Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of transfer activity 11:04 - Aug 5 with 6178 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Lack of transfer activity on 11:06 - Aug 5 with 4287 viewsLibero

I think you can discount your last question, lol.
Lack of transfer activity on 11:08 - Aug 5 with 4276 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It just means we don't need to sign as many players as others, for me. Our team is already plenty strong enough and i'm sure that's the view that lambert and evans will have. We only really need one or two signings, and then need to be good enough to come in. Our squad is so big we just don't need to sign a lot.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Lack of transfer activity on 11:10 - Aug 5 with 4255 viewsDubtractor

I suspect we need to shift players out first, as looking at our squad it is still fairly large, with 2 players for most positions.

Whether those players are good enough is another thing entirely, which makes shifting them much tougher.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lack of transfer activity on 11:13 - Aug 5 with 4236 viewsHerbivore

We already have a large squad for this level and haven't lost many players (certainly no regular first teamers) so we don't need to do as much business. Other clubs at this level will have much higher player turnover than us this summer. We do need to bring in a couple of players but they might end up being loans and they will come much later in the window when sides further up the pyramid have more of an idea of who they can let go out on loan for the season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lack of transfer activity on 11:14 - Aug 5 with 4231 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Think we are one of three - Wigan (in admin), Charlton (transfer embargo possible), Ipswich.

We have a large squad, I’m not talking or interested in who is on a pro deal, I mean actual first team squad players is a little bloated, so suspect it’s a case of needing some to leave (Nsiala, Donacien a like).

It’s a deep squad, but not quality in depth, and there is a big difference.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lack of transfer activity on 11:22 - Aug 5 with 4192 viewsPhilTWTD

We have actually made one addition, albeit not a high profile signing, Ross Crane from Bury Town. Was talking to someone yesterday and they pointed out that in normal close season terms it's still relatively early, would be the end of June so wouldn't expect loads of deals to be done now. And given the size of the squad and the general situation, I don't think we're expecting loads of signings this summer anyway.
Lack of transfer activity on 11:22 - Aug 5 with 4180 viewsChrisd

If we’re going to do any business, we’ll need to shift a few out the door first. The number of players we have for a club in L1 is simply ridiculous.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 13:01]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lack of transfer activity on 11:24 - Aug 5 with 4165 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Probably waiting for the loanees list to come as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Lack of transfer activity on 11:41 - Aug 5 with 4081 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We only need 2-3 additions really, happy to wait to get some quality in.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lack of transfer activity on 12:00 - Aug 5 with 3994 viewsHerbivore

Lack of transfer activity on 11:41 - Aug 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

We only need 2-3 additions really, happy to wait to get some quality in.

You could be waiting a very long time, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lack of transfer activity on 12:14 - Aug 5 with 3920 viewsJ2BLUE

SPOILER ALERT

Our signings:

> Will Keane 24 hours after window closes
> Danny Rowe 72 hours after window closes
> A 26 year old Croatian trialist left back who came through the Ajax academy before having spells at Raith Rovers, NK Trnje (Croatian third division), Shamrock Rovers and the Tampa Bay Rowdies (USA, second tier) 2 weeks after window closes

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lack of transfer activity on 12:18 - Aug 5 with 3889 viewsclive_baker

I don't see the problem. Everyone's starting from a different base, and a lot of clubs will have seen more departures hence needing replacements.

