Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Track and Trace..... 20:36 - Aug 4 with 1860 viewsAce_High1

Other than our government being rubbish, can anyone explain to me in simple terms why we have not produced a Track and Trace app?

Surely the only way this will work is with an app which records our movements/contacts and alerts us when someone we have been with tests positive?

This call centre approach is a joke - not what any other country is doing as far as I am aware?

With winter approaching we should have used the 3 months break in June, July and August when our numbers had flattened to sort an app out.

Without an app (and assuming no miracle vaccine anytime soon), there is surely no way that come October we will not be back where we were in March with the stay at home message as cases sky rocket along with colds/coughs/general viruses making it impossible for employers to distinguish
and therefore having to send everyone home to be safe.
Track and Trace..... on 20:50 - Aug 4 with 1805 viewsitfcjoe

We have a world beating system, apparently

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Track and Trace..... on 20:54 - Aug 4 with 1786 viewsmr_bean

Get with the programme....

We're going for herd immunity on the quiet.
Track and Trace..... on 20:56 - Aug 4 with 1776 viewsfactual_blue

Deloittes are running the call centres.

That is all you need to know.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Track and Trace..... on 21:00 - Aug 4 with 1770 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dom paid an extortionate amount to his mate's company to fail to produce one (about £11m ish wasn't it?). They couldn't get one working and so jacked in the idea. Had offers from other countries, at least Germany, and said no. Someone got exceedingly rich for doing very little.

Then they said they were going to use Google, but Google turned around and told them that what the Govt wanted to do wouldn't work. Or something along those lines. There was an argument over code and compatibility or something.

I think that's an accurate(ish) short explanation.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Track and Trace..... on 21:41 - Aug 4 with 1722 viewshype313

Think you got it right with the first six words.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Track and Trace..... on 22:07 - Aug 4 with 1698 viewsOldsmoker

Here's a video that's worth watching. Not sure it will help though.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Track and Trace..... on 10:21 - Aug 5 with 1572 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It's pretty much because they are rubbish. They spent just under £12m to produce their own version of an app rather than go with the Apple/Google solution many other countries were using. The NHS version only worked if your phone was unlocked, had the app on screen, and required you to give over your personal details to a central store for an indefinite amount of time yet the government were crying because apparently they couldn't use Apple over privacy concerns. Presumably the trial in the Isle of Wight was so disastrous that it's been completely shelved. So we are left with this call centre solution which only contacts 50% of people., if that. It's frustrating because Boris totally gets away with it in PMQs but just responding to genuine questions from the opposition by using the usual "i know how lawyers work" or "why aren't you supporting us" lines when it's a genuine concern.

Imagine having an app that required you to have it on screen all the time. Seriously.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Track and Trace..... on 10:43 - Aug 5 with 1552 viewsSwansea_Blue

Track and Trace..... on 22:07 - Aug 4 by Oldsmoker

Here's a video that's worth watching. Not sure it will help though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Track and Trace..... on 10:45 - Aug 5 with 1547 viewsLibero

Track and Trace..... on 20:54 - Aug 4 by mr_bean

Get with the programme....

We're going for herd immunity on the quiet.

Yep, this.
Track and Trace..... on 10:54 - Aug 5 with 1519 viewssolemio

Track and Trace..... on 21:00 - Aug 4 by Swansea_Blue

Dom paid an extortionate amount to his mate's company to fail to produce one (about £11m ish wasn't it?). They couldn't get one working and so jacked in the idea. Had offers from other countries, at least Germany, and said no. Someone got exceedingly rich for doing very little.

Then they said they were going to use Google, but Google turned around and told them that what the Govt wanted to do wouldn't work. Or something along those lines. There was an argument over code and compatibility or something.

I think that's an accurate(ish) short explanation.

He doesn't know whether he is cummings or goings.
Dom Bess or Dom from The Repair Shop could have done better, I'm certain.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024