Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NHS waste caused by us punters 17:19 - Aug 4 with 1674 viewsgiant_stow

My boy has just got back from a 6-monthly eye-check appointment at the hospital.

The place was empty - the staff said they were spacing appointments out now for safety during covid, but get this: That department had 15 appointments booked for today and only 7 of us turned up ffs.

7!

I know people are scared, but picking up a phone isn't difficult, the utter pricks. What a sodding waste.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

NHS waste caused by us punters on 17:22 - Aug 4 with 1641 viewsJ2BLUE

If that is widespread they should look at bringing in fines for missed appointments.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

NHS waste caused by us punters on 17:24 - Aug 4 with 1625 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's a long time for an eye checkup. A lot's happened since you've been in there, not least Norwich getting relegated

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

NHS waste caused by us punters on 17:27 - Aug 4 with 1620 viewsMattinLondon

Not turning-up was a massive problem before lockdown.

I used to work in a hospital and if someone did not attend then they were taken off the system and placed back under the care of their GP - and in turn had to go right back at the end of the queue for another appointment.

Sometimes, things just happen which means that people can’t attend. But, in the main, it’s just selfishness.
NHS waste caused by us punters on 17:30 - Aug 4 with 1614 viewsSteve_M

It's always been the case that some people treat an appointment as a free option, it's far worse at the moment when appointments are necessarily restricted.

Short of charging people for missed appointments - which is a enormous administrative effort - it is difficult to know how to reduce this.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

NHS waste caused by us punters on 17:35 - Aug 4 with 1577 viewsMullet

NHS waste caused by us punters on 17:30 - Aug 4 by Steve_M

It's always been the case that some people treat an appointment as a free option, it's far worse at the moment when appointments are necessarily restricted.

Short of charging people for missed appointments - which is a enormous administrative effort - it is difficult to know how to reduce this.

There is also the risk of punishing the most vulnerable to crack down on the scumbags that don't turn up out of idleness.

My surgery used to put up a notice board figure to shame people, but I think it just made the rest of us angry. Can't really shame people when they don't turn up can you?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

NHS waste caused by us punters on 17:36 - Aug 4 with 1573 viewsBlueBadger

Voting Tory. Leads to more privatisation which and adds costs due to increased beaurocracy and decreased patient safety thanks to cost-cutting meaning expensive catch-up treatment needed.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

NHS waste caused by us punters on 17:37 - Aug 4 with 1550 viewsBlueBadger

NHS waste caused by us punters on 17:22 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

If that is widespread they should look at bringing in fines for missed appointments.

Would ultimately cost more and penalise the most vulnerable. The genuinely selfish minority will refuse to pay fines anyway.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

NHS waste caused by us punters on 17:43 - Aug 4 with 1514 viewsGeoffSentence

The other 8 drove to Barnard Castle instead.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

NHS waste caused by us punters on 17:43 - Aug 4 with 1512 viewsfactual_blue

Some restaurants are now banning no-shows from ever booking with them again.

Just a thought.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

NHS waste caused by us punters on 18:10 - Aug 4 with 1442 viewsPinewoodblue

NHS waste caused by us punters on 17:43 - Aug 4 by factual_blue

Some restaurants are now banning no-shows from ever booking with them again.

Just a thought.

Delta ordered two passengers off a flight and banned them for life because they refused to wear masks.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

NHS waste caused by us punters on 18:20 - Aug 4 with 1401 viewsfactual_blue

NHS waste caused by us punters on 18:10 - Aug 4 by Pinewoodblue

Delta ordered two passengers off a flight and banned them for life because they refused to wear masks.

Preferably they ordered them off mid-flight.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024