The best 'signings' we could make this summer would be keeping hold of some of the better players we do have*

*Plus perhaps a left back, ideally not Garbutt.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lack of transfer activity on 12:19 - Aug 5 with 3881 viewsKeno

Lack of transfer activity on 12:14 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

SPOILER ALERT

Our signings:

> A 26 year old Croatian trialist left back who came through the Ajax academy before having spells at Raith Rovers, NK Trnje (Croatian third division), Shamrock Rovers and the Tampa Bay Rowdies (USA, second tier) 2 weeks after window closes

I know that last

Passin Crapiat

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Lack of transfer activity on 12:33 - Aug 5 with 3812 viewshoppy

Lack of transfer activity on 12:19 - Aug 5 by Keno

I know that last

Passin Crapiat

He’s seen more as a right back.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lack of transfer activity on 12:36 - Aug 5 with 3796 viewsLibero

Lack of transfer activity on 12:33 - Aug 5 by hoppy

So we will playing him as a holding midfielder, naturally.
Lack of transfer activity on 12:39 - Aug 5 with 3773 viewsDarth_Koont

Personally, I'd like a policy of 1 in 1 out. At the very least, as maybe 1 in 2 out might even help for a while.

We've got a bloated squad with a lot of youngsters also in and around the first team. Building a more stable squad (less player rotation and more sustainable) seems like the appropriate response after the past couple of years of relatively high spending and player churn that has taken us down to mid-table in the third tier.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lack of transfer activity on 12:49 - Aug 5 with 3718 viewscatch74

Lack of transfer activity on 12:18 - Aug 5 by clive_baker

I don't see the problem. Everyone's starting from a different base, and a lot of clubs will have seen more departures hence needing replacements.

The best 'signings' we could make this summer would be keeping hold of some of the better players we do have*

*Plus perhaps a left back, ideally not Garbutt.

My one concern is the expenditure cap. It sounds like if it’s voted in then signings before the vote will count as the league average. If we’re getting anyone in, get them in quick - as others have said, don’t need much but needs to be quality .

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Lack of transfer activity on 12:52 - Aug 5 with 3704 viewsKeno

Lack of transfer activity on 12:33 - Aug 5 by hoppy

Lamburke will try him as a number 10

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Lack of transfer activity on 13:04 - Aug 5 with 3648 viewsIllinoisblue

Not bothered at all. Would rather see deadwood moved on and our much heralded youths actually given a chance.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lack of transfer activity on 13:14 - Aug 5 with 3588 viewsBlueBadger

Lack of transfer activity on 13:04 - Aug 5 by Illinoisblue

Not bothered at all. Would rather see deadwood moved on and our much heralded youths actually given a chance.

Trouble is, nobody wants our 'dead wood', the want our much heralded youths.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lack of transfer activity on 13:19 - Aug 5 with 3563 viewsitfcjoe

Lack of transfer activity on 13:04 - Aug 5 by Illinoisblue

Yeah, I'm not really fussed - would like a couple of quality additions but certainly don't need bodies for the sake of it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lack of transfer activity on 13:21 - Aug 5 with 3547 viewsJDB23

I'd like to see a LB, LW and ST brought in, I don't think we need much more than that. Trouble is that the first game is what, 5 weeks away, and players have been sat on their arse for months on end. We need to be getting them in soonish if we want to get them up to speed, especially if they are currently unattached.
Lack of transfer activity on 13:22 - Aug 5 with 3533 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's not about speed, it's about getting the right players in. Like re-signing Keane 3 weeks after the window closes because we've run out of options .

I'm assuming we'll need some outs before we see anyone coming in. Evans is going to have to start chopping the wage bill again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lack of transfer activity on 13:26 - Aug 5 with 3496 viewsArnieM

Given the bloated size of our squad, and having only offloaded so far 4 regulars, I’d doubt we’ll be bringing in anyone until we offload a good deal more., and that’s on the background of a possible wages cap at some point ( I know it’s shelved for now, but I think it will come at som Epping, it has too). Problem is I think the majority of our players have at least a year left on their contracts. I think something like 22 come up for renewal in 21/22 .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lack of transfer activity on 13:31 - Aug 5 with 3474 viewsMeadowlark

Lack of transfer activity on 12:14 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

SPOILER ALERT

Our signings:

...... and Jaydon Michelson-Morley from non league Bantford Town. A fast free scoring young winger/striker who has set the lower leagues alight after being let go from the Burnley academy as a teenager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024