Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town former food offerings 11:21 - Aug 5 with 6200 viewsnewcastlefan1984

I used to work in the kiosk from 2005 to 2019 and I remember the:
- Old pies in the foil casings- I think cheese and onion, chicken and mushroom, chicken balti and mince and onion
- Hot dogs- the newest ones are the best. Love the taste
- Pizza pods
- soups from sir alf ramsey stand
- Portman Pies- the best
- Chips
- Wedges

Are there any you have memories of?
Ipswich Town former food offerings on 11:30 - Aug 5 with 6140 viewsJ2BLUE

To be honest we mostly just stand agonising that we'll never know what it's like to eat a pie in one of the home stands at St James' Park.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 11:35 - Aug 5 with 6119 viewsSteve_M

Long queues, crap beer, poor service.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:08 - Aug 5 with 6054 viewsNewcyBlue

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 11:30 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

To be honest we mostly just stand agonising that we'll never know what it's like to eat a pie in one of the home stands at St James' Park.

I do. Went to Newcastle vs the Scum.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:15 - Aug 5 with 6028 viewsJ2BLUE

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:08 - Aug 5 by NewcyBlue

I do. Went to Newcastle vs the Scum.

Truly impaired.

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:16 - Aug 5 with 6030 viewsclive_baker

I rarely buy food at PR. Not sure why, just doesn't really cross my mind. I'll often get a pint before the game, but h/t isn't really long enough. By the time you've got to the front of the queue you're normally left with about 3 minutes to sink it and get back to the game. I did get a rare half time pie & pint last season, I think it was the FA Cup game against Lincoln and that was more because it was cold and there was no queue. Pretty decent it was too I must say.

Used to get a Yorkie sometimes when I was a kid. Or Fruit Pastels.

How come you're a Newcastle fan having worked at PR for 14 years? Pull yourself together man.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:18 - Aug 5 with 6011 viewsNewcyBlue

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:15 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

I don’t remember the food.

The stadium was just like any other stadium that isn’t Portman Road.

Portman Road is home.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:21 - Aug 5 with 6007 viewsLibero

I worked in the North Stand lower for Lindley catering during that time for a couple of seasons, it certainly isn't something I reminisce about with fondness.

My Dad's Brother has been working in different kiosk's around the ground for 14/15/16 seasons, I can't remember exactly how many, but I do remember that after his 10th year my Dad wrote him a letter on headed paper offering him a testimonial and signed it as David Sheepshanks...

Uncle Dave's a lovely man, but he's not bright, he thought it was legit.
Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:24 - Aug 5 with 5978 viewsJ2BLUE

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:21 - Aug 5 by Libero

I worked in the North Stand lower for Lindley catering during that time for a couple of seasons, it certainly isn't something I reminisce about with fondness.

My Dad's Brother has been working in different kiosk's around the ground for 14/15/16 seasons, I can't remember exactly how many, but I do remember that after his 10th year my Dad wrote him a letter on headed paper offering him a testimonial and signed it as David Sheepshanks...

That is brilliant

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:48 - Aug 5 with 5911 viewsBlueBadger

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 11:35 - Aug 5 by Steve_M

Long queues, crap beer, poor service.

As above, so below.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:51 - Aug 5 with 5908 viewsLibero

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:24 - Aug 5 by J2BLUE

That is brilliant

What's best is that he only realised it was a wind up when he called the club and asked to speak to Mr. Sheepshanks, regarding his upcoming testimonial.

My Dad ripped the piss out of him for f*cking years about it, top bantz.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 12:53]
Ipswich Town former food offerings on 14:10 - Aug 5 with 5801 viewsbrazil1982

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:16 - Aug 5 by clive_baker

I rarely buy food at PR. Not sure why, just doesn't really cross my mind. I'll often get a pint before the game, but h/t isn't really long enough. By the time you've got to the front of the queue you're normally left with about 3 minutes to sink it and get back to the game. I did get a rare half time pie & pint last season, I think it was the FA Cup game against Lincoln and that was more because it was cold and there was no queue. Pretty decent it was too I must say.

How come you're a Newcastle fan having worked at PR for 14 years? Pull yourself together man.

I can't recall the last time I bought food at a football ground - why? Can't people go without food for a couple of hours?

Update: Remember a chicken Balti pie at Rotherham, wasn't too bad.
Ipswich Town former food offerings on 17:54 - Aug 5 with 5663 viewsallezlesbleus

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 14:10 - Aug 5 by brazil1982

I can't recall the last time I bought food at a football ground - why? Can't people go without food for a couple of hours?

