Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... 12:19 - Aug 3 with 1592 viewsKieran_Knows

... due to COVID. Is this the first 'major' club as such?

http://www.doverathletic.com/news/statement-from-chairman/

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 13:53 - Aug 3 with 1442 viewspointofblue

I hope not but it’s very likely. Considering how clubs were saying how they couldn’t finish the season I can’t see how they expect to be able to start in September.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 14:21 - Aug 3 with 1387 viewsHipsterectomy

How do these clubs suddenly make their players take a 20%+ cut to their salary? Hearts and a few other clubs have also done this.

Isn't that the whole point of having a legal contract stating your guaranteed salary for X year(s)?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 14:31 - Aug 3 with 1356 viewsgtsb1966

Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 14:21 - Aug 3 by Hipsterectomy

How do these clubs suddenly make their players take a 20%+ cut to their salary? Hearts and a few other clubs have also done this.

Isn't that the whole point of having a legal contract stating your guaranteed salary for X year(s)?

I'd rather have 80% of something than 100% of nothing.
Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 14:39 - Aug 3 with 1325 viewsBloomBlue

Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 14:21 - Aug 3 by Hipsterectomy

They cannot force them to take a 20% cut the club can only ask the players to do that and in this instance they have refused to take a 20% cut which looks like it will result in the club going bust meaning the players will get £0
Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 14:42 - Aug 3 with 1314 viewsHipsterectomy

Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 14:39 - Aug 3 by BloomBlue

They cannot force them to take a 20% cut the club can only ask the players to do that and in this instance they have refused to take a 20% cut which looks like it will result in the club going bust meaning the players will get £0

I thought these things work in the players/staff favour though. I think I remember reading that Sol Campbell hoped Notts County went bust as they owed him unpaid wages which he wouldn't get otherwise

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 14:46 - Aug 3 with 1300 viewsbrazil1982

First of many I would imagine. Desperately need ticket gate money.
Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 14:49 - Aug 3 with 1291 viewsBloomBlue

Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 14:42 - Aug 3 by Hipsterectomy

I thought these things work in the players/staff favour though. I think I remember reading that Sol Campbell hoped Notts County went bust as they owed him unpaid wages which he wouldn't get otherwise

Isn't there a difference between unpaid wages and future wages ie unpaid is a debt and the administrators aim is to pay creditors (debts) whereas future wages aren't guaranteed?
Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 14:57 - Aug 3 with 1268 viewsKeno

Looks like Dover Athletic could be going bust... on 14:49 - Aug 3 by BloomBlue

Isn't there a difference between unpaid wages and future wages ie unpaid is a debt and the administrators aim is to pay creditors (debts) whereas future wages aren't guaranteed?

basically yes.

If you are owed say 3 months wages the administrators will look to pay that to you if these is enough money (and I believe the PFA have a scheme help with any shortfall)

from the point off administration you aren't guaranteed anything

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024