Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Quinn Podcast 14:40 - Aug 3 with 3662 viewsLibero

Have we all given up on finding a way of listening to it?

Did anyone actually offer an accurate summary of what was said?

Surprised you didn't run a story on it Phil, gentleman's agreement?
Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:46 - Aug 3 with 3641 viewsPhilTWTD

I didn't hear it before it was removed and not spoken to anyone about it.
Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:47 - Aug 3 with 3646 viewsMullet

Very little of it was helpful, even less of it coherent and reliable.

Apart from when he blamed the fans for forcing out Jim and MM and certain people glossed over it on twitter whilst praising him for "telling it like it is" there weren't many positive outcomes.

Poor bloke sounds like he's in a real mess and has been for some years.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:48 - Aug 3 with 3631 viewsLibero

Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:46 - Aug 3 by PhilTWTD

I didn't hear it before it was removed and not spoken to anyone about it.

Ah, the Arsene Wenger defence, very wise! ;)

Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:48 - Aug 3 with 3628 viewsLibero

Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:47 - Aug 3 by Mullet

Apart from when he blamed the fans for forcing out Jim and MM and certain people glossed over it on twitter whilst praising him for "telling it like it is" there weren't many positive outcomes.

Your last line is intriguing, care to expand? Not sure I get what you mean...
Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:53 - Aug 3 with 3602 viewsMullet

Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:48 - Aug 3 by Libero

Your last line is intriguing, care to expand? Not sure I get what you mean...

He basically intimated he has very few friends left in football, doesn't watch it/us, kept repeating he'd made mistakes and at a couple of points suggested he doesn't have access to his kids, has had a marriage breakdown and had some issues with drink (he sounded like he'd had a few as the pod went on to be fair).

Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:56 - Aug 3 with 3581 viewsLibero

Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:53 - Aug 3 by Mullet

He basically intimated he has very few friends left in football, doesn't watch it/us, kept repeating he'd made mistakes and at a couple of points suggested he doesn't have access to his kids, has had a marriage breakdown and had some issues with drink (he sounded like he'd had a few as the pod went on to be fair).

Christ, sounds heavy, although I've heard from quite a few ex-players that once they stop playing they don't tend to keep many friends in the game, unless they themselves intend on keeping a foot in the door.

Why do we think the podcast was pulled? Someone previously mentioned potential libel? Was there really anything in it that could be considered as libel?!
Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:58 - Aug 3 with 3562 viewsMullet

Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:56 - Aug 3 by Libero

Christ, sounds heavy, although I've heard from quite a few ex-players that once they stop playing they don't tend to keep many friends in the game, unless they themselves intend on keeping a foot in the door.

Why do we think the podcast was pulled? Someone previously mentioned potential libel? Was there really anything in it that could be considered as libel?!

It was full of libel! Plus the club might well have considered banning EADT and had a case to stand it up this time.

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:01 - Aug 3 with 3535 viewsPhilTWTD

Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:48 - Aug 3 by Libero

Ah, the Arsene Wenger defence, very wise! ;)

I've never heard of Arsene Wenger.
Login to get fewer ads

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:01 - Aug 3 with 3533 viewsLibero

Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:58 - Aug 3 by Mullet

It was full of libel! Plus the club might well have considered banning EADT and had a case to stand it up this time.

Blimey, makes you wonder why on earth they published it in the first place if it is as bad as you say.
Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:04 - Aug 3 with 3513 viewsfactual_blue

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:01 - Aug 3 by PhilTWTD

I've never heard of Arsene Wenger.

Nor he of you, dear boy, nor he of you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:16 - Aug 3 with 3475 viewsitfcjoe

Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:56 - Aug 3 by Libero

The podcast was pulled because an avenue of the paper should not be saying what was said about key figures in the club.

If Lambert, or Chambers, were to have heard it, or someone at the club did then the EADT would have been in trouble - it was like a bad version of Arsenal Fans TV but with the legitimacy of being from a reputable publication.

That's before you even go into what was said about former players and managers, he did at least have the experience to talk about them as was hear with them.

I also think he may not have been aware it was going out as a podcast, as kept saying things like "you won't include this bit" or "this bit will be cut out" so seemed as though he may have thought it was going to be written up - but that may just be me projecting

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:17 - Aug 3 with 3464 viewsLibero

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:16 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

The podcast was pulled because an avenue of the paper should not be saying what was said about key figures in the club.

