Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eat out to help out 11:33 - Aug 3 with 9636 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone taking advantage of this today?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Eat out to help out on 21:54 - Aug 4 with 600 viewsWD19

3 times in 2 days.

Had a lovely pub meal out last night.

Can’t help but feel that eating a KFC ‘in’ this afternoon just so I could get it half price is not what the Chancellor intended.....
Eat out to help out on 10:18 - Aug 5 with 513 viewsSouperJim

Eat out to help out on 13:32 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

Because take outs have been open through lockdown whereas restaurants have been closed for 3 1/2 months and need the help.

Hence the title “eat out to help out”.

I get the intent, where things get muddy is most restaurants also do takeaway and of those who historically haven't, many have introduced it to survive lockdown. As there is a risk of increasing the infection rate by having people in restaurants, it's all a bit questionable. Those places where dine in is a bigger part of their business model will need the help, but it seems a bit unbalanced to say we'll give a leg up to these businesses over here, but not those over there, when there is a lot of cross-over with how they sell. Clearly it's not as simple as saying restaurants need help, takeaways don't.

As I said, there is no perfect solution and I think it's a positive step overall, just has a few holes. I enjoyed the member of public on the local news last night who said something along the lines of "I think it's a waste of taxpayers money and it should be put to something else, but I'll be taking advantage as often as possible".

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Eat out to help out on 10:22 - Aug 5 with 503 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Went to the Bowling House last night. Two massive plates of chilli Nachos, two starters and a cocktail each for £20. Felt perfectly safe.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Eat out to help out on 10:23 - Aug 5 with 495 viewsHerbivore

Eat out to help out on 10:22 - Aug 5 by JammyDodgerrr

Went to the Bowling House last night. Two massive plates of chilli Nachos, two starters and a cocktail each for £20. Felt perfectly safe.

Good place is the Bowling House.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024