Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Norwood 16:34 - Aug 3 with 17823 viewsWallingford_Boy

Just posted on social media a video of himself climbing onto his car, hanging from an upstairs window and pulling himself up (as he was locked out).

I bet the club would love to see their highest earner risk injury in this way.

He really is a silly boy!

RIP Sir Bobby

James Norwood on 21:44 - Aug 3 with 3924 viewsBlueBadger

James Norwood on 20:04 - Aug 3 by Herbivore

This is it. He's acting like a pub player whilst earning top end League 1 money. Not impressed.

It's all a bit 'Bullard' isn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

James Norwood on 21:46 - Aug 3 with 3925 viewstractorboy1978

James Norwood on 21:11 - Aug 3 by clive_baker

Literally what I said, moronic to film that and put it online.

‘The wrestling’ is a complete non story. He went along to a charity event and maybe engaged in a move or two for the cameras. It really is a non story that some on here appear desperate to peddle like he’s committed some sort of breach of contract. Lambert referenced it at the fan event in London earlier on in the year and dismissed it as a non story.

I think he’s a bit of a clown, and it seems fine if you’re a clown and playing every week and scoring goals. But if you’re a clown and injured fans won’t accept it, despite there being no demonstrable link between to 2. It’s like a player going for a few pints after a win, ‘good lads’ and nice to see them let their hair down. Have a few beers after a defeat though and there’s hell to pay. They should be at home sobbing into their dinner.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 21:58]

People ignore and paper over the indiscretions when things are going well, it's always been thus. If he doesn't start next season well though I think he will be under serious scrutiny. And not only from the fans from a couple of stories I've heard.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 21:52]
James Norwood on 22:15 - Aug 3 with 3862 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

James Norwood on 20:04 - Aug 3 by Herbivore

This is it. He's acting like a pub player whilst earning top end League 1 money. Not impressed.

Herbivore on the TWTD forum going around judging people off Instagram stories like he’s Simon Cowell has made me chuckle.

Night hun x
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 22:16]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

James Norwood on 22:39 - Aug 3 with 3825 viewsjaykay

James Norwood on 21:18 - Aug 3 by jeera

They shouldn't be allowed dinner following a loss.

lol jeera they would have starved to death this year

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

James Norwood on 08:30 - Aug 4 with 3695 viewshaynes_toe1

James Norwood on 22:15 - Aug 3 by TheTrueBlue1878

Herbivore on the TWTD forum going around judging people off Instagram stories like he’s Simon Cowell has made me chuckle.

Night hun x
[Post edited 3 Aug 2020 22:16]

Well, actually, if this is the stuff he's filming himself doing for social media then the thought of the kind of stuff he gets up to off-camera doesn't fill me with confidence that he's taking his opportunity at this club all that seriously.
James Norwood on 08:38 - Aug 4 with 3680 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 08:30 - Aug 4 by haynes_toe1

Well, actually, if this is the stuff he's filming himself doing for social media then the thought of the kind of stuff he gets up to off-camera doesn't fill me with confidence that he's taking his opportunity at this club all that seriously.

He's posted himself being out on the piss on social media. I've also heard from the owner of an establishment in Ipswich that he was out on the piss the Thursday before a game and then lo and behold he subsequently missed that game. Thinking he's a bit of a tit is hardly controversial.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

James Norwood on 08:52 - Aug 4 with 3653 viewshoppy

James Norwood on 17:24 - Aug 3 by Wallingford_Boy

tbf I would expect you to think its fine.

But these guys are role models and its just a stupid risk from a stupid bloke.

If you can't see that, then you are even more dense than I released.

”...then you are even more dense than I released.”

Why did you release him then?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

James Norwood on 09:07 - Aug 4 with 3639 viewsKeno

James Norwood on 08:52 - Aug 4 by hoppy

It was after he sung to him

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

James Norwood on 09:13 - Aug 4 with 3622 viewsWallingford_Boy

James Norwood on 08:52 - Aug 4 by hoppy

That's an unfortunate error and makes me look like a bigger tit than Norwood!

Hope you're well, xx.

RIP Sir Bobby

James Norwood on 09:23 - Aug 4 with 3600 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

James Norwood on 08:30 - Aug 4 by haynes_toe1

But he's scored goals, a good return for someone battling through injections and meds. He's a real handful at this level.

If he choses not to take his life too seriously, its irrelevant as long as he scores goals it's frankly sod all to do with you or anyone else.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 9:25]

James Norwood on 09:24 - Aug 4 with 3594 viewsKeno

James Norwood on 09:23 - Aug 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

But he's scored goals, a good return for someone battling through injections and meds. He's a real handful at this level.

If he choses not to take his life too seriously, its irrelevant as long as he scores goals it's frankly sod all to do with you or anyone else.

apart if the "not taking his life too seriously" means he gets injured and thus is able to score goals?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

James Norwood on 09:26 - Aug 4 with 3587 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

James Norwood on 08:38 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

He's posted himself being out on the piss on social media. I've also heard from the owner of an establishment in Ipswich that he was out on the piss the Thursday before a game and then lo and behold he subsequently missed that game. Thinking he's a bit of a tit is hardly controversial.

I just think you are a bit of a contrarian hun....x

James Norwood on 09:28 - Aug 4 with 3574 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 09:26 - Aug 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

Friendly word of advice, it's best not to use words you clearly don't know the meaning of.

James Norwood on 09:33 - Aug 4 with 3563 viewsWallingford_Boy

Calling someone hun and adding a kiss makes you sound incredibly patronising..... love.

RIP Sir Bobby

James Norwood on 09:35 - Aug 4 with 3552 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 09:33 - Aug 4 by Wallingford_Boy

Calling someone hun and adding a kiss makes you sound incredibly patronising..... love.

