Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses 09:23 - Aug 5 with 6051 viewsKeno

Its Wednesday, I'm a little bored today so come TWTD what's your favourite obscure snippet?

I didn't know until a few days ago that this by the Seekers was written by Dusty Springfield's brother

Who can beat that as a vaguely interesting fact!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 13:09 - Aug 6 with 1286 viewsTangledupin_Blue

St Johnstone is the only football club in the top four divisions in England or Scotland with a letter 'J' in its name.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 13:18 - Aug 6 with 1257 viewsTangledupin_Blue

The hairs which form polar bear fur are hollow and colourless.

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 13:24 - Aug 6 with 1242 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Donald Trump's paternal grandmother's maiden name was 'Christ' and the name Christ was given to Donald's father as his middle name. Unfortunately, Donald's father's first name didn't begin with 'O'.

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 14:05 - Aug 6 with 1204 viewsFenboyBlue

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 10:17 - Aug 5 by factual_blue

'Knowledge is when you learn something new every day. Wisdom is when you let something go every day.'

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I must be very wise then because I let one go every day. Sometimes more than one a day.
Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 14:08 - Aug 6 with 1193 viewsKeno

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 13:18 - Aug 6 by Tangledupin_Blue

The hairs which form polar bear fur are hollow and colourless.

Historically we are further away in time from WW! than WW1 is from Waterloo

and we are further in time from Waterloo than Waterloo is from the English Civil War

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 14:11 - Aug 6 with 1186 viewsSteve_M

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 14:08 - Aug 6 by Keno

Historically we are further away in time from WW! than WW1 is from Waterloo

and we are further in time from Waterloo than Waterloo is from the English Civil War

You need to add the start of The Great War to that to make it accurate. There were 106 between Waterloo and the end of it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 14:12 - Aug 6 with 1178 viewsKeno

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 14:11 - Aug 6 by Steve_M

You need to add the start of The Great War to that to make it accurate. There were 106 between Waterloo and the end of it.

Fair point but I still I still fine is interesting

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 14:13 - Aug 6 with 1171 viewsMullet

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 14:11 - Aug 6 by Steve_M

Couldn't escape if you wanted to, apparently.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 14:16 - Aug 6 with 1163 viewsKeno

Wilmer McLean was an American wholesale grocer from Virginia. His house near Manassas, Virginia, used by confederate generals during First Battle of Bull Run in 1861.

After the battle, he moved to escape the war, to somewhere he thought would be safe

He bought the old court house at Appomattox.

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 14:16 - Aug 6 with 1162 viewsGeoffSentence

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 14:12 - Aug 6 by Keno

Fair point but I still I still fine is interesting

It is, and it makes me wonder if at the beginning of the first world war people were harking back nostalgically to the Napoleonic wars or whether they had put all that behind them and got on with things.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 15:24 - Aug 6 with 1117 viewsSteve_M

Obscure but vaguely interesting facts, snippets or random randomnesses on 14:16 - Aug 6 by GeoffSentence

It is, and it makes me wonder if at the beginning of the first world war people were harking back nostalgically to the Napoleonic wars or whether they had put all that behind them and got on with things.

The late 19th century was more dominated by The Scramble for Africa amongst European nations. Anglo-French rivalry had been replaced more by concern at the rise of Germany with the naval arms race of the first decade of the century.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024