.

Complete opposite up here. People acting very responsibly. The odd exception from younger people in town.

Iron Lion Zion

Eat out to help out on 12:40 - Aug 3 with 5393 viewsMullet

Eat out to help out on 12:34 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

It’s up to the customers and the establishments to act responsibly.

We’ve spent a few quid on getting screens in, PPE etc whilst removing a number of tables. Plus added extra staff as the process is longer.

Most places we went in to had that, collected details (although we did see one family get up and leave when asked for theirs in a huff). I was more talking generally, no masks, pushing past, standing in doorways ignoring signs etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Eat out to help out on 12:52 - Aug 3 with 5352 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eat out to help out on 12:40 - Aug 3 by Mullet

Most places we went in to had that, collected details (although we did see one family get up and leave when asked for theirs in a huff). I was more talking generally, no masks, pushing past, standing in doorways ignoring signs etc.

We’re fortunate to have two entrances so we can use one for in and one for out. All places should be table service only which minimises contact between customers.

Iron Lion Zion

Eat out to help out on 12:57 - Aug 3 with 5321 viewsAlanRetentive

Mother tells me she has been taking full advantage of that dictum.

*** Puch Maxi N Owners Club, Social Distancing Officer (SoDOff) and Undersecretary for The Verification of Vaccinations And Testing (UTVVAT) 2021 ***

Eat out to help out on 12:59 - Aug 3 with 5310 viewsclive_baker

Eat out to help out on 12:32 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

No. You just turn up. As many times as you like. The restaurant will automatically apply a 50% discount up to a £20 a head spend.

No codes or vouchers needed.

Nice one, cheers. Might check out where around me is signed up.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Eat out to help out on 13:06 - Aug 3 with 5284 viewsSouperJim

I've had a look and went on the gov website to do a postcode search of the places registered near me, but to be honest, I don't understand why it's eat-in only. I preusme the idea is to help out those places who haven't traditionally done take-away?

If I could get the discount on a click and collect at waggamamas say, I'd be all over it. But I don't particularly want the risk of eating in.

I know there is no perfect solution, but the fact you can go and eat-in at the likes of kfc and get a discount, but if you want the same food in a paper bag you don't, seems a little farcical. Although you are allowed to ask for a doggy bag!

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Eat out to help out on 13:26 - Aug 3 with 5238 viewsronnyd

Eat out to help out on 12:52 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

We’re fortunate to have two entrances so we can use one for in and one for out. All places should be table service only which minimises contact between customers.

Slightly off topic, but went to Tesco in Newmarket on Saturday and signs at the doors saying entrance and exits only. The amount of shoppers who were using the wrong doors was staggering. Also, no staff to advise shoppers to use the one-way system correctly. It's the "it doesn't apply to me" minority that is making more localised lockdowns look likely.
Eat out to help out on 13:32 - Aug 3 with 5208 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eat out to help out on 13:06 - Aug 3 by SouperJim

I've had a look and went on the gov website to do a postcode search of the places registered near me, but to be honest, I don't understand why it's eat-in only. I preusme the idea is to help out those places who haven't traditionally done take-away?

If I could get the discount on a click and collect at waggamamas say, I'd be all over it. But I don't particularly want the risk of eating in.

I know there is no perfect solution, but the fact you can go and eat-in at the likes of kfc and get a discount, but if you want the same food in a paper bag you don't, seems a little farcical. Although you are allowed to ask for a doggy bag!

Because take outs have been open through lockdown whereas restaurants have been closed for 3 1/2 months and need the help.

Hence the title “eat out to help out”.

Iron Lion Zion

Eat out to help out on 13:33 - Aug 3 with 5206 viewsGlasgowBlue

Eat out to help out on 13:26 - Aug 3 by ronnyd

Slightly off topic, but went to Tesco in Newmarket on Saturday and signs at the doors saying entrance and exits only. The amount of shoppers who were using the wrong doors was staggering. Also, no staff to advise shoppers to use the one-way system correctly. It's the "it doesn't apply to me" minority that is making more localised lockdowns look likely.

Thick as Sh1t. I was in a shopping centre yesterday that had arrows for walking in one direction and arrows for walking in the other. The amount of people who ignored the system was baffling.

Iron Lion Zion

Eat out to help out on 13:34 - Aug 3 with 5199 viewsBlueBadger

Eat out to help out on 13:32 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

Because take outs have been open through lockdown whereas restaurants have been closed for 3 1/2 months and need the help.

Hence the title “eat out to help out”.

Mrs Badger only saw the name of the initiative and has been making some very pointed comments...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Eat out to help out on 13:55 - Aug 3 with 5155 viewsPendejo

Looking forward to a lunch meeting with a ex-colleague at Rotunda Grill Kings Cross, pity 50% only counts for £10 there... Damn it not participating!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Eat out to help out on 14:31 - Aug 3 with 5097 viewshaynes_toe1

Eat out to help out on 13:34 - Aug 3 by BlueBadger

Mrs Badger only saw the name of the initiative and has been making some very pointed comments...

Yeah, she has. But I told her she should really be putting them in your direction, not mine.
Eat out to help out on 14:55 - Aug 3 with 5069 viewscatch74

We’re not sure whether to help the obesity crisis today or do the eat out to help out.
Think we’ll alternate.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Eat out to help out on 15:04 - Aug 3 with 5051 viewsmatteoblue

The government's new anti-obesity campaign is very confusing!

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024