Update: Remember a chicken Balti pie at Rotherham, wasn't too bad.

I had a meat and potato pie at Old Trafford many years ago, which was so good I bought another one straight away.

I think that was the year they were leading 1-0 and half-time and we beat them 2-1, which meant we stayed up and they couldn't win the league.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 17:54]
Ipswich Town former food offerings on 17:59 - Aug 5 with 5645 viewsWarkystache

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 17:54 - Aug 5 by allezlesbleus

I had a meat and potato pie at Old Trafford many years ago, which was so good I bought another one straight away.

I think that was the year they were leading 1-0 and half-time and we beat them 2-1, which meant we stayed up and they couldn't win the league.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 17:54]

I went to Forest one year and had a burger outside the ground. It was a hell of a lot better than the one my friend got inside. It was identifiably meat for one thing.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 20:26 - Aug 5 with 5556 viewsPinewoodblue

When Sir Alf stand first opened used to enjoy the meal of the day in Legends. Was also good vale for money.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 20:57 - Aug 5 with 5516 viewsAce_High1

The sausage rolls back in early 2000's used to be good in the Britannia.
Ipswich Town former food offerings on 22:19 - Aug 5 with 5458 viewsjaykay

back in the day ,you didn't need to queue for your sweets. girls use to walk round the pitch selling these ,befor the game and at half time. i think they worked for a firm called caters
but i might be wrong on that name

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 22:26 - Aug 5 with 5448 viewsWarkystache

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 22:19 - Aug 5 by jaykay

back in the day ,you didn't need to queue for your sweets. girls use to walk round the pitch selling these ,befor the game and at half time. i think they worked for a firm called caters
but i might be wrong on that name

I've always preferred the burger van behind Sir Alf to any of the others. Even when I ended up in Churchmans, I'd still go there. The burger rolls are lovely from that one.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 08:53 - Aug 6 with 5320 viewsnewcastlefan1984

I have been a fan of Newcastle since I was 10 in 1994. My brother supports Liverpool and I had a very brief period of Arsenal supporting from 1993 to 1994 then a neighbour I hated moved in and found out he supported Arsenal, so I picked Newcastle as my Mum loves Kevin Keegan and we were the entertainers.

I do also want Ipswich to do well. I was born here at Ipswich Hospital and have lived in Chantry all my life. I studied at Suffolk College. I just love football and miss the banter I used to have over me supporting Newcastle with the Ipswich fans.

The Ipswich 3 Newcastle 1 game is one I still get stick for. But that was a nice day for us all and I was just delighted to see us play at Ipswich as it is a long way to go up to Newcastle and I wish I could do it more often.
Ipswich Town former food offerings on 08:55 - Aug 6 with 5313 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:21 - Aug 5 by Libero

Libero, I am very sorry you did not have a nice experience.

I am glad they have improved it slightly with better signage and a better more diverse range of products.

Beforehand, we did have a couple of bosses that were hard to get on with. Tim the one that was there before I had to leave for health reasons was great and is a great support and helped me a lot through a difficult period of my life.

He is brilliant.
Ipswich Town former food offerings on 09:13 - Aug 6 with 5285 viewsLibero

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 08:55 - Aug 6 by newcastlefan1984

Libero, I am very sorry you did not have a nice experience.

I am glad they have improved it slightly with better signage and a better more diverse range of products.

Beforehand, we did have a couple of bosses that were hard to get on with. Tim the one that was there before I had to leave for health reasons was great and is a great support and helped me a lot through a difficult period of my life.

He is brilliant.

It was just a weird set up, I can't remember for sure but I think the bosses name was Debbie? Every week they were missing money and accusing someone of taking from the till.
I was lucky, all I did was pull pints and sort out stuff at the back, just remember it being badly organised and unprofessional, I was in my late teens at the time and only really did the job as I couldn't afford a season ticket and I missed going to the football.
Once done after half time I'd fill a Coke paper cup up with beer, grab one of the pies that was going down as wastage and waddle out to the north upper to watch the majority of the second half, that bit wasn't so bad...

I've a feeling we've met in passing before. I assume you're aware of my Uncle Dave that I referenced in the testimonial anecdote? Lovely man, but a hapless tit.
Ipswich Town former food offerings on 12:25 - Aug 6 with 5189 viewsjaykay

Ipswich Town former food offerings on 22:26 - Aug 5 by Warkystache

I've always preferred the burger van behind Sir Alf to any of the others. Even when I ended up in Churchmans, I'd still go there. The burger rolls are lovely from that one.

isnt sir alf the old churchmans or did you mean sir bobs

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024