No kiss? That's rather passive aggressive.

James Norwood on 09:49 - Aug 4 with 3539 viewsportmanking

You sound more and more like DanFord with every day that passes...
James Norwood on 09:58 - Aug 4 with 3516 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 09:49 - Aug 4 by portmanking

You sound more and more like DanFord with every day that passes...

I remember that guy. Tried to pass himself off as some kind of football guru whilst actually appearing to be largely clueless. I'd always thought he was a comedy creation to be fair.

James Norwood on 09:58 - Aug 4 with 3514 viewsportmanking

James Norwood on 09:58 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

I remember that guy. Tried to pass himself off as some kind of football guru whilst actually appearing to be largely clueless. I'd always thought he was a comedy creation to be fair.

Yes, the comedy creation aspect is uncanny...
James Norwood on 10:18 - Aug 4 with 3485 viewsclive_baker

James Norwood on 09:24 - Aug 4 by Keno

apart if the "not taking his life too seriously" means he gets injured and thus is able to score goals?

I think if there's evidence that that's the case then it's a different question altogether, but it feels like a leap to suggest that 2 operations on his groin are in any way linked to having a pint on a Thursday night or climbing through a window because he's locked out of his house. Posting it up online isn't sensible, I agree.

People question 'attitude' but the bloke was taking painkillers and injections before games because he wanted to be involved. He's waited his whole career for a crack at this level and it turned out as it did last season, it's bound to hurt.

He's a goalscorer, and they're hard to come by. 11 goals in 22 starts, a number of those not fully fit. He's scored goals throughout his career and I've seen enough to know he can do so here, if fit. I think the best thing supporters could do is get off his back and support him. We're much more dangerous with him in our weaponry vs. an additional few grand in the bank account that we'll inevitably spend a fraction of on a downgrade.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

James Norwood on 10:33 - Aug 4 with 3464 viewshaynes_toe1

Unless of course, he could score more goals and be fitter throughout the season if he did take things a bit more seriously.
James Norwood on 10:37 - Aug 4 with 3453 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

As a point of order, he had a flurry at the start of the season but then scored 6 in 26 from mid-September which is a pretty rubbish return for someone who’s role is to provide our main goal threat

However, if he has indeed been battling injuries as he’s suggested since that time then the hope has to remain that when fully fit and firing we can see more the Norwood we saw in the first few games of the season

I’d keep him personally, as I do think he’s part of our best XI still and would undoubtedly need replacing if he went

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

James Norwood on 10:48 - Aug 4 with 3424 viewsMullet

James Norwood on 10:37 - Aug 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

As a point of order, he had a flurry at the start of the season but then scored 6 in 26 from mid-September which is a pretty rubbish return for someone who’s role is to provide our main goal threat

However, if he has indeed been battling injuries as he’s suggested since that time then the hope has to remain that when fully fit and firing we can see more the Norwood we saw in the first few games of the season

I’d keep him personally, as I do think he’s part of our best XI still and would undoubtedly need replacing if he went

I think the hardest part is we have had so many better strikers/teams that seeing him as our main man is difficult viewing.

This is probably the pinnacle of his career and it's going badly. Whereas, often we see strikers come to Town knowing they can and will go higher it's hard to fathom that Norwood is the guy we invested in so heavily.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

James Norwood on 11:12 - Aug 4 with 3377 viewsitfcjoe

James Norwood on 10:48 - Aug 4 by Mullet

I think the hardest part is we have had so many better strikers/teams that seeing him as our main man is difficult viewing.

This is probably the pinnacle of his career and it's going badly. Whereas, often we see strikers come to Town knowing they can and will go higher it's hard to fathom that Norwood is the guy we invested in so heavily.

I don’t think it’s going that badly for him here, his first season was adequate despite injury issues he had

I do think it’s not quite the right fit, but I’d certainly be giving it a go here properly as we look more likely to score when he plays

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

James Norwood on 11:19 - Aug 4 with 3360 viewsMullet

James Norwood on 11:12 - Aug 4 by itfcjoe

I don’t think it’s going that badly for him here, his first season was adequate despite injury issues he had

I do think it’s not quite the right fit, but I’d certainly be giving it a go here properly as we look more likely to score when he plays

I don't think being midtable in League 1 at one of the biggest clubs in the division with injury issues can be described any other way unfortunately.

There was a big expectation he seemed to relish initially. It's just not mustered much has it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

James Norwood on 11:34 - Aug 4 with 3318 viewsclive_baker

James Norwood on 11:19 - Aug 4 by Mullet

I don't think being midtable in League 1 at one of the biggest clubs in the division with injury issues can be described any other way unfortunately.

There was a big expectation he seemed to relish initially. It's just not mustered much has it?

In his defence, we're talking about a bloke we signed on a free transfer from Tranmere and probably pay c. £5k a week. If you're looking purely at a return on investment he's not holding up too badly, and it's not really his fault that such a fanfare surrounded his arrival, on here and elsewhere. Yes he's probably a big earner relative to most of our squad, probably top 3, but he was a pretty low cost and low risk signing. Certainly compared to a Jackson who we spent £1.7m on, and scored less on a goals per game basis than Norwood did last season.

You made a valid point earlier around people's expectations and seeing Norwood as our main man. Its perhaps as a result of the history of this club, and the standards a number of our fans have come to expect, but really he's pretty much reflective of where we are, and ultimately you tend to get what you pay for in that market. FWIW I like both Jackson and Norwood for different reasons. I don't think we'll see either scoring regularly in the 2 top divisions any time soon but they're where we are at the moment, just handy L1 forwards who if kept fit, can certainly score us goals.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024