Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans stresses core principles to staff and players 12:49 - Aug 5 with 7464 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/evans-meets-lambert-and-players-1-6778063

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 12:52 - Aug 5 with 4675 viewsBlueBadger

'Please lads, keep deflecting the attention from me by continuing to be hopelessly inept and buying the easily conned a drink every so often'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 12:54 - Aug 5 with 4651 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 12:52 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

'Please lads, keep deflecting the attention from me by continuing to be hopelessly inept and buying the easily conned a drink every so often'.

It will be interesting to see how far these core principles of academy grads and exciting football, if they get going at all.

Or will it be the same old same old of Nolan, Judge, Wilson, Sears taking spots of Mizouni, Dobra, Dozzell and co.

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 12:58 - Aug 5 with 4624 viewsLibero

He must be gutted about the Olympics...
Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:06 - Aug 5 with 4587 viewsBlueBadger

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 12:54 - Aug 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

It will be interesting to see how far these core principles of academy grads and exciting football, if they get going at all.

Or will it be the same old same old of Nolan, Judge, Wilson, Sears taking spots of Mizouni, Dobra, Dozzell and co.

From a previous thread about Dobra..

Play Dobra by BlueBadger 4 Aug 2020 17:15
Lambert will give him regular starts, out of position, when he feels he's 'losing the crowd' and has already shelled out for a few pints.

The same people who were clamouring for him will then declare that 'Lambo' was right not to play him as he's clearly rubbish.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:13 - Aug 5 with 4558 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:06 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

From a previous thread about Dobra..

Play Dobra by BlueBadger 4 Aug 2020 17:15
Lambert will give him regular starts, out of position, when he feels he's 'losing the crowd' and has already shelled out for a few pints.

The same people who were clamouring for him will then declare that 'Lambo' was right not to play him as he's clearly rubbish.

I hope you aren't right here, and suspect you've gone for the cynical approach.

This club will remain in pure mediocrity, and will continue to scream bang average, no life or soul until something changes, and I think the introduction and influence of a very good academy system can be the foundations for it.

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:17 - Aug 5 with 4547 viewsBlueBadger

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:13 - Aug 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

I hope you aren't right here, and suspect you've gone for the cynical approach.

This club will remain in pure mediocrity, and will continue to scream bang average, no life or soul until something changes, and I think the introduction and influence of a very good academy system can be the foundations for it.

The club needed a top-to-bottom restructure and the ideal time to do it was when Mick left. Hell, we should have been moving on that from the moment he announced he was leaving but we didn't. We could have installed a proper DoF and scouting system and coupled it to an upcoming manager who was committed to an 'all ITFC teams play the same system' but as always, we half arsed it by going with Hurst, let him wreak havoc utterly unrestrained and then replacing him with a bloke who's spent most of the last decade moving from failure to failure.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 13:17]

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:20 - Aug 5 with 4527 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wonder what his core principles are. I'd struggle to guess given that we know very little about him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:21 - Aug 5 with 4513 viewsITFC_Forever

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:17 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

The club needed a top-to-bottom restructure and the ideal time to do it was when Mick left. Hell, we should have been moving on that from the moment he announced he was leaving but we didn't. We could have installed a proper DoF and scouting system and coupled it to an upcoming manager who was committed to an 'all ITFC teams play the same system' but as always, we half arsed it by going with Hurst, let him wreak havoc utterly unrestrained and then replacing him with a bloke who's spent most of the last decade moving from failure to failure.

DoF AND a Head Coach??

There’s no way ME will pay two wages where he can pay one.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:37 - Aug 5 with 4439 viewspatrickswell

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:17 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

The tragedy of it is Hurst DID build clubs up and it was rare for him to leave a club in a poorer place than it was when he went there.

Unfortunately, he behaved like Brian Clough at Leeds on acid once he met his squad and compounded it with dreadful decision making all while wiping his backside with whatever note Evans left the core principles written on.

At a push, Lambert could claim that he has been working to a changed brief for 2 seasons (avoid relegation, win promotion). Maybe they’re just trying to get targets whittled down to something he might actually be able to do.
Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:41 - Aug 5 with 4417 viewsBlueBadger

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:37 - Aug 5 by patrickswell

The tragedy of it is Hurst DID build clubs up and it was rare for him to leave a club in a poorer place than it was when he went there.

Unfortunately, he behaved like Brian Clough at Leeds on acid once he met his squad and compounded it with dreadful decision making all while wiping his backside with whatever note Evans left the core principles written on.

At a push, Lambert could claim that he has been working to a changed brief for 2 seasons (avoid relegation, win promotion). Maybe they’re just trying to get targets whittled down to something he might actually be able to do.

I'd suggest 'leave in an orderly fashion' would be the best thing.

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:43 - Aug 5 with 4401 viewsDanTheMan

What an experience I bet that was.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:44 - Aug 5 with 4393 viewsSwansea_Blue

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:43 - Aug 5 by DanTheMan

What an experience I bet that was.