If Lambert, or Chambers, were to have heard it, or someone at the club did then the EADT would have been in trouble - it was like a bad version of Arsenal Fans TV but with the legitimacy of being from a reputable publication.

That's before you even go into what was said about former players and managers, he did at least have the experience to talk about them as was hear with them.

I also think he may not have been aware it was going out as a podcast, as kept saying things like "you won't include this bit" or "this bit will be cut out" so seemed as though he may have thought it was going to be written up - but that may just be me projecting

Appreciate that clarification.

I suppose it's too much to ask specifically what was said about key figures at the club?
Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:36 - Aug 3 with 3407 viewsSitfcB

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:17 - Aug 3 by Libero

I suppose it's too much to ask specifically what was said about key figures at the club?

It’s all on the twitter if you search the key words.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:48 - Aug 3 with 3368 viewsitfcjoe

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:17 - Aug 3 by Libero

Arrogant f*ck
F8cking con man
Fraudster
Must have pictures of the chairman
Licking ar$e holes to get a new contract
Evans a charlatan etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:49 - Aug 3 with 3364 viewsIllinoisblue

Alan Quinn Podcast on 14:47 - Aug 3 by Mullet

I’m baffled as how the interview even came about. And why it was thought a bit-part player from a decade ago would be worth taking to. Real football can’t come back soon enough to fill the void.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Alan Quinn Podcast on 16:08 - Aug 3 with 3292 viewsLibero

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:36 - Aug 3 by SitfcB

It’s all on the twitter if you search the key words.

I cba to wade through ITFC Twitter, it makes this place look like the home of the ITFC intelligentsia.
Alan Quinn Podcast on 16:09 - Aug 3 with 3286 viewsLibero

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:48 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

Arrogant f*ck
F8cking con man
Fraudster
Evans a charlatan etc

Christ, what on earth were they thinking putting that out?!
Alan Quinn Podcast on 16:10 - Aug 3 with 3279 viewsclive_baker

Alan Quinn Podcast on 15:48 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

Arrogant f*ck
F8cking con man
Fraudster
Evans a charlatan etc

And half of them were about Phil...

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Alan Quinn Podcast on 00:39 - Aug 4 with 2967 viewsBLUEBEAT

I have just read the below with interest.

What doesn’t seem to be covered, and what has annoyed me about Chambers the most over the last couple of seasons, is how he disappears when things start to fall apart on the pitch. He simply doesn’t pull the team together, isn’t vocal enough and doesn’t lead by example.

https://www.tottonline.co.uk/opinion-why-alan-quinn-was-out-of-order-over-chambo

Poll: W or W

Alan Quinn Podcast on 09:06 - Aug 4 with 2802 viewsChiefXL

Alan Quinn Podcast on 00:39 - Aug 4 by BLUEBEAT

What doesn’t seem to be covered, and what has annoyed me about Chambers the most over the last couple of seasons, is how he disappears when things start to fall apart on the pitch. He simply doesn’t pull the team together, isn’t vocal enough and doesn’t lead by example.

https://www.tottonline.co.uk/opinion-why-alan-quinn-was-out-of-order-over-chambo

At what point do they stop becoming Opinion Pieces and start becoming sickening Fluff?
Alan Quinn Podcast on 09:42 - Aug 4 with 2772 viewsBLUEBEAT

Alan Quinn Podcast on 09:06 - Aug 4 by ChiefXL

At what point do they stop becoming Opinion Pieces and start becoming sickening Fluff?

“sickening fluff” is an opinion

Poll: W or W

Alan Quinn Podcast on 09:43 - Aug 4 with 2766 viewsChiefXL

Alan Quinn Podcast on 09:42 - Aug 4 by BLUEBEAT

“sickening fluff” is an opinion

Ah but it's my opinion
Alan Quinn Podcast on 09:48 - Aug 4 with 2758 viewsLibero

Alan Quinn Podcast on 00:39 - Aug 4 by BLUEBEAT

I'm not familiar with that website and while I don't think Luke Chambers is the devil in disguise, I do think they are absolutely over egging him, proper brown nosing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024