Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pompey and the salary cap 12:04 - Aug 4 with 1937 viewsHorsham

Interesting. Wonder if Town are thinking of making moves before Thursday?

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-race-agains
More interestingly... on 12:16 - Aug 4 with 1854 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...the link also mentioned that Matt Clarke was player of the season at Derby this year.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

More interestingly... on 12:20 - Aug 4 with 1829 viewsHorsham

More interestingly... on 12:16 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

...the link also mentioned that Matt Clarke was player of the season at Derby this year.

Each to their own! Personally I’m more concerned that the salary cap might affect our recruitment from Thursday!
More interestingly... on 12:22 - Aug 4 with 1810 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

More interestingly... on 12:20 - Aug 4 by Horsham

Each to their own! Personally I’m more concerned that the salary cap might affect our recruitment from Thursday!

It will be what it will be.

I cant see us doing a great deal of work prior to the deadline.

As we already breach the salary cap, is there likely to be some sort of phasing?

We could always breach and and pay the 99p fine.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Pompey and the salary cap on 12:24 - Aug 4 with 1794 viewsDennyx4

Unfortunately, think Evans will use it as an excuse not to put any further funds in.
Pompey and the salary cap on 12:28 - Aug 4 with 1760 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Pompey and the salary cap on 12:24 - Aug 4 by Dennyx4

Unfortunately, think Evans will use it as an excuse not to put any further funds in.

....and who could blame him.

Suspect the ME Group is hurting just as much as ITFC at the moment.

Pompey and the salary cap on 14:46 - Aug 4 with 1551 viewsElderGrizzly

Fairly sure Phil said this was what was behind the contract extensions/options we have already taken up and why new contract offers were there for Jackson etc.
Pompey and the salary cap on 15:09 - Aug 4 with 1493 viewsPhilTWTD

Pompey and the salary cap on 14:46 - Aug 4 by ElderGrizzly

Fairly sure Phil said this was what was behind the contract extensions/options we have already taken up and why new contract offers were there for Jackson etc.

Lee O'Neill said that was part of the reason options were taken early for Nolan and Holy, although that's obviously something aimed at the longer term rather than this year, as I understand it.

O'Neill Not a Big Fan of Salary Cap 12th Jul 2020 10:43
Town general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says he’s not a big fan of the EFL’s plans for a salary cap at League One level, which he believes have a “strong likelihood” of being voted in. 17

Not sure that's been the thinking re Jackson, just think that was about protecting an asset by trying to extend his deal. No hurry on that front anyway as his deal is effectively to the summer of 2022 and he's happy here.
Pompey and the salary cap on 15:48 - Aug 4 with 1382 viewsTieDyedIn95

Pompey and the salary cap on 12:28 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

....and who could blame him.

Suspect the ME Group is hurting just as much as ITFC at the moment.

Ipswich wouldn't be hurting as much had we still been in the Championship though.

It's all very well saying League One has lost us this much, not playing games has lost us this much more but the responsibility for how we ended up in a league with no money, where the teams couldn't afford to play games behind closed doors, firmly lies with poor Marcus I am afraid.

This is a disaster of Evans own making, pandemic or not.

As for the lack of transfer fund he would have hardly broken the bank post-failure to get promoted anyway regardless of COVID-19. He simply doesn't have the resources to spare for Ipswich Town, nor the leadership, strategy, insight or genius to make it work on a budget either. As far as club owners go, he may not be evil like some have been but he is firmly crap at what he does.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024