I suspect something close to resembling an episode of The Office. Words of wisdom from the boss who's dragged us to our lowest position in about 60 years, and principles and 5 year plans all over the place.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:44 - Aug 5 with 4392 viewsitfcjoe

Hopefully Evans has given O'Neill a bit more power to actually ry and get the plan put properly in place - I doubt it though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:54 - Aug 5 with 4341 viewsDanTheMan

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:44 - Aug 5 by itfcjoe

Hopefully Evans has given O'Neill a bit more power to actually ry and get the plan put properly in place - I doubt it though

There's a plan!?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:54 - Aug 5 with 4346 viewsDarth_Koont

Personally, I always thought the 5-point plan was a good over-arching strategy for a club like us.

Problem was that it was going to take time to produce on-field and off-field results simply because it relied on an academy and u23 set-up that didn't really start producing enough of the young players needed until Mick's last year. But nevertheless, Hurst inherited a great platform of young players, significant transfer value in the squad at the same time as the squad was as sustainable as it's ever been in recent years.

So the question is not why is that approach being pushed again, but why did Evans, O'Neill, Hurst and Lambert seemingly abandon it and make all the previous sacrifices worthless? If that's the approach he wants, just why did Evans sign off on that?

I don't get it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:59 - Aug 5 with 4314 viewsgordon

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:54 - Aug 5 by Darth_Koont

Personally, I always thought the 5-point plan was a good over-arching strategy for a club like us.

Problem was that it was going to take time to produce on-field and off-field results simply because it relied on an academy and u23 set-up that didn't really start producing enough of the young players needed until Mick's last year. But nevertheless, Hurst inherited a great platform of young players, significant transfer value in the squad at the same time as the squad was as sustainable as it's ever been in recent years.

So the question is not why is that approach being pushed again, but why did Evans, O'Neill, Hurst and Lambert seemingly abandon it and make all the previous sacrifices worthless? If that's the approach he wants, just why did Evans sign off on that?

I don't get it.

I just wonder how Evans can really stress that he has 'core principles,' when his approach has been so haphazard.
Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 14:05 - Aug 5 with 4287 viewsitfcjoe

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:54 - Aug 5 by Darth_Koont

I don't get it.

That's the key point, he let Hurst take a wrecking ball to the squad, O'Neill was in the building when all this was going on too - this is the worry

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 14:09 - Aug 5 with 4259 viewspatrickswell

I don't get it.

I think in large part it was down to the saleable assets all deciding to leave once they had spent any period of time with Hurst and the tanned genius deciding that “If I pack the club full of signings from the lower league, they’ll listen to me and do what I say. Furthermore, if I get in young Premier League loanees, I won’t have to listen to the Academy coaches and I can do things my way immediately”.

I’d love to have been Hurst’s internal monologue once the summer transfer window ended and he realised he’d messed up. A penny for Evans’s thoughts too.
Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 14:11 - Aug 5 with 4245 viewsDarth_Koont

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:59 - Aug 5 by gordon

I just wonder how Evans can really stress that he has 'core principles,' when his approach has been so haphazard.

Indeed.

We've changed approach a dozen times in his dozen years here. Sometimes out of necessity i.e. when we were facing relegation or during the first years when a transfer fund seemed welcome on paper.

But it's been a remarkably haphazard approach to the overall football management of a club that we know can take years to work.

Maybe it's that changeability off the pitch that sees managers like Jewell and seemingly Lambert increase their own changeability and randomness on it?

Pronouns: He/Him

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 14:12 - Aug 5 with 4237 viewsFPL_Tractor

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 13:21 - Aug 5 by ITFC_Forever

DoF AND a Head Coach??

There’s no way ME will pay two wages where he can pay one.

Which explains why Lee O’Neill is still both (effectively) DoF but also Academy Manager - unless I missed something.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 14:26 - Aug 5 with 4179 viewsBloomBlue

He should get me in to give the players their core principles..

"Don't f**k it up this season and win the f******g league"

End of core principles
Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 14:35 - Aug 5 with 4150 viewsIllinoisblue

Core principles of Tax avoidance and phoning Harry Redknapp for football advice?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 14:39 - Aug 5 with 4116 viewsElderGrizzly

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 14:35 - Aug 5 by Illinoisblue

Core principles of Tax avoidance and phoning Harry Redknapp for football advice?

So one phone call then?
Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 14:48 - Aug 5 with 4068 viewsIllinoisblue

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 14:39 - Aug 5 by ElderGrizzly

So one phone call then?

That open goal wasn’t going to be missed! Grizzly slams the ball home from two yards out.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 14:51 - Aug 5 with 4052 viewsLibero

Evans stresses core principles to staff and players on 14:05 - Aug 5 by itfcjoe

That's the key point, he let Hurst take a wrecking ball to the squad, O'Neill was in the building when all this was going on too - this is the worry

Before their off field roles at the club Paul Hurst made 455 professional appearances across the football league, Lee O'Neil failed to make the grade at Ipswich Town, went to uni a couple of times and did P.E lessons for Middle School kids.

If he'd even dared to try to tell Paul Hurst who he should or shouldn't be getting rid of he would have been laughed out of the room.
That aside, he's also isn't the sort of character that's going to make those strong moves.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 